Internet providers in Malawi

Hi All,

I'm going to be working from next week from Blantyre and I will be connecting via VPN to Europe. As our servers are hosted in America i need to go through Europe to America and therefore i need a decent speed internet (10MB+).

I've contacted a number of the ISPs however their prices are crazy for an individual. Does anyone have any advise as to where i may be able to rent an office space or find a place to connect on an ongoing basis with a good connection?

My IT guy at work has told me i would probably need 10MBs + as otherwise there would be a lag in the connection.

Any advice would be much appreciated,

Thanks
Michael

Try the Beehive Centre for Social Enterprise in Chilomoni. There's an amazing IT Academy. Bill Washington's there on [email protected] or Peter Nkata's the MD on +265 999 964 000. If you have no luck, spend your time drinking coffee at CHez Mackie (free internet) or Ryalls Hotel (expensive internet).

Bandwidth is expensive in Malawi.

Good Luck

Vince Owen

Hie,
there is this man, Teri squiera, British Malawian has that service called syncit and I sure he's the right man that can help you. His office is well protected and by the swimming pool for refreshment.
he is a good guy you need to meet him.
thanks
Eddie.