FIANCEE VISA NORWAY

Hei everyone!!!
    good day,
         just wanna ask if there is someone here who applied for fiancee visa to norway last december 2013? And if you receive your visa already?
thanks in advance for the response:)

Hi chimmy,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I suggest you to go through the Information on visas in Norway section as you may find some useful information there.

I also advise you to have a look at the articles in the Visas in Norway section as well.

Thank you and have a nice day

Priscilla  :cheers:

there are some more people asking about wait times in this thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 80&p=3

based on the information I have from people renewing their visas within Norway, the processing time has gone up tremendously in the last few months. Even those who are doing routine renewals are waiting 9-10 months.

also, something to know about Norway: July is the month when many Norwegians are on vacation, so offices are probably severely understaffed if they're open at all. This most likely includes udi, so I wouldn't expect much to happen until August at this point!

Hi :-)

I did and still waiting for a response..

chimmy wrote:

Hei everyone!!!
    good day,
         just wanna ask if there is someone here who applied for fiancee visa to norway last december 2013? And if you receive your visa already?

Hi Chimmy :-)

Any response yet?

hi musta?? nka apply ka na ba ng fiance visa??

yanshei09 wrote:

hi musta?? nka apply ka na ba ng fiance visa??

Please post in ENGLISH please. This is an Anglophone forum.

Hi,
My boyfriend and i been together for 8 months and we met last july 2014.. he wants me to visit him in norway but i think its so hard.. I'm afraid to be denied because we met only once.. what should i do???.. what if we get married here in Philippines,isn't a good idea???

hi yanshei09... based on my researches before, i think it will depend how long u had been physically together.. "online together" doesnt count much coz they need to prove the authenticity of the relationship...

in my experience, when i applied for a friend visit visa (coz we have not met in person yet), i got denied.. so he came here in the philippines twice, with 2 weeks each visit.. so that was a total of 4 weeks that we had been together physically... when i applied for a bf visit to norway, i got approved after 2 business days.. the second time i applied for a visit visa, i got the result the next business day... visit visas are decided by the embassy and not the UDI so processing time is 5 days max... BUT THEY DONT CALL.. they inform u abt the result via email (at least here in the philippines).. so check ur mail regularly...

as for ur case, how long did he stay with u when he visited u?

and btw, even if u get married outside norway, u would still apply for a family reunification permit.. and its just basically the same with fiancee permit, except that with fiancée permit, u are proving ur free to marry and with family reunification, u need to prove ur married.

chimmy wrote:

Hei everyone!!!
    good day,

Hi chimmy, how's ur visa? did u get your fiancee visa already? if you dont mind me asking how long have you waited? and do you classify as a skilled worker?

The reason i am asking is i read somewhere that you can apply for an engagement permit while in Norway, as long as ur a skilled worker and ur on a legal stay. so maybe this also comes as a factor on the approval time? just an assumption tho..