What are the best guest houses in Accra?

Hello everyone!

I was told that guest houses are the best option for new expats because extended stay rates are negotiable, and there is a daily or weekly or monthly rate, and moving to another guest house is easy to do.

What are the best options for guest houses (in terms of lowest rate, variance in rates, bedroom accommodations, furnishings, overall aesthetic of property, cleanliness, guest service, property security, electronic surveillance, electricity and water supply, internet accessibility, proximity to airport, air conditioning, bathroom accommodations, quiet environment)?

Thank you for recommendations!  (Real estate professionals need not reply. I am really interested in receiving suggestions from those who do not have a profit motive in mentioning a specific place.)

First you need to think about where you want to be based and then use a website like tripadvisor to see the accommodation in that area as the reviews there will probably give you the best information.

Accra is too congested and too many nose and horrible traffic movement  In accra, try rural areas like Volta region

Thank you very much for the comments!

Well Kumasi is the second to the most developed region in Ghana, and its very cool place I have ever seen with a good and high standerd hotels, so if you won't mind? I'm Kelvin by name newly located to Kumasi too  Thanks

Thank you for the comments!

I am interested in living in Accra and living in the accommodations where other Americans have lived since American-designed housing has certain amenities.

I do not want to rely on TripAdvisor reviews of guest houses because there is no way to contact the person who posted the review to ask more questions.

It is nice to see the comments on this thread! Thank you.

Hi Kelvin ,
Can you inbox me your contact details?

Thank you

Hello!

Thank you for responses!

I am interested in guest houses in Accra.

I do not want to pay more than 1000 GHC for a one-month stay in a guest room.

I'm afraid you are not going to find anything with the amenities you expect for 30cedis a night. You could look on accraexpat.com as people often offer accommodation in spare rooms that you might be able to afford.

Thank you very much for responding!

I saw online that some people in Accra have mentioned that there ARE some guest houses (with electricity, water, bathrooms en suite, and fully-furnished rooms) with rates under 30 GHC that they have seen and stayed in:

1. Adesko Hotel - Dworzulu
2. Perita Guesthouse - Lapaz
3. Toronto Motel - Mallam Junction

So it is not even true that these accommodations do not exist.  But thanks anyway for responses!

Mallam Junction is a long way out of Accra. Dworzulu might be OK but I would check that the details given are accurate. I have some knowledge of Obama Hotel in East Legon and that was around 100 cedis a night and certainly wasn't anything more than basic. LaPaz is not an area I know but from what I understand it is very densely populated.
I didn't say you couldn't get anything in Accra for that price just that I doubt you would be impressed by either the location or the amenities

Hello all

Could you be so kind to recommend some guest houses in our business directory : Guesthouses in Accra so that the infos can benefit futur members too?

Thank you

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team