Age restrictions and salaries

Hi,just wanted to know if i could get into NZ easily,il be 54 in October,im a qualified Mechanical Fitter and Turner and have 30 years experience in my trade.Which areas are child friendly with good schools and alot of foreigners mainly Zimbabweans?

Thank you

Davy k

DavyK wrote:

Hi,just wanted to know if i could get into NZ easily,il be 54 in October,im a qualified Mechanical Fitter and Turner and have 30 years experience in my trade.Which areas are child friendly with good schools and alot of foreigners mainly Zimbabweans?

Thank you

Davy k

You need to see of you qualify for a visa first. www.immigration.govt.nz  If your job is on the skills list you have have a chance of getting a visa.
If you did get work in NZ you would have to pay school fees. 
For work check out www.seek.co.nz   
For cost of living www.numbeo.com

Thank you loads for the information,il check the web sites you sent.

God bless,
DavyK

Hi

The age cut-off for getting a work visa is 55.  From memory, Fitter & Turner is on the skills shortage list but you may have to write an entrance exam here, depending on where you are coming from.   My husband is in a similar industry.
Most areas are great for families but you will have to go where the work is and stay put until you can apply for Permanent Residency.  Once you have PR you will be able to move around.  Not sure about people from Zim (we are from South Africa and have been here 3 yrs).   Its a real mix of people in NZ.  I have met a few from Rhodesia days.
Good luck.
Carrie