Hi how to change my surename to my husband surename

i am arrive in norway for fiancee visa .i am marriege last jan but i am not change my surename of my husband what shall i do but now i am starting working my papers to change my surename to mu husband so that i will get a visa from philippines

carla40 wrote:

i am arrive in norway for fiancee visa .i am marriege last jan but i am not change my surename of my husband what shall i do but now i am starting working my papers to change my surename to mu husband so that i will get a visa from philippines

Hi Carla, did you manage to change your names to your husband's surname?
If you did, please let us know how you did it so we can do the same too...Thanks

Hi carla I dont know if you have changed your surname already but if in case not yet here are the information that I have gathered and hoping it will help:

Step 1: if you got married in Norway you should register the marriage in the Philippines through our Philippine embassy in Oslo. Which you will find the instructions here: Report of Marriage -Phil Embassy

Step 2: Is to file for the changing of your name in your passport which is your legal id anywhere in the world. You'll get your forms and intructions here : Passport- Last name amendment

As they have stated in the application form you can clarify this info that I have given

For women married outside the Philippines who want to change/amend the surname in their passport to that of their spouse, submit a copy of the Report of Marriage previously filed at a Philippine Embassy or Consulate. If a Report of Marriage has not yet been previously filed, one may be filed at the same time as the application for passport renewal. Please check the website for the list of requirements and fees for the Report of Marriage.

Step 3: And lastly if you want to change your last name in your residence card i believe you will have to order a new one and provide the new surname or wait for the expiration and just change it when you renew, you just have to follow the instructions here: Order New Residence Card

I hope this helps :)