Want to ask if Enga province is a safe place to stay.

Hello everyone! I just want to ask if Enga province is a safe place to stay. I know anywhere there is good and bad, but basically, is it safe? Will kids who still need to go to school be okay there? thanks!

Hi trevinaj,

A new topic has been created on the Papua New Guinea forum for better views and interaction.

Regards,

David.

trevinaj wrote:

Hello everyone! I just want to ask if Enga province is a safe place to stay. I know anywhere there is good and bad, but basically, is it safe? Will kids who still need to go to school be okay there? thanks!

Best you do some online research on this. Safety is paramount for expats in all of PNG.

Kabayan:

Only in East New Britain you want safe place.

Id say no for new expats like you. Expats that lived long enough in png know their way around enga. But new expat like you with kids ill say you try goroka, madang or rabaul. Cheers...

Which part of Enga are you referring to? We have five districts in Enga; Wabag, Wapenamanda, Laiagam Pogera, Kandep and Compiam Ambum. People's mindset and way of relating to others is slightly different compared to people from another district in the province. You must be specific here so we give you specific details and explanation concerning that place for you to know better.