Driving to madina

Hello Everyone
We are planning to drive to madina for the first time, and I am scared to death....I get sooo nervous even if we go shopping.i feel soo relieved when we all get back home safely... Would like to know how is it to drive to madina, how are the roads?? are there plenty of "welcome breaks"?
Thanks in advance

its easy as anything. roads are good. some nice stations are there to take rest e.g the ones operated by sasco which have burger king, albaik, tazaj etc... infact our family might also go to madina in late september so ur family can join us in your own car on the way.. we will leave from jeddah al hamra on the weekends

Thank u for ur reply... That's reassuring..

I think you will find the drive to Medina better than driving around Jeddah.

The roads are actually fine better than around town. I actually quite like the drive as the scenery is quite different to what I expected.

Just be careful of the speed limit as there are a lot of cameras between Jeddah and Madina.

In regards to "welcome breaks" I prefer to call them "unwelcome breaks". We haven't stopped at one good service area to or from Madina. My advice is pack some food with you, and try not too drink too much water!

Have a safe trip and remember us all in the duas!

adamb123 wrote:

In regards to "welcome breaks" I prefer to call them "unwelcome breaks". We haven't stopped at one good service area to or from Madina. My advice is pack some food with you, and try not too drink too much water!

This!

To be honest, if I drive to Madinah I prefer to go in one shot without stopping for anything...have it all packed, sammys, drinks and munchies.

If you don't prefer to drive, then I suggest taking the VIP Saptco service that operates from Madinah Road-Jeddah to Crowne Plaza Hotel Madinah for 110 one way/person and takes you non stop to Madinah. It has inclining seats, washroom, water, below average snack provided, but meets your requirements :D

Around half way to and from Madinah and around morning and afternoons you can see Baboons on the roadside  pack some "Baboons food" with you if you like to stopover and feed them. :blink:

ahmadaq wrote:

Around half way to and from Madinah and around morning and afternoons you can see Baboons on the roadside  pack some "Baboons food" with you if you like to stopover and feed them. :blink:

Aha yea, forgot about this also, these baboons are kind of risky when they come on the highway.

Keep your eyes on the road at all times.