Work visa

Looking to move overseas from the states. Worried about the visa situation and how it would work if I don't have a work visa. How do I get to visit the states and still live overseas without getting in trouble?

Hi cleshinski,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Please note that i created a new topic with your post on the Spain forum, maybe it will help you to receive more responses from the members.

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

I also would be curious on any responses to this question. My Husband and I have been looking into re-locating to Spain without a work visa and would like some current information on obtaining more information; other visa types, basic requirements etc.(?)

I suggest you go to the Spanish embassy and ask.
Ros

Yup. rosbentley's right. Ask at your local embassy or consulate for the different visas available - but there aren't many for people wanting to pick-up-and-move just-because. One visa - which isn't really a visa at all, allows US foreigners to spend up to 3-months on a tourist visa. This can be renewed once for an additional 3-months. Another visa is a work visa, offered to you from verifiable employer in Spain. (<- this one is the least likely, unless you can find a wealthy family looking to hire a native English speaker as a Nanny/Au Pair) Another visa does not allow you to work, but reside in Spain because you have something like 150,000 Euros deposited in a Spanish bank. And finally, you could fall-in-love with a Spaniard (male, female, or same-sex), marry them, and move to Spain as a full-blown resident, with rights to free healthcare and ability to work - if you can find it. This last one is the easiest, fastest, and cheapest of all options, I believe.

Saludos, MadridMan

Thank you for  messge. But if am I   inglish with Bristish passport. Can I leave and work in spain.?

I agree with the last statement.. I will have to try my luck as I to want to move to Spain :)

Since Britain is an eu member, you can live and work in spain with your british passport.