Easy, fast and right process for tourist and spousal visa - Filipino

Hi Everyone,

I'm from Cebu City, Philippines and married to a Norwegian. The reason why I sign up on this site because it helps me a lot on my visa process ( Schengen visa (aka "tourist visa" and spousal visa ). Based on my experience I processed my both visas fast, easy and right way without help of any visa agencies. With God's divine grace and knowledge everything went successful without any single hassle in processing my visa. If there's any Filipinos who want an advice or help  on how i did my visa process right , fast and easy, you can drop me a message . I just want to share and help my co-Filipinos who married a Norwegian national. For all the blessings I have received especially in processing my visa, my heart is full of gratitude and willingness to help in return by sharing my  ideas, knowledge and experience.

For my tourist visa i got an approval for 3days only and for my spousal visa (aka " residence visa" ) i got an approval less than 3 weeks.

May God bless us all!!!

can you please help me to travel working or living in norway or any nice country ...? i can pay any expenses ,,, pls i wait your answer,,

I have a Japanese passport. I didn't need a Schengen visa. Is there an entry fee to get in Norway? thank you.

Hi,

Thank you for your question. As much as I would like to help but I'm not knowledgeable with your case. I'm only knowledgeable with Filipino visa going to Norway.

I would suggest visa your website  Japanese Norwegian Embassy .

Thanks

Japanese nationals have visa-free access to the Schengen states for 90 days in any 180 day period. This usually means that you won't have to pay any fees when traveling to Norway as a tourist. However, if you're heading to Norway for purposes of employment or residency, then thats an entirely different matter and visas are often required. Best to visit udi.no or your local Norwegian embassy for more information. :)

Hi,

Thank you for offering you help to people like me. I will be in Norway in November 2014 for a Visit VISA and my boyfriend really wants me to stay and wants us to get married.

Can you please advise me the fastest and correct way in getting married in Norway specially that I am only holding a Visit VISA.

Thank you again and God bless you.

Sunshine

hi sunshine.

this thread offers the same info ur looking for: getting married in norway thread

however, please note that getting married in Norway doesnt automatically grant a residence permit. you will still have to undergo the application process for a family reunification permit.

Thank you very much Pheebs, this information is really a big help. GOD BLESS

Hi! Just want to know if all our sponsor in norway is required for interview in the police district? Appreciate your comments..

I mean interview in police district for the fiancee permit..

Hi.. . I am filipina married to a norwegian. My husband last name is hafskjær but since no æ letter on philippines they make hafskjaer  on my marriage lisence so when my marriage certificate release it will also Hafskjaer. I already ask about it on manila embasy they understand that so its ok. However i am planning to change my passport now to use my married name so i can apply already a visa.. But i am worried what will be the result and it will be also fine that on my passport my last name will become hafskjaer ae separate.. I forgot to ask about it on embassy when i was there..is somebody had a experience like that or know someone who experience that..pls help. Thanks and god bless.

Hi

I am a Filipina and a Canadian Permanent Resident. I am currently engaged to my Norwegian boyfriend and I am planning to apply for a Fiance visa and get married hopefully towards the end of year 2015. However, Fiance visa takes 9 months to process and there is no assurance to get approved for a schengen visitor visa if I want to visit my boyfriend in Norway around springtime of 2015.

If you have some good advice for my situation, that would be fantastic! I and my boyfriend believes that 9months or so is too long.

Thanks!

Hi read your post im so thankful that i came in this Norway forum. I need someone help bcoz i don't know yet how to do all this. I have a friend there now he is a Norwegian man and he ask me to find out how to take a visa to Norway and how much can cost. Im here now in Singapore. God bless looking forward to your reply thank you. Anyone can whatsapp me this number +6583500275
My email    [email protected]

best regards
Fe sergio

Good day po. I just want to seek for advice. Plan po namin mag apply ng fiance visa, we even enrolled to the udi portal last month but im still waiting for his requirements to arrive. But lately, sabi ng bf ko what if mag apply nalang daw kamu ng tourist visa. My questions are: Ma refund pa kaya ang nabayad namin sa udi portal for our fiance visa application? since i read here madali ang processing ng tourist visa, do i need to submit bank statement of proof that i have sufficient cash in my account? kasi konti lang savings ko and cant sustain para sa tourist visa if ever needed. or enough na ba ang guarantee form ng bf ko? Please help me. ANy suggestions will be a great help. Salamat and happy new year to us all.

Miss Sunshine,

Good day. Can you help me on checklist of the visit requirements based on your experience? Need pa ba ako magshow ng bank statement? or ok na if meron guarantee form from bf?

Hi michelle based on my experience i didnt use my own savings or bank account when i apply tourist visa before.. Guarantee form is important.. But better you read the checklist and follow what written there.. :)

Thank you very much miss Jhona. How long from application mo ba nakuha ang result of approval ng visa mo?

Your welcome :) on tourist visa i Get result 3 days :)

Wow! Ang bilis naman miss jhona! If you dont mind,  sa natatandaan mo anong mga requirements ang sinumbit mo sa embassy? Though nakatingin ako sa checklist but curious lang malaman based sa na experience mo. And magkano nabayaran mo sa udi portal? Thanks!

hi
i have a friend in Norway, whom i know for 2 months now through online exchange of messages and talks
and he is inviting me to come over, would there be a chance to be granted with a visiting visa, even if there is no actual meet up?

hope anyone would share their thoughts and experience on this
thank you

In my opinion it is better if your friend visits you first, because as you can notice in the Philippines it's quite a process to get out of the country especially to countries that requires visas.

That is why meeting your friend in the Philippines first is more ideal so you have like a tangible bond that proves your friendship/relationship is genuine which will help you get an advantage with the application.

But i think if there are strong valid reasons that you can present to support your reason of not being able to meet there maybe you can put it in to writing maybe they will understand and make your visa easy to get.

I think this reasons could be :

If he is handicapped and not suited to fly, has a health condition that wouldnt be conducive for going out of the country, phobias supported by psychological documents, etc.

But like i always said it's not impossible to get your visa, it might just be a little difficult given your situation :)

I hope this helps, if not then i'm sorry ^_^

I believe it depends on every application, if they see that you have all the information and documents they need they wouldn't be calling in your sponsor for an interview.

also i've read in a post before that the age of the sponsor is also a factor for getting called into an interview at the politi, i'm just not sure if it was for 30 years old and below.

hi ,,gen plan  to  get  married this coming  december  in Philippines  with  my Norwegian  man,,  and  move  to  Norway..i need  your  expert  advice what  im  going  to do,, ? I want  to  move  to Norway hopefully  after  wedding,,in  December

hi,,its  me  gen  again,, just    want to  ask what  requirement do I need  for  applying spousal visa,, and  what  are  those  possible  interview all about,,  im still  here  working  in kuala  lumpur ,a bit  worry  coz  I don't  have  any  diploma ,or  degree ,,  I have  some  work  experience  some  skills cert,..  thanks

Hi gen every info you need would be on this page just read through :)

family immigration-Norway Embassy page

regarding your concern with diplomas and being a skilled worker i dont see that as a vital requirement since you are planning to get married in the Philippines.

What's important is that when you apply for your spouse/family reunification visa is that your husband will be able to meet the requirements of the UDI like a place to live, financial stability, employment, etc. you ca see this on the emabassy website and also in udi.

Most likely interview will be about your relationship they just want to see how genuine your relationship is and that you didn't marry for convenience so dont worry about that . Just make sure to submit that requirements they states in their page.

Ps. correction to my previous post interview is for 25 and below norwegian partner at politi. (sorry for the mistake in that)

thank you  so  much,

Hello!

How are you? I hope you are well. I have a very close norwegian guy friend who will invite me to Norway as a tourist.  This would be his gift for me for finally graduating in college after 48 years of studying while working. hehe. We are close friends since 2011.

How did you process you tourist visa? Can you tell me please what are the steps? He is now processing the papers and will go to their police station. Do i need a show money? I have some savings in my own bank account and I have a full time job. I live in Cebu can i process everything online? I see a norwegian consul office in my school here in Cebu? Do i need to visit physically in the consul office?

I would appreciate any advice from you or to anyone who had gone through this process.

Best Regards,

Windy

hi

the information for the tourist/schengen visa that you need will be found here:

Norway Embassy Philippines-Visit Visa/Schengen Visa/Tourist Visa

since you are visiting a friend your list of requirements will be found here:

Visting Family or Friends in Norway Requirements- Norway Embassy

If your friend will provide a guarantee form that is stamped in the politi your bank account/show money is not necessary. Also keep in mind if you are being sponsored/guaranteed by this friend the embassy might expect that you have met in person before.

Your steps to apply are as follows:
VFS- Visa Procedure to Norway
( which answers your question: No you cannot process everything online an apperance will be needed to hand in your application and to get your biometrics)

just read the website thoroughly and it will provide you every information you need. If in doubt make sure to call the contacg numbers they provided or email them questions as they will respond.

If all goes well like mine I got my tourist visa before in just 3 days. Best of luck in your application :)

Hello Steffy,

Thanks a lot for your help. I truly appreciate all the information and link that you provided.
Let's see if how it will goes. Yes, I actually met him maybe 4 or 5 times already since 2011.

He mentioned that he is still working on getting the stamp maybe he is referring about the politi.
By the way, with your appearance was that done in Manila? Are you from Philippines as well?

Regards,

Windy

Yes I am from the Philippines too. Im sure it will be easy for him to get the stamp from the politi just ask him to print the udi guarantors form in the links that i have sent you and he will fill that out and bring it to the politi together with his passport, documentation of income and maybe his house/apartment contract if you will stay in his house.

And after this gets stamped he will send it to you via regular post mail including his letter of invitation

(content is addressed to the embassy ex. to whom it may concern, i -name of sponsor- present this letter of invitation as a proof of invitinf my friend -your name- to vist me here in Norway. We met -place and year-, I have visited her in
-countries/dates- and we decided it will be nice to visit here. )

Yes i appeared at the embassy when it was not in vfs yet it is important to appear because they will take your biometrics in their computer (fingerprints). Call the consul office in your area if they have these biometrics service and if you need to go to Manila.

For me it's definitely in Manila because I am from bulacan so it is very close.

Thanks again Stephy. By the way, which medical insurance company should you recommend for me?

One of the requirements that i see is to have a minimum coverage of 30,000 kron medical insurance.

Also, I think i should renew my passport cause it will expire this September 2015 and my friend said he will book a ticket for june 18.

Steph, where in Norway you are living now?

The one that I bought was from bluecross ( bluecross ) they have the exact offer for schengen so feel free to visit their website i think last year when i got it i payed 7k pesos. And everything was done online.

I dont know much of other insurance company so i hope the others will share where they got theirs.

Yea it will be ideal to renew your passport to avoid future problema in case you will use the full 90 days stay in schengen because our passport is one of our worldwide identification card that is credited.

Im in sør trondelag, trondheim :)

Hello Steff,

Thanks for information. When you submit all the applications did you also book a round trip ticket? In the instruction form it says bring a round trip ticket (reserve and don't pay) but how it is possible to reserve when you really need to buy a ticket online and not reserve.

My friend will not buy a ticket not unless my visa will be approve cause it will be a lot of money wastes if my visa application will be denied. (Fingers crossed)

Regards,

Windyrain

yeah you dont have to pay yet the best options you are:

1. go to a known/trusted travel agency and ask for an itenirary/flight plan from an airline tell them it has to contain your target date/ particular airline/ destination of your country

2. or do what i did which is do it yourself you can do this in the KLM website book a flight and at the end select "pay in office" they will then give you 48 hours to pay if not the reservation will just disappear. so You can print this itenirary without needing to pay just let the 48 hrs pass and it will just be gone.

Just make sure to check the klm website thoroughly if this still works coz last i heard the airline wasnt that happy about people doing this so im not sure if they have changed this. Also check other airline websites if the klm doesnt work, im bust suggesting what i have experienced and this is what i did :)

Hello sis.. sa tourist sis sa malayan insurance ka kukuha mura lang nasa P4,800.00.. covered n yan lahat good for 90days... yun sa round trip ticket wag mo muna bilhin sis.. punta ka ng travel agency then request ka for itinerary round trip ticket for requirements lang magpriprint yan sila with certification pa babayran mo nlng kahit mgkano..wag k muna mgpabook sabihan mo yun taga travel agency n for requirements in getting tourist visa purposes lang...madali lng nmn ang tourist sa norway basta complete papers and ngmeet n kau.. pagapprove na kuha ka nlng din ng CFO it is not required for tourist visa but to be ready lang kasi meron immigration nghahanap eh and kukuha karin nmn nyan if apply ka ng fiance/spousal visa and walang hassle n next time if nkakuha kna kasi tatakan nlng ng sticker no need na seminar and interview .

hello sis, andito kasi na ako sa norway ngaun ba, au pair po ako ditto ngaun, ing boyfriend ko tags denmark siya, possible ba sis na makekuha muna nina ako as a fiancé visa, para my time lang name sa pg asikaso ng papel ba, salamat sis.

Hi everyone i will appreciate if someone could help me with an answer to my problem which is going on for about 3 years   , i'm a Romanian guy living and working in Norway for about 4 years with a permanent work contract ......probably like others on this site i have the same situation which is VISA not for me but for my girlfriend ....well the story starts like this , about 3 years ago i met a girl from Philippines i love her very much and we are together since then she is married in Philippines but she will be free from marriage this year in July we apply for annulment 2 years ago so we expect the annulment  to be over this July after a long process and a lot of money.....she was au pair here in Norway for 2 years which was perfectly legal in that time for an au pair to be married and work in Norway as an au pair, after that 2 years i manage to sign her up for 1 year in some school however not important it was just to extend the visa one more year cos' buy that time i thought the annulment will be finish so we can start the procedure for marriage so finally all this visa problems will be over and she can stay with me here in Norway, unfortunately the annulment was not over buy that time so she find a contract as an au pair in Denmark for 1 year, now because she was in the system as an au pair in Norway the procedure for the visa was very easy therefore she got the visa without problems even if in Denmark you are not allowed to be au pair if you are married i guess UDI didn't bother to check the details in the system so in one word her visa in Denmark  will expire next year in January our plan is to get married after she receive the papers form Philippines  sometimes in July this year that she is not married anymore and then apply for family reunion, if we can apply for family reunion buy the time she is under the au pair visa she can stay with me here cos' they are processing the application i asked in UDI and is possible, what worries me the most is if we gonna apply for family reunion under her au pair visa there is a big chance that they can find out she was married buy the time she was au pair in Denmark and that will be a problem , now here comes the big question is anybody here who had the same situation and how did you deal with it , maybe i can get an advice how to do this safe without her getting banned
Thank you

Hello Stephy,

A big thank you for another informative information that you have shared for me. I received my friend's invitation letter two weeks ago and he even printed the form copy for me to fill it out (Hehe)  I processed my passport renewal last Monday but i did not expect that DFA in cebu will no longer offer the expedited service.  Imagine I have to wait 30 WORKING days to get it and that will be on june 3rd. Only OFW can request for 15 working days.

By the way, if may I ask is it okay to schedule an appointment interview at UDI portal now for June 5. Im thinking that June 5th is the best date for me. However, my friend's letter indicate that my visit date will be june 15. Can we change that on the paper and alter the date?

Stephy, can you give me ideas what questions they will ask?

Hello Yanshie,

Thanks sa info ha. I appreciate it. Ilang days ka lang nka process nkng tourist visa mo? Anyway,  do you have link for malayan insurance?  I tried to find them online i just want to make sure that tama yung site na nakita ko. Anyway, did you process it online or nagpunta ka sa office?  Can you refer me please sa travel agency na nag work for your itenary to Norway

Can you tell me as well details if ano mga questions on the interview?

You can choose any date that is convenient for you, specifically when you have all of your requirements ready.

Regarding the date in the letter of the invitation it is fine to be june 15 and your sched at the embassy is June 5. Ideally a tourist visa takes 2-5 days, i got mine within 2 days after submitting the requirements. So i dont see any conflict with your dates if i understood your question correctly.

I wasn't actually interviewes so I can aay i really had a smooth and easy application, when i handed my docs (in my time it wasnt at vfs yet) the officer just asked me 2 questions :

1. my bf's birthday
2. if i have a sibling.

as plain as that no follow up or further questions. Maybe others can share their experience but i think recently there isn't much interviews :) Just always smile, look smart but not snob as long as when they ask just answer with honesty ^_^