Troubles replying to private messages

I'm new to this forum and having trouble replying back to my private messages.  Any newbies to this site having the same issue? I keep getting the below  error msg:

" Your message hasn't been sent. In order to prevent issues, the private message system is not fully activated for new users. Did you introduce yourself on the forum ? Please post a few messages on the forum, and your private message system will be fully activated. Thank you !"......

I have already introduced myself on the forum and sent a few messages to people.

Hi , welcome to expat-blog :)
please click on the Forum and then click on expat cafe open discussion and try to comment on few posts , hope that will help :)

Thanks Ali :)

milinski wrote:

I'm new to this forum and having trouble replying back to my private messages.  Any newbies to this site having the same issue? I keep getting the below  error msg:

" Your message hasn't been sent. In order to prevent issues, the private message system is not fully activated for new users. Did you introduce yourself on the forum ? Please post a few messages on the forum, and your private message system will be fully activated. Thank you !"......

I have already introduced myself on the forum and sent a few messages to people.

You first have to post a certain number of times before your PM system is activated. You need to open new posts, answer others and offer advice or information.
This applies to all new members and is done to stop spammers from joining and then loading up the PM system with spam emails.
The more times you post the bigger your inbox capacity becomes.  :top:

Hello Stumpy,

When we are going to celebrate your 4000th post..............

Regards,
Anil

aryavrat wrote:

Hello Stumpy,

When we are going to celebrate your 4000th post..............

Regards,
Anil

To be honest I had not noticed how many posts I have done. I just keep posting. Have lots of time to go online these days but in a week or two I will probably be out on assignment so if that happens the number of posts will slow down as the internet on the remote site is very limited and used for work only.

I'm just posting to see how many posts I have.
I've never looked, so I wondered if there were enough to open the PM system to my good self.

@Fred
I will put your name forward to the relevant authorities and recommend that you PM system be opened.  :thanks:

Same here, you have to get your social skills into action ;)
Good luck

How many posts have I made?

What, posts?!? You mean, something like post offices?? I haven't made any ...

no, not post offices ... maybe posts as in pillars and posts  :unsure:gloria

i also have the same trouble

jim safari tours wrote:

Post some more and be active on the Forums.

Only then will the private messaging facility open up for you.

jim safari tours wrote:

Oh, I am not alone in failing to understand how making pillars helps in getting messages across!

Farhaz wrote:

beppi wrote:
jim safari tours wrote:

Oh, I am not alone in failing to understand how making pillars helps in getting messages across!

:lol:

aryavrat wrote:
Farhaz wrote:

Wrong!  :P

PS: I believe all my posts in this thread are off-topic. Apologies!  :gloria

Farhaz wrote:
aryavrat wrote:
Farhaz wrote:

Wrong!  :P

PS: I believe all my posts in this thread are off-topic. Apologies!  :gloria

Yes now its 1383

I have a friend who makes posts for a living. Both concrete and timber.  :lol:

i cant send private msgs to my contacts, i donno why :(

SPro wrote:

Gosh, I'm shocked, amazed and quite surprised.

:lol::lol::lol:

This can be only possible to reply............good one fred..........

SPro wrote:

To use the PM system you have to contribute posts on the forum. These posts should be informative and offer advice.
You have to post a certain number of times in order to activate the system. This is to stop spammers from joining them immediately sending spam mail on the system

The more times you post, the bigger your inbox becomes, but one line posts or just smilies do not count.

SPro wrote:

Well if your problem hasn't already been resolved, any you're still not able to send out messages that raises one question.....

When your mailboxes got activated did you immediately start sending out copy & paste messages to advertise rentals to other members????

If you send out copy & paste messages (SPAM) then your mailboxes get locked out by the automated anti-spam system.

Always getting issues with message replies. Hope this post will help

I am not spammer

RAJESHJI wrote:

I am not spammer

I don't think anyone accused you of that but, before the anti spam system was put in place, inboxes were filled with total crap, commonly offering "great opportunities" of some sort, or sex.
Whilst I have to admit I miss the sex ones, the forum rules work, so I must support them.
As your post count grows, the system will open up to you.

RAJESHJI wrote:

I am not spammer

We as members don't know that, since you're new here. Unfortunately spammers don't come with SPAMMER written on their foreheads.

We who've been here on EB for any length of time, and make substantial contributions to various forums and offer information, advice and assistance to many other members deserve to be protected against spam in every possible way, wouldn't you agree?

Well, you're included in that protection too, so if you're not a spammer that's wonderful, you can rest assured that you'll be protected from those who are. The fact that new members must post substantial and meaningful topics and replies to the forums is a very small price to pay for the security that it offers to all of us.

Share your expat experience and get in touch with other members

OR