Hi all

Hi all, I'm Lyndsey, thinking of moving to Istanbul, very exciting but daunting at the same time. I'm originally from the UK but currently live in Brisbane, Australia.

Can anyone give me some advice on looking for an English speaking job? I'm and executive assistant but may be looking for a new challenge.

Any other good advice regards moving there would also be greatly appreciated.

I speak very little Turkish at the moment but am learning.

Cheers :)

Hello.In my opinion Australia is better than Turkey about finding job since country's language is English.If you really want to move here try to fix thngs such as finding a job online and a place to stay then move here.have a good day....

Hello,
Exactly, try to find a job online firstly. There are many international companies here, which may be interested in you. Or another option - national companies, which work in import-export field, but most probably you will need a good level of Turkish. Or call-center of an international company - they don't ask for Turkish knowledge. Work permit is also required here.
Also be prepared for the certain difference between salary rates here and in Australia)

Hî Lyndsay
Im  living in Istanbul i came hère 6month ago . If you would like coming its Easy . Firstly you hâve to meet yourself the company and tell them your motivation. You hâve a good english its what Theýre looking for the turkish knowledge Will come with Time .

Hey Lynzo77

I'll get to the point straight away...

Considering the Culture of the English Speaking Countries such as U.S, U.K, Australia, or even South Africa, If you plan to "Move" to Istanbul, which is "Advertised" as the Metropolitan city of Turkey (Forests of Amazon are more organized than this city in my opinion). and people are only friendly "If" you're spending money, to "pick up" a foreign chick or to practice their awful English (Believe me... there are no other reasons), There are no "Housing" standarts, Do not rely on Government officials or even the public servants for express or snail speed service 95% of the has "inferiority complex". If you go to Doctors in a private hospitals you need to sign a release of consent form before you make the mandatory check-up payment and you can not see the doctors unless you sign the document...

Gift products are made in China but you pay the Turkish price ( that means (retail price * 3))

and the list goes on..and on.... and on like the Duracell ad...

Long story short.... Before you make a decision to move visit Turkey for a week or two rent a place from airbnb, and smell the weather befoer you move.

Because the Culture a citizen of an English Speaking Country will find it very hard to addapt to Turkish way of living, if you burn all your bridges to move to Turkey....

That's all I have time for tonight ( Nice Dress by the way...)