Mental health nurse - jobs in Gibraltar

Good afternoon you lovely people,

Ok ok, I know you've probably had this a million times but I'm hitting brick walls with my research...

My wife and I are in our late thirties and feeling decidedly stagnant here in england...the weather sucks...the people ain't much friendlier...and we want to live in Estepona/gibraltar..in fact not want....need to live in estepona/Gibraltar and pronto...

We have enough savings to keep us going for a few months rent/bills wise etc and I'm lucky enough to get a forces pension which comes in roughly at £550 every four weeks...

Now what I want to ask is...are the chances of getting a job as a mental health nurse as bleak as it seems...I've emailed just about every mental health care provider on the island and had one reply asking me to submit my cv and they will let me know if a vacancy comes up...

Prior to becoming a nurse, I have extensive sales experience also which I'm more than happy to do again if the nursing was a non starter...

So I guess I'm looking for some advice either on the nursing aspect, the availability of jobs...or your thoughts on a "stuff it, let's just do it and see what happens" attitude...

We rent, don't have any children (yet) and can pretty much up sticks whenever we like...

Thanks in advance

Rich

Hi,

I cant give you advice on the role of mental health nurse. But as stuff it lets do it!! go for it, what have you to lose. Manchester/Liverpool were I live there is no comparison! But research I have done in the past and to date, it is so much easier if you are living there applying for jobs than here in the UK!! I am finally hoping to leave here in April next year, and live in Duquesa as its much cheaper than Gib, and hopefully travel to work in Gibraltar. I have a law degree and compliance knowledge so hopefully I should get some sort of work.

Also if you are on facebook, there is a company called Gibwork. Lots of people advertise there hourly with vacancies!

kindly

Paula