Temporary accommodation

Hi

We are due to  make our big move over next month but it now looks like we have to find villa once in Bahrain as we just lost out on a villa we found on my husbands last visit, what are our options regarding temporary accommodation ( hopefully a few weeks )  ?  my husband will need to be near the causeway to commute.

Thanks in advance

Your best option for temporary accommodation here is serviced apartments which are mostly in the Seef area.  Places like Fraser Suites etc.  It's a bit further from the causeway than Saar etc but if it's only temporary I am sure your husband can cope :)

Once you find a villa you should pretty much be able to move in a couple of weeks.  You do have to pay your rent upfront or they will not reserve it for you.

Villas for short term temporary accommodation would be too much of a hassle.  I looked for the same and didn't manage to find any good options.

I am currently staying in Juffair in a semi serviced furnished apartment in Fontana towers.  It is expensive but amazing amenities - pool, gym, sauna, jacuzzi, steam room, billiard room, kids play area, squash court, tennis court and a cinema!!

For the causeway commute afterwards; suggest Saar or Hamala.

The Elite Grand has some lovely serviced apartments and they negotiate on the rates too. I got a 3 bed one for BD1000 a month for a family.

You may be able to rent in Saar on a monthly basis in some of the fully furnished apartments as the landlords aren't renting them out as quickly as they would like. It's just a matter of driving up and asking their watchman for the landlords number. Avenue 1 has lots empty and they are nice (and cheap)

[Moderated: No free ad]

We just rented in Juffair at the One Pavillion right on "American Alley".  A 2 bedroom serviced apartment with lovely staff and amenities.  We love it.  Pay by the month, no hassles.. can rent as few as a night, a week or whatever you need.  Everything you really need is in a few blocks walking distance.
Best of luck!

Thanks for all for the advice , it looks like I have plenty of options if my husband doesn't find a villa on his next visit.

Fontana Tower where XTang currently lives is indeed a super duper option for temporary stay. The facilities are very good. And eventhough its in Juffair, the drive to the Causeway is just about 10 minutes because its highway all the way once you pass the traffic lights at Jufffair Avenue junction.