Furniture

Hello everyone, i just moved to Muscat several days ago with my Egyptian husband and am loving the challenges of the new city and country . My problem is i need to buy firniture and appliances for a 2 bedroom apartment the budget is 2000 OMR all i keep is seeing is chinese made, very unusual styling and just not to my taste at all . Can anyone recommend a store that has simple European styling but at prices i can afford ?
Also i am driving here which is a nightmare as in Australia we drive on the other side of the road so thats hard enough but i keep getting lost on these major highways , are GPS navigation systems any good here as no one seem to know there exact address i just get instructions via visual landmarks ?
Ohh and one more question ( please be patient with me ) does Oman have a postal system ? can i get something delivered by post to my home or do use FedEx etc?
Thank you so much in anticipation of your answers and i look forward to getting to know my fellow ex pats
Deborah

Hi Deborah,

Maps for Oman do work on my Nokia Lumia - here maps, free of cost.
I have used Aramex here, which works fine.

I don't have info about furniture shops.

Regrads,
Harshit

Check family furniture located in al kwair find them by ur GPS f havent yet GPS check muscat buy and sale somebody sale updated GPS but before u can find that and anythng u want to buy  hre in oman u must join the group,it wl b a great help for u beside funitures for sale in that ad are cheaper but some slightly used but good as new only owner will leave the country and selling it cheap but good quality as well

olala !!! it's a shame that I can not help you. because I plan to travel in Oman at the end of this month (Novelbre 2014). I try to make friends. but be friends if you want?

Hi Debbie:
Did you have any luck with the furniture & appliances?? As i will be moving in January, so would appreciate a little help from you in respect of which places to visit to buy furniture etc etc.

Thanks so much!

Hello ,
Yes i did manage to get all the furniture  i needed from  Pan Emirates i found them  to be the most reasonable in prices but the quality is not great however if your only staying a year or two its adequate . I bought my TV from a hypermarket ( Lu Lu ) as i found them well priced and the fridge plus washing machine from Extra an electrical store here . It not cheap to buy everything you need here the prices are about the same as back home in Australia but you can get second hand if your not sure how long you may stay ( look on dubizzle )
Hope that helps

Hi again:
Yes, i am aware that cost of living is some what comparable to my city- Toronto, Canada and Ozzie must be more or less the same.
Your note has been very informative. Much appreciated for your prompt response.