Bahraini Citizenship - Process ?

Good evening dear fellas  :)

Wanted to ask , how can one apply for the Bahraini Citizenship ?

Bahrain is the only country in GCC which eases rules for citizenship and there has been lot's of news about expats getting it easily in Bahrain :)

Due to the less Sunni population , they're trying to balance things as Shia are large in number !

How I know this , because I have friends , their families moved to Bahrain and got the nationality easily  :|

Can someone explain the process ?
How does it go to apply for the citizenship ?

And I see Bahrain giving Permanent Residency too !

And how is permanent residency in Bahrain ? For how long are the PR cards valid ? 5 years ?

Thanks !

P.S : I'm a Pakistani , but born , and lived all my life in Saudi Arabia !

The official process is ass follows:

Nationals of Arab countries should have lived in Bahrain for at least 15 years.
Nationals of non-Arab countries should have lived in Bahrain for at least 25 years.

Official application in writing has to be made to HM The King or to HRH The Prime Minister.

You must be able to read, write and speak Arabic.
No criminal record.
Good character, and all the nice things that go with that.

Good luck.

That's the official process. If someone knows a shortcut, I will be interested to find out. Hey, I may even want to apply :)

Thanks Farhaz :)

I'll surely let you know about any short cut , gonna ask my friends and gather some info !

Almost half of my friends' families who were in Saudi , Immigrated to Bahrain  :unsure  , got the citizenship pretty easily , but I never asked them till now !

How about permanent residency ?

It it any good ??

How long are PR cards valid ?

Residency is in the form of 2 year renewable visas. There are 3 routes available for this; as a home owner, investor or retiree.

Hi All,

Any update on the shortcuts?

Farhaz posted this 5 years ago.  This is an old thread.

If you have specific questions, you can ask.

And no, there are NO short cuts for normal individuals.   They were referring to a time when the Government was relaxed on citizenship and was granting it BUT it was still after you had completed all the requirements.  Since that time i.e. 2006-7 I believe, there are thousands of people who have completed the requirements and are waiting.  It is pretty much closed for now.   They have even added a property requirement on top of the other requirements, roughly a month ago i.e. you cannot even apply for it unless you have property in your name in Bahrain.

The only way to get it now relatively quickly after applying is if you have completed all the requirements and have very high level of connections i.e. at royalty level.   Otherwise forget about it.

thanks.

@XTang

Hello X,

About the property requirement:

1- can it be any type: commercial, residential, land, etc? Or must it be residential only?

2- is there a minimum value for the property? The law doesn't specify a minimum value.

Thanks.

Read this please https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=865436

@logicalindian

Doesn't answer my questions.

There is no specification or minimum value.  What you have to understand is the concept behind this requirement.  If you own a property and get citizenship, you are not eligible for any housing assistance.  As for a citizen to get housing assistance, the requirement is that they should not have any property nor should have bought or sold any property.

bought or sold any property.

How about the type?

As I said, there is no specification defined.  However, from concept standpoint, I would recommend only residential.  Once you apply with this property under your name, you can always sell it.........assuming you get citizenship.

Assuming 1f602.svg1f602.svg1f602.svg

Thanks & take care.

Yes that is a big assumption 😂