The other side of the Israeli postcard

Hi,

As a tourist in a foreign country, very often, we are enchanted with what we discover.

Living abroad is different. It's a rich experience but there are also some difficulties to face.

When people ask me for advice on living abroad, I then tend to say that one should also look at both sides of the postcard.

As an expat in Israel, how would you describe the two sides of your Israeli postcard?

Thank you for sharing your experience,

Julien

Israel is one of those places where the other side is often better than the more public side.  The ways in which most of the world sees Israel would be the front side of the postcard.  And that view is coloured by politics, religion, international media portrayals more often than not.  The true Israel is far less black and white and far more interesting.

Even if one is not religious there is still an inherent spirituality that explodes from the hills and rivers like a detonated rucksack that makes us all the collateral damage of some kind of power higher than ourselves.

Israel is aaddictive. My visit to Israel left me wanting more. And i am now considering on going to Israel for a intensive hebrew course. I think people should visit Israel before pre judging the country and its people.