UK certificate attestation

Halo all , Recently I got a job offer from Saudi Arabia and the employer wants me to Attest my UK  MSc certificate. i did my bachelors from India,and Masters from UK, london , i can attest easily my indian certificate but agents say its highly impossible to attest UK certificate, so in bit of dilemea, kindly let me know the procedure if it is done. do i need to travel to UK to get my certificate attested. please advice.appreciate for any info.txxx

Hi,

have a look at this old thread

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 31#1932929

Good Luck

Hi, i think now attestation from SACB, UK can be done online. My husband did it recently. Try this link for more info 195.171.123.86/frmFAQ.aspx. Hope it helps

Shras,

What you are facing is not an exception, there is a system of UK degree attestation your agent is not aware of, I suggest you do the procedure your self. You need to do the following:

a) Please log on to the UK High Commission site India, there is a sub site of British Council  section Attestation and Verification. You need to pay the fees at a subscribed bank and email a scanned copy of your certificate, ID passport.

b) If your degree is in Engineering or related to UKEC ( UK Engineering Council), you can access the IMech Engg UK. or IElec Engg UK. pay the Pound 35 or 65 using your credit card. You should apply for Associate or Chartered Membership of the institute.

c) Log into the site of your ex-University in the UK, all the Universities have a system of 'Attestation and Verification', some charge pound 10 to 20 for this letter.

I suggest you give a UK address of a friend or a relative where these papers will be posted, these will then be sent to India by DHL by your friend.

Thanks a lot all really appreciate this blog and expats 😀😀😀

You need to know that your degrees will means nothing in Saudi if they were not attested by BOTH The Saudi Embassy and the Saudi Cultural Bureau in UK .So it's not only about getting them attested by your UK Uni. And the British consulate

You are correct Ahmadaq, but the prerequisite of a certificate submission at Saudi Embassy and Saudi Culture Bureau is the procedure in the UK explained above.