How to make friends in Bulgaria

Hi Ron

Quite a coincidence as I bought my house near Haskovo in June last year around the same time you came to Veliko.
I would like to meet with you im sure we could find plenty of common ground as I am Scottish born and bred and would welcome new friends in Bulgaria. I am flying to Plovdiv on the 21st and will have a hire car for the week hopefully youre around that week?

David

David
Happy to meet up just drop me a line nearer the time and we can arrange it

Ron

Hello

I am a non resident house owner in Bulgaria, I do return there regularly and just spent a week last month working on the house and grounds. My property is near Haskovo which is quite a distance from Varna however I do drive and never having seen the Black Sea coast yet I thought id say hello.

David

Haberfie,
If you are into pubs, most of the UK expats in Varna seem to have adopted Sundogs pub as their main watering hole, or at least that has been the case for the last few years..
Many of them are part-time expats (3-6 months a year, in the warmer months).
They do a very good fortnightly pub quiz there, on sundays in the summer btw.

Hello David,

I am from Haskovo although I do not live there any more, but still I visit the town every one or two months. You have chosen a nice area though it gets very hot in the summer and some times very cold in winters. We can have a beer sometimes if I happen to be there when you arrive.

Kristiann

Hello Kristiann

Sorry for the delay in replying to your mail, when are you next in Haskovo? I plan to return in April for at least a week to continue the work on my property and to enjoy the warmer weather as it was snowing when I left in January.

David

Did you consider to sign up to on-line language courses like livemocha or another one ? I did learn a lot of Bulgarian on that site and you'll also meet Bulgarians wanting to learn English so it makes the thing very easy..

Hello David,

I'll be in Haskovo between 15 and 22 of April. The weather should be very nice at that time, but as you have already noticed, in winter temperatures drop to about - 20 Deg. C. at times and in summer (July - September)  + 40 is not rare. Spring and autumn are the best  seasons, in May it often rains in the afternoons.
It is a good idea to sequre your property against gipsies if there are such in the near houses.

Hello
I will be moving to bulgaria soon. I would like to make freinds in Bulgaria.
Please email me [email protected]

Hi, anyone in or near to Burgas? I have met some people who speak quite good English, but I am still having difficulty finding out everything I need.....is it me?

What village/town or city you are moving to?

I still have not decided on which village or town to live in, but I properly just land and start search for property

Hi! May be we have something in common :) I am Bulgarian that wants to communicate in English. Or, if you prefer we can switch languages. If you live in Bulgaria it is good idea of learning Bulgarian, so you can communicate with Bulgarians too.

Hi we are a mature couple living in hadjiiti a village close to karnobat. We do not want to hang out in Irish pubs but would love contact with local Brits to meet up for a coffee and share experiences in Bulgaria. Look forward to hearing from someone.

Hi
i just got here and it is very lonely ,can you recommend places to meet new  chat hang out  ?

HI Guys
i need your help ,im just arrive to the sofia
can you recommend good places to meet new people chat hang out ,,,,
loneliness is the worst thing here