Need room for the rent

Hello every
I am moving to new Zealand but don't know how should I manage the accommodation as I don't know anyone in the country. I have gone trough few websites but viewing is important so I can't manage it from the overseas and i can't afford the hotels bills.
help needed
Thanks

If you are alone, mature, and savvy, a common method is to stay at a backpackers that is centrally located whilst looking for a rental. Unfortunately, they can be somewhat expensive for what you get, but still less costly than a regular hotel. Just keep your wits about you if sharing accommodation and don't bring expensive toys (expensive cameras, high-end laptops, etc) that can be stolen. Generally, New Zealand is safer than most other places, but new immigrants are easy marks in any country.

It will be a challenge to convince a property manager or private owner to rent to you at first until you have a stable job and income. As long as you are calm, professional, well-dressed and have proof of sufficient income (or savings), you will have a chance. Getting around will be a challenge. Even in Wellington, which has a decent light-rail system, it is difficult to search for housing without a car. So, you should factor in $30-50/day for a cheap rental car plus insurance (if you want to be safe, although most people drive without it) to get around.

Hello MinuMaster

Welcome to Expat.com

I suggest you to place an advert in our section Housing in Wellington to increase your chances to find a rental.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Hi where are you from and what area of new Zealand are you coming to? I maybe able to steer you in some direction here in new Zealand.

My email is [email protected], I am of Maori descent in New Zealand . Explain your situation and have you got a visa? are you here on holiday or work / holiday visa My names Queenie

Best way for people who are not in the country at the moment is to use Facebook Groups
one of such Flatmate group is "fb.com/groups/127059894132800/"

this Group is for Auckland , Another way is to use sites like gumtree and Studentrooms etc.

Go for flatshare option and there is always an option to communicate in email. you can get a flat share in
somewhere from 130 to 200 per week including all bills which is way affordable than backpackers and obviously hotels..