Planning to move to Zamboanga, Philippines to make good businesses

hello :), i want to move to philippines and marry a girl there , so i must make good businesses to keep living there.
so any suggestions for good businesses ?
thanks in advance :)

that depends how much you have to invest   ,advice is live somewhere else.

well i think that i have enough money to start but you can tell me please how much do i need to make businesses that can makes me having a good life there ?, and about the city i know a girl living there we gonna marry .. is it not good city for businesses and what is the best cities there .. thanks :)

again it depend how much u say is enough    and the business  ,its not that it may not be a good city   -try google zamboanga  -then you will have more idea.

sir i have about 30000 USD any advice please ?

Dear Sir,

What kind of business are you thinking , So we can discuss more about it

Regds
Sajan

mohamedmohsen wrote:

sir i have about 30000 USD any advice please ?

hi -have sent you message

It can get you scammed of $30.000 U.S.   You can not work here. You can not own over 45% of a business.  So you will invest and loose all here.

This is complex questions. rather to think and done a lot of reserach first of all.

FACT : you have to understand well first what do you really want and what are your interest and what is your expertise.
be a smart investing something , anywhere in the world there is scammed .

When you put up a business in Philippines a lot of procedure , process.

I am trying to say you have to develop a system first and all about calculation in any business.

Hope this help this is only my opinion.

james -not completely true -how come there are many foreigners working in manila and other places  ?if he has filipina wife then they can have business together.

a $30,000 USD is just equivalent to ₱1,311,300 (1 Million Three hundred Eleven Thousand Philippine Peso)

Its a bit quite small amount but could be enough to start a little business.

A small grocery store to earn a living could be enough...  I could not suggest anything than that....

Doing a lending business like most Indian is Doing there is not good because its illegal and prone to Thieves and robbery hold-up. Such business is not protected by the Philippines government because it is illegal..

First is marry a local then do a business with her

PM me for more guide....

James Mitchel wrote:

It can get you scammed of $30.000 U.S.   You can not work here. You can not own over 45% of a business.  So you will invest and loose all here.

James if you will own a property being an expat is limited... marrying locals could be the best solution....  His capital is just too small to start a business but for a small grocery store, it would be enough

Do simple finance. Start with $30k in capital.  What is a good return on investment with acceptable amount of risk?  Probably 20% in the Philippines, which is actually at high end of risk. So will $6k per year be enough to sustain a family?  NO.

Not even going into what type of business, but simply from an investors point of view.  If you think operating a grocery store / internet cafe, etc generates more than a 20% return, then everyone and their cousin would be coming here. Even real estate is no guarantee.  Look at returns in the prop market, maybe 10-12%. 

Unless you can come up with a lot more capital (min $100k), wouldnt even think of coming here to live.

Everyone who looks at your number of $30k (p1.2 million) googly eyed and starts drooling thinking how can I scam this sucker. Someone taking your $30k is a great return on their 0% investment.

dhnindc wrote:

Do simple finance. Start with $30k in capital.  What is a good return on investment with acceptable amount of risk?  Probably 20% in the Philippines, which is actually at high end of risk. So will $6k per year be enough to sustain a family?  NO.

Not even going into what type of business, but simply from an investors point of view.  If you think operating a grocery store / internet cafe, etc generates more than a 20% return, then everyone and their cousin would be coming here. Even real estate is no guarantee.  Look at returns in the prop market, maybe 10-12%. 

Unless you can come up with a lot more capital (min $100k), wouldnt even think of coming here to live.

Everyone who looks at your number of $30k (p1.2 million) googly eyed and starts drooling thinking how can I scam this sucker. Someone taking your $30k is a great return on their 0% investment.

Its up to the person if he is a risk taker or risk averse....

Talking about Zamboanga ... its quite bigger....

The risk in every place could be calculated based on the peace and order situation and other matters....

in Zamboanga Peninsula, there are 4 cities there....  (Western Mindanao)

* Zamboanga City
* Dipolog City
* Pagadian City
* Dapitan City

With Major component Municipalities (Soon to be Cities)

* Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugyey
* Sindangan, Zamboanga del norte

RISK MATTERS

* Zamboanga City - is composed of almost 1 Million Population. This place is good to do business but a bit risky considering the peace and order situation. This place is a peaceful place but there are occasional history of terrorism attacks.

* Dipolog City - a very peaceful City in the the Island Mindanao... No issues about peace and order situation but a bit sleeping city... population is around 300 Thousand, not so risky but not so productive City

* Pagadian City and Dapitan City as well are both peaceful cities.... with lower population and lower productivity

AS A WHOLE:

MINDANAO island is not a dangerous Place.... and is good for doing business except for Muslim dominated area (Maguindanao, Sulu and Lanao Del Sur or a 15% portion from the total Mindanao Area)

Davao City is a City in Mindanao and ranked 4th as the safest place to live according to International Organization conducting research and survey read here     

http://betterphils.blogspot.com/2013/08 … afest.html

Thinking of other places to do Business in the Philippines (MINDANAO) aside from Zamboanga you could count the following places as safe to live and safe to do business

* Davao City and davao Region
* Cagayan de oro and Misamis provinces
* Butuan and Surigao Areas
* Zamboanga del norte and Zamboanga del Sur provinces

I am not talking about risk from terrorism, kidnapping, floods, fires, etc, which there is plenty to go around. But just business risk, risk of failure due to poor planning and follow through. If this person has no experience in running a business, then there is 0% chance of being successful and hitting that return on capital.

Moving here because you found a girl is a terrible way in which to decide to develop a business.  I believe your from Egypt so will have no experience in the Philippines. And do not trust her family to run anything.

I see that but it will not return my message to you on Y hoo?

Hi there,

Start selling a product iike watches all over The Philippines
Interesting?
Let me know and I will advice you

Willem

Why not live there for awhile first and you will get a better idea. Don't rush into anything.
Best to be a silent partner when and if you do invest. If they know a forigner owns a business there you can be ripped off easily.
$30 is not a lot to start up something and try to make a living from.

Please do yourself a favor and forget the idea of investing significant money in the Philippines. My friend, you will stand a very good chance of losing it all.  Doing business in the Philippines is not a good idea.  The red-tape is horrendous and there are so many slick-willies looking to snatch your money, you won't know what hit you.  I have seen family members who swindle money from one another.  Poverty in the Philippines, as elsewhere in the world, makes people behave in a very ugly manner, though I must say that, in general, the pinoys are among the best people in Asia. As long as you avoid getting financially involved with them, you will keep to this opinion.   The best bet is to stay in your own country and work and save and come to retire in the Philippines, otherwise you most likely will live like a poverty stricken Caucasian among poverty stricken pinoys.  Middle class pinoys and those in higher income brackets will  look down on you.

The fact that you ask such questions shows that you really are not sharp enough to be a money-maker.  I am not intending to insult you. I just think you must be realistic with yourself to avoid hurting yourself.

You are asking a question that shows a level of "unawareness" or lack of proper research.  The points and topics that you need to learn about first are:

>Marriage laws in the PI

>Immigration to the PI

>Philippine laws on businesses owned/operated by foreigners

Unless and until you have a good working knowledge on these topics (specific to the Philippines), your future here will be rather limited and most likely end within the first 1-2 scams or sudden family demands.