Mid- week hook up!

Hmmmmm............. well that's a bummer but thanks for the info anyway!

I've just arrived in Cambodia! From Ireland. Perhaps we should organise a meet up for a few of us this week? I'm still new to the city but love it!

Anyone interested in meeting the next 2 weeks (29 August to 7 Sept)?

How about Wed ?

I would be interested.

hi
i am new to bangkok too.. lets meet in the evening anyday..
vikash.amitian [@] gmail dot com

Hey all, just moved here about two weeks ago, love to do a meetup sometime. Be nice to not be "that guy" at a bar, ya know?  Cheers, Mervin.

How about your life in Phnom Penh now?

Hey anyone around who wants to meet for drinks on Saturday Nov 2nd. I do not know a lot of places to do that so if you are interested send along the name of a spot too. take care.

Hi Nuala,

I'm a soon-to-be expat and will be living in P.P.  I'm reading this in Phoenix, AZ and wishing I were there to join your group. 
Sounds like a great opportunity to meet other expats.
How long have you been doing this group?
I'd love to have a group like this to look forward to when I arrive.

Regards,

Matthew

siobhanh wrote:

I've just arrived in Cambodia! From Ireland. Perhaps we should organise a meet up for a few of us this week? I'm still new to the city but love it!

Siobhanh, since you're from Ireland this may be of some interest to you...

The next Irish Community event will be held at Quealy's Bar on Saturday 30th November and will be an all-day event from 2 pm til late, street 172.

Angkor and Bruntys Cider are the official sponsors of the event - 1 free draught beer and 1 free cider will be provided.

We will also be serving up delicious homemade Irish stew in the afternoon and a gourmet pork and beef sossie hot dog BBQ around 7 pm. There will also be live music from 10 pm onward, playing traditional Irish music. Everyone welcome!

The Irish Community in Phnom Penh has been set-up to bring together Irish folks from all 32 counties of Ireland who are living in Phnom Penh. Each month we have an event at various bars in the city, everyone is welcome, please get in touch for more details or find us on Facebook
facebook[dot.]com/irishcommunityphnompenh.

Hey Nuala,

I missed the mid-week hookup but am keen for the next.

Is this a weekly / monthly thing?

Great idea btw!

Thanx*
Megan

hi,

I'm a 25-year-old from Taiwan, lived in UK for the last 6 years, new in PP.
and I Need some friends!!!!

Min

Hi

Maybe the Phnom Penh Community College is a good way...

https://www.facebook.com/PhnomPenhCommunityCollege

Bob

This looks good, thank you:)

Hi Min,

My name is Matt, I am moving to Phnom Penh in March from the United States.  I am interested in finding groups to meet with when I get there as well.  If you have any luck finding groups to meet up, I'd love to hear about them.  Hope you are enjoying Cambodia so far.  I am excited to get there.

Thanks,

Matt

Hi Matt! I was just about to post a very similar message. I am moving to Phnom Penh on 8-February from the United States! I hope these events are still going on. It sounds like a great way to meet interesting people!

Michelle

Hi Michelle,
That's great, thanks for saying hello!  Where in the United States are you?  I I've been living in Phoenix, AZ for the last 9 years, although I'm originally from Maryland.  I'll be arriving in Phnom Penh on March 18th.  You've got about a week left, you must be excited.  If you find any meet up groups, or just have any other interesting information to pass along I'd greatly appreciate it.  So, I'm curious, what made you decide to move to Cambodia?

Matt

I'll definitely let you know if I find out anything! I'll actually be in India when you arrive in PP but I can always message you if I learn anything.

I work for a company called Haimark Travel. We operate river cruises on the Mekong, Irrawaddy, and Ganges Rivers. I'm moving there to be our Asia product manager. I've been traveling there a lot since December 2011, but it's become necessary for us to have a Western manager there, so it's me!

What is prompting your move?

Hello Nuala,
I would love to meet and enjoy the Expat's Group. I will be returning soon as I am recouping from a medical issue. so, just a distant Hello for now!

DavidseattleY1

Hi Michelle,
Sorry I didn't respond sooner, I didn't get the usual message notification?  I'm glad I decided to check.

Your job sounds great.  Congratulations on your new position!

I am moving to Cambodia for an adventure.  I nearly moved to Tanzania last year, and although it didn't work out when I got back to the states I made up my mind to move somewhere overseas.  I decided on Cambodia about 6 months ago.  I've always been fascinated by southeast Asia, and since Cambodia has the world's least restrictive visa requirements it was an easy choice. 

Yes, lets stay in touch.  I'd love to get to know as many people as I can when I get there.  So, you're down to two days aren't you?  I'm jealous..... my flight is on March 17th. 

Best luck and keep in touch.

Regards,

Matt

Hi Megan,

I saw your post about getting together with a meet-up group.  I'm interested in that as well.  I'm moving to Cambodia on March 17th, from the US.  If you have any luck finding a group and meeting some people please let me know. 

How do you like Cambodia so far?  I can't wait to get over there.

Matt

Reading through the thread and wondering if this is still going on....seems like a great idea to meet up with new people.........MatthewC----I noticed you said you're from AZ?  I am from the Prescott area and just moved to PP on FEB 15th.........think if nothing is organized I might just post a meet up and see who shows up

Hi Mike, thanks for the post. 
Yes, I've been in Phoenix for the last 8 years.  I'll be arriving in Phnom Penh on March 19th, flying out of Phoenix on the 17th. 
I have had only a few responses from the meet-up posts, so I was going to try to get one started when I get there too. 
So, what made you decide to move to Cambodia?  Have you just been there for one day?  I'd be very interested to know what you think so far.  I've got about 4 weeks exactly, I can't wait to get over there.  I feel like I've done what I need to do here, and that I'm just kind of wasting time now.
Keep in touch.  If you find others interested in a meet-up please post them here so when I get there I can catch up with you.  If not, we can try to start one.  It seems like there are a lot of people moving there.

Talk to you soon.

Matt

Hey guys,
Welcome to PP, I have just been here only a week now.
I think we should have a 2014 Meeting calendar, once a month in some cool bar, might be a good idea to get to know new people?
how does that sound?

GREAT idea! I just got here in early February, but have been traveling for business around Cambodia and Myanmar and haven't had a chance to meet many people outside my office!

Hey,
That sounds like a great idea, count me in.  I'll be arriving in PP on Wednesday, 19th.  I would love to meet up.
I'll send another message a few days before I leave, and if you guys are around we should plan to get together.

Regards,

Matt

I am in......Sounds like a good idea.  I have been in Cambodia for a month (PP for about 2 weeks) and would love to get out and meet some people.

This is Great, I will organize something for after the 19th to make sure that Matt is here too.
will create a new Thread, and update you, thinking of 21 or 22 of March.
Looking forward x

Hey, thank you for that, I appreciate it.  Any time from the 20th on would be great.  The new thread is a great idea as well.

Looking forward to getting there and meeting you.

Regards,

Matt

fnassar wrote:

This is Great, I will organize something for after the 19th to make sure that Matt is here too.
will create a new Thread, and update you, thinking of 21 or 22 of March.
Looking forward x

I will be in India, but hopefully, we can make it a regular thing and I can catch up with everyone after 2-April. Look forward to meeting everyone!

I am in too for any event!
Not living in the city center, but anything plan in advance i will be able to meet :)
keep me posted,
cheers
lily

Hi Lily, that sounds great, thanks.

I will let you know when we have decided on a date.

Regards,

Matt

Hey All
I have created the 2014 meet up it's under Networking.
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 22#1771158
I think Friday the 21 after 6 Pm.
Bring your friends and partners :D
Michelle : we will do another one for you after the second of April, maybe you can then decide on a date, as I am away in April until the 20th .
Regards x

Hey All
Another meeting will be held in April the 25th.
Will be doing a boat cruise.
More info on the 2014 meet up forum.
See you soon x

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 22#1813917

Hey everyone,

I am arriving in PP around 10th September and really hoping I can be part of a meet up to get to meet current expats. I am quite sure of moving to PP and it'll be a great platform to meet some new friends.

If any of you all are up for a meet-up, please let me know, thank you :).

I just recently moved here from Ireland and would love to meet up with some other expats, if these meet-ups are still happening?!

Me too Min! Are you still bored and lonely?

Hey Jeanie,

Welcome to Phnom Penh. This group hasn't been active for a long time. However if you're looking to meet people I'd be happy to meet you for a drink tomorrow evening.

cheers

Bec

Hey Bec,

Thanks for the warm welcome! It would be great to meet up tomorrow evening. Where/when would suit you?

Thanks
Jean