Medical unfit

hello friend's, I lived in Bahrain since 2004 to 2012 , I came back my home country india, august 2012 on a vacation leave but I couldn't go back Bahrain because of some issue. now my  visa expired also my work permit expired and I want to go Bahrain for work with a new sponcer , but when I go for medical exam. in a Gamca approved medical center they told me that I am unfit, and they told me the reason  that,  I have ''Tuberculosis (any abnormal X-ray)'' which I don't have,  then I ask my family doctor for X-ray test and he retest my blood and x-ray and cough test then he told me that I am a normal person and I don't have any kind of Tuberculosis, but the Gamca medical center make me unfit for six month they put this report on Lmra website too, so please tell me what is the legal way to come to Bahrain,i want to come Bahrain as soon as possible,  also I want to know that how do I know that I am blacklisted in Bahrain or not, thank's god bless you.

The GAMCA is the official version. If they say you are unfit then you have to wait for 6 months and try again. No other way.

You could try to get a visit visa through family and friends or from travel agencies and hotels.

Thank you Dear, I can try for  visit visa but my name in lmra's Gamca site that I'm medical unfit.(which I'm not), will they still give me a Visit visa? waiting for your reply, god bless you

Try and see.  You never know.

By the way, please so not send private messages if you have posted the same question on the Forum also. Those who respond here are all volunteers and hence it is a waste of time to read and reply in 2 places.

Below is my reply to your last pm to me:

If the health centres in India misdiagnose your condition, I cannot do anything about it. You will have to take the matter up with them and maybe the Bahrain embassy in your country.

There is no point in telling me all of what you wrote. I understand your anxiety to get to Bahrain but what more can I say.

If you want me to say something really helpful, here is my honest response:

If you wish to come to Bahrain wait for another 6 months and try again.

No guarantee the same thing will not happen again with the GAMCA centre there.

You could take all your reports from the non GAMCA centres and try to convince them.

You could file a complaint with the Bahrain Embassy.

You could sue them for erroneous diagnosis and loss of income.

You could forget about Bahrain and find a job in another country.

The choice is yours.

Good luck!

I am sorry for sending my post on two place, and also sorry for bad English, thank you for your usefull advice for this matter,  I'm going Bahrain embassy tomorrow to ask them for help, thank you again, god bless you.

Your English is pretty good. Nothing wrong with that.

Good luck with your visit to the Bahrain embassy. Let us know of your experience and of your outcome.

Farhaz wrote:

Your English is pretty good. Nothing wrong with that.

Good luck with your visit to the Bahrain embassy. Let us know of your experience and of your outcome.

yesterday I visited Bahrain embassy in New Delhi, the lady on the inquery counter was very nice to talk to me, and she told me that 'you go again Gamca and ask them for re-medical' so I told her they are not listening any request, they are asking me to come after 6 month as it mentioned in my health exam certificate'
then she told me wait for 6 month and go for medical again, that's it.
i am in a situation like 'i am alive but i am not realy alive untill a document not proving me alive'
thank you friend for your valuable time which you gave me, god bless you. if

Oh that's bad news. Sorry to hear it, but this is what I have seen happen even in past cases.

So your options are either to wait for 6 months and try again or to look elsewhere maybe.

Either way, I wish you all the best. I am sure something better will come your way.
All the best!

Farhaz wrote:

Oh that's bad news. Sorry to hear it, but this is what I have seen happen even in past cases.

So your options are either to wait for 6 months and try again or to look elsewhere maybe.

Either way, I wish you all the best. I am sure something better will come your way.
All the best!

that's ok, I'm trying to get a visit visa, may be they'll allow me to come there and I can do my medical test there,
i think, I should try to all the option, thank you to talk with me on this matter. i'll not give-up

You could try to do that. Especially when you know you are medically fit and the GAMCA machines and reports are flawed. I wish you all the best.

Jankari; just to add a little onto Farhaz's good advice, you can get re-tested in GAMCA in 6 months.

BUT what you need to understand that it's not about whether you have TB right now or not (which you don't from what I understand); it's if you have had it in the past (even as a child).  If you have had it in the past, it may have cleared up but would have definitely left a scar on your lungs (visible on chest xray) and with that scar, there is NO way that GAMCA will ever pass you. 

Lung scarring anywhere in the GCC is a big no no.  TB or no TB.  In rare cases, in the UAE, I have heard of people being passed with scarring after being tested for TB through various other tests (in UAE medical clinics) but nowhere have I ever heard GAMCA passing anyone with scars (TB or no TB - they take any scar in the lung as rejection).

XTang wrote:

Jankari; just to add a little onto Farhaz's good advice, you can get re-tested in GAMCA in 6 months.

BUT what you need to understand that it's not about whether you have TB right now or not (which you don't from what I understand); it's if you have had it in the past (even as a child).  If you have had it in the past, it may have cleared up but would have definitely left a scar on your lungs (visible on chest xray) and with that scar, there is NO way that GAMCA will ever pass you. 

Lung scarring anywhere in the GCC is a big no no.  TB or no TB.  In rare cases, in the UAE, I have heard of people being passed with scarring after being tested for TB through various other tests (in UAE medical clinics) but nowhere have I ever heard GAMCA passing anyone with scars (TB or no TB - they take any scar in the lung as rejection).

Dear thank you for your point of you, but if the scar made by Pneumonia then how can they say that it's a past T.b. because Pneumonia also left scar. are they also unfit if somebody have scar from Pneumonia, i'll be waiting for your reply and one more thing I worked in Bahrain more then 8 year and just came back two month ago , five time I pass my medical test overthere , they never make me unfit and after I came back here I never got sick so you know what I am saying.

Like I said; it depends and that is when you are ALREADY in the GCC i.e. passed GAMCA medical and landed here.  If they see a scar, they check to see if it's present or past TB.  If the test is negative for TB and the scar is due to something else; there is a chance that visa will be given.  However, it depends because if you search these forums, you will find cases of people who were deported despite having tested negative on both tests.  To explain why, the tests they do are:

Mantoux Test or the skin test: This test if positive indicates that the person has either TB disease or latent TB (i.e. you have been exposed to TB and the germs are in the body but this has not resulted in a disease and may never do so)
Sputum Test: To further isolate the findings of the above, the sputum test is done to see if the person has the disease

So if both of these tests are negative, this means you don't currently have TB.  Now here is the tricky bit, it does not mean or prove that your lung scars are not due to past TB.  And at most times, the UAE authorities take a myopic view and deport you nonetheless.  There are some stories of people being allowed to stay after coming back for three months to do a sputum test (to prove that the disease doesn't develop after the "assumed" incubation period) after which the process finishes vs. being deported straight off.

There is a way to judge if you have ever had TB or have latent antibodies; go to any upscale lab in UAE and do a Quantiferon TB Gold test.  This is a blood test which looks for TB and being negative on it means there is a good chance that you never had TB nor were exposed to it.  You can take this test report with you when your medical comes up and try to convince the doctors.  Secondly, yes you can have scars due to severe pneumonia but TB scars look very very different on a chest xray. Usually, most scarring in lungs is either due to TB, inhalation of smoke / asbestos etc etc or other lung diseases. 

To put it bluntly to you my friend, it doesn't matter that you spent a lot of time in Bahrain; when you were there, GAMCA wasn't set up then.  All that was required was a cursory medical in home country followed by the medical in the GCC (which was the one which was relied upon).  2-3 years ago GAMCA was set up to save on testing and deportation costs by the Gulf countries and they get fined if people get through who fail the medicals subsequently in the GCC.  This means that they are super strict; even more so than GCC Government hospitals. GAMCA will NEVER pass you - no matter what, to them, a scar means automatic rejection.  I suggest to Google the internet; there are tons of stories including petitions about GAMCA unfairness and stringent criteria.  You can try to influence them using back up reports, legal action, wasta or whatever; but that is an exception which may or may not work....no one knows.

XTang wrote:

Like I said; it depends.  If they see a scar, they check to see if it's present or past TB.  If the test is negative for TB and the scar is due to something else; there is a chance that visa will be given.  However, it depends because if you search these forums, you will find cases of people who were deported despite having tested negative on both tests.  To explain why, the tests they do are:

Mantoux Test or the skin test: This test if positive indicates that the person has either TB disease or latent TB (i.e. you have been exposed to TB and the germs are in the body but this has not resulted in a disease and may never do so)
Sputum Test: To further isolate the findings of the above, the sputum test is done to see if the person has the disease

So if both of these tests are negative, this means you don't currently have TB.  Now here is the tricky bit, it does not mean or prove that your lung scars are not due to past TB.  And at most times, the UAE authorities take a myopic view and deport you nonetheless.  There are some stories of people being allowed to stay after coming back for three months to do a sputum test (to prove that the disease doesn't develop after the "assumed" incubation period) after which the process finishes vs. being deported straight off.

There is a way to judge if you have ever had TB or have latent antibodies; go to any upscale lab in UAE and do a Quantiferon TB Gold test.  This is a blood test which looks for TB and being negative on it means there is a good chance that you never had TB nor were exposed to it.

You can take this test report with you when your medical comes up and try to convince the doctors.  There was a story on some forum (google it) about a guy who was suffering from bronchitis at the time of the test and was in similar situation to yourself; he used this test to convince them.

You shouldn't compare Bahrain to UAE.  They are both very different countries and the UAE is much stricter on medical tests for visa.  Secondly, yes you can have scars due to severe pneumonia but TB scars look very very different on a chest xray. Usually, most scarring in lungs is either due to TB, inhalation of smoke / asbestos etc etc or other lung diseases. 

Either way, if you have scars in your lungs and you are from the sub continent, Egypt or Philippines, try to stay in the Middle East if you change jobs.  If you go back and then apply here for a job, it will have to go through GAMCA and they will NEVER pass you - no matter what, to them, a scar means automatic rejection.

thank's for reply I'm not waiting for Gamca test, i'll come on a visit visa, and i'll go for a Tb. test in American mission hospital and then i'll apply for a job, I  hope the govt. of Bahrain will turn down this rule very soon.

Good luck.  I did a final edit on my post to add GAMCA elements so you can read through it again.

As far as I know, GAMCA testing is a mandatory requirement for getting GCC work visa. However, if you manage to make it here and have clean results, maybe some Wasta can help you get the visit visa converted to a work visa and circumvent GAMCA requirements.

XTang wrote:

Good luck.  I did a final edit on my post to add GAMCA elements so you can read through it again.

As far as I know, GAMCA testing is a mandatory requirement for getting GCC work visa. However, if you manage to make it here and have clean results, maybe some Wasta can help you get the visit visa converted to a work visa and circumvent GAMCA requirements.

Thank you Dost, god bless you

hi can i go to Bahrain for job. i suffered of tb in 2002. i had taken  complete treatment. but still scars are coming in xray. kindly suggest me.

Hello,I'm harpreet from Punjab,India. In June 2016 I take medical from Delhi gamca,but unfortunately my report was unfit,and this report also already expire December 2016. Now I'm in Bahrain with my husband on family visa, and again take Bahraini medical,my report is fit, now I want to transfer my family visa into work visa, but still old indian unfit report show online,that's by my bahrain medical report not accept. You have any solution what I do,I  already may time call gamca and request please remove my old report,but it's still not remove. Please help me.

Contact LMRA along with your new medical record and seek assistance from them.

T&R

Yes, approach LMRA and ask them to update / ignore GAMCA report and apply for visa through the counter.  You won't be able to do it online due to offence showing up in the medical because of GAMCA.

Also, GAMCA will never remove a report.  If you were UNFIT; they will allow you to retest in 6 months and if FIT, that is the report which will appear on their system i.e. it shows the latest report.

My wife got fibrosis on her lungs..i am worried that when i apply for family visa ..she will not be able to clear medical..what should i do...i want to move with my family and cannot stay away from my daughter..any rescue from this issue also..should i bring them on visiting visa and then get her medicals in bahrain ??..while gwttong medicals in bahrain and with this fibrosis in report...will they allow her to take other tests bcz ...she is not having TB nor she ever had any

So though ur report was negative u cud get thru family visa...for family visa they ignore the issu u had in ur report ?

There is no medical test needed for family visa.

T&R

Ohk..thanks alot ..u made my day

No medical required to be done in home country as well ?..this is very helpful information

Old post.  And as logicalindian said, there is NO medical for family visa.  Whatsoever.

Hello everyone,
In October'17 I had got a job offer from Qatar. Unfortunately I was declared unfit in GAMCA due to pleural thickening in my lungs, although I had never had or have TB in my life. After that I had taken a couple of tests for TB from acclaimed doctors, and cleared with no past or present symptoms. But that didn't get considered by GAMCA.
However, there's an opportunity in Bahrain, which I was wondering to try or not. As per the discussion there seems to be limited chance. Still, any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

If you come through GAMCA, they will still mark you as UNFIT.  The only way to do it (if you know for sure that you don't have TB) is to come here on a visit visa, convert it to a work visa and give medical in Bahrain.  I still see it as risky as if there are issues in the x-ray, you can still get rejected in the Bahrain medical too.

Thank you for your feedback

I  want information about gamca test.  I have one eye blindness due to accident when I was minnor.  Can I pass the test for gamca. I want work visa.. Plz suggest

Read this:

https://gcchmc.org/Images/RulesAndRegul … ov2016.pdf

Blindness might be a problem for GAMCA.

Dears
     Mantoux test is positive but chest X-ray is very clear no significant. This  situation LMRA reject or no reject visa. Anybody pls answer me

No one can answer this with certainty.

Read guidelines above. They only check chest x-ray. If it's clear no issue. No mantoux or other confirmatory test is done in that case.

Hi,
Can you please tell me what happened to your lung scar issue? It seems like you cleared the medical and already living in Bahrain.

Hi amor have you took visit visa and came to bahrain i too face same pleura thickening whats the option did you gave xray here again when you converted your visit to work visa?

Dear hafeez bhai
What happen to yout medical have you cleared?

Bro, I am still in India... planning to visit bahrain within few months.

Okey thanks
Is there anyone who came on visit visa and changed to work visa having issue of xray unfit in gamca?

If you read through the whole thread, the issues have been discussed.

What you need to realize is that, do the visit visa thing, ONLY if you are sure that GAMCA made a mistake and you have a second opinion from a private hospital confirming that to you. 

This is because when you convert the visit visa to a work visa, they will do the medical again in Bahrain.  And if you really have an issue, you will be marked UNFIT, deported and banned.

And I have seen both types of outcomes for people who came here on visit visas to try their luck after being GAMCA unfit.  Very few got through, most were marked unfit and deported.

My medical report un fit but I know tb It was in the last five years and the marks can be lifted now I am fit but maybe Mark in my chest old