Singapore EP holders must be present in Singapore once every 60 days?

I'm a Singapore EP holder, and my job is something like 80% - 90% travel.

I've received conflicting information as to whether there is a rule or regulation that Singapore EP holders must be physically present in Singapore at least once every 60 days/two months.

I've done tons of searches on this topic, but have turned up nothing.  I called the MoM hotline, and was told that this isn't the case; but I was told a couple of years ago it was, and so I've been planning my travel schedule to ensure I'm not outside Singapore for more than 60 days at a time.

Can anyone tell me if this is true or not?  Pointers to any relevant documentation would also be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks!

I have been out of Singapore for a lot longer when I still had an EP -  was seconded to Indonesia.
This is many years ago, but I had no problems (on the contrary: I didn't have to pay tax on my Singapore income during that time, since pay for work abroad is non-taxable!). I also never heard of anybody having a problem, or that rules ever changed since then.
If you have reason to doubt  MoM's answer, email them and get the reply in writing, so you can refer to it later.

Thanks much - good advice!

I suggest to just prove your case, if necessary.

Your Employer should be able to prove that you are exercising employment in Singapore, which is the sole reason on why EP is needed and approved by MOM in the first place. This means, your extensive travels are incidental to your responsibility in Singapore. Look at your responsibility,  reason for travelling, situation surrounding it, etc. Restricting biz travel to present in Singapore (to meet min days if this is the criteria, which i dont think so and never came across) for EP continuity reason is impractical and make no biz sense to me.

Look into apply for NOR scheme, if this is your first year. Conditions apply and there is a cap of min SIngapore tax to pay. For some cases, NOR does not provide any benefits, so better to do without. Need to work it out first.