Where can I get privacy film for windows?

Does anyone know where I could get some privacy film/protective foil for windows? We don't want curtains but still would like to have some privacy so no one can look through our windows. I couldn't find anything on IKEA or Brico website. thanks for your help!

Have you ever actually used privacy film or seen it on car windows? It is actually most useless when it is most needed - after dark when there are lights on inside. It might as well not even be there at all.

Just watch for a car with tinted window when someone turns on the interior lighting or lights a cigarette (yikes), you can see everything quite well.

You could be getting yourself into the modern day version of the Hans Christian Andersen fairy tale "The Emperor's New Clothes" and unintentionally putting on quite a show for your neighbors.

For me privacy at home would give a whole new meaning to the term "the Iron Curtain"  :lol:

Cheers,
William James Woodward, EB Experts Team

I have used privacy film when I lived in Switzerland and it was dead practical. Of course, in our bedroom curtains would be necessary as well but for the rest of the flat privacy film is fine. any ideas where I could get some?

Brico and most DIY shops sell the stuff.  Brico's website isn't great, don't expect B&Q-type webshops over here.

It's a nightmare to apply without air bubbles at all, and more appear after time, but as a simple solution it's OK - around 12-20 euro per 2m length I think, ~1m wide?

There are more expensive and tailored options, but you probably need to spend a lot more and get the professionals in, as per office installations and the bespoke stuff sold by interior design shops/architects.

At ikea. Look at the bathroom department.