New members of the Myanmar forum, introduce yourself here

Hi all,

Newbie on the Myanmar forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Myanmar if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi,

Good Day to you all!
My name is Soe, Myanmese.
I just return back to Myanmar due to the work relocation.
Hope i can find good/closed friend via here.

Regards,
Soe

Thank you for the warm well come
it is really good be connected to people.
I have just moved to Yangon for my new posting with UN.

Hello all,

I'm looking at Myanmar as a place to visit soon and keeping an open mind about moving there.  Beautiful country as far as I've seen and looks to be full of very welcoming people.  Looking forward to it.

Hi, all.

I just moved here to Yangon for work 2 months ago. Been backpacking around the country already.

Still looking for a place to stay. If anyone has the contact with condominium, 2 master bedroom around Bahan, Karmayut, etc. with the price range of 2k-2.5k USD per month. Please contact us.

Hi, nice to meet you all.

I am Myanmar, currently residing in HCM. Will be happy to help you guys with tips.

Hi All.
I am an expat from Indonesia. Currently moved to Yangon 3 months ago.

If you have questions regarding living here, you can ask me and see if i can help.
I recently write a blog. Not sure if i can put my blog link in this post, so visit my profile to see the blog.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Every Ladies and Gentlemen
I am Qui Vietnamese Engineer. At present i am staying and working in Cambodia. I would like to make friend with every body in Asia Countries. I would like to move for working in Myanmar or Singapore or ... as Site Engineer or Senior Engineer. If possible please introduce me to your friends or your partners. thanks for all and sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Name: Ngo Huu Qui
House zone: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Education: Civil Engineer(Construction Engineer)
Experience: 12Years(From Oct2002)
[moderated: avoid your personal details on the forum pls]

Hi all,

I have been staying in Yangon, Myanmar around a month for work and I like this city very much.

Contact me if you'd like to know me more !!

Brdgs,
Pat

yes ABauer, we're very welcoming people :D

just got in

[Moderated: no free ad on the forum pls + register in the business directory > Real estate in Myanmar ]

Namaste/Hello/Mingalaba Folks!
Thanks for the warm welcome :) I am a "Desi gal". Family and work brings me here. Looking forward to meet some like minded expats :) To know me more check my profile and drop a message. :cheers:

Just moved to Myanmar 2 days back.. Time to look for everything!! lol. I would love to make new friends. Do contact me if you are also looking for new friends

Hi there!

Just moved in Yangon over the weekend. 6 days as of writing. Hope things are well. Let's get together! :) I just currently set up a blog of my journey  wheninyangon.blogspot.com 

See ya!

Hi, welcome! I just arrived here last week as well. Have a great stay!

Dear  All,

Thank you for warm welcome myself to Expat.com.
I myself, i would like to move, relocate to work and stay in myanmar. So now i am looking for a job as well, im currently work in five stars hotel in Bangkok, as assistant events and restaurant manager, previous job as personal assist to managing director, i also working in restaurant as part time job. I am looking for working in hotel, resort, restaurant, or company which will give me an opportunity to join with team under company or organization.
I will be visiting and looking for an opportunity, chances to find job in yangon on 18-22 June'14.
I love myanmar and all places are so stunning myself everytime attract me to visit., cultures ,people, living style, adventure in different country, and also want to explore myself as much as i can do during my life time.
I can start to.work on July '14, onward and will available for any job interviee as well.

Please feel free to contact and suggest, giving me an advice ..

Supatra

Dear Sir,
thank you for warm welcome myself to Expat.com.
I'm Isuru Jayan Atapattu.from Srilanka.i am 26 years old. i did A/L in science stream and already followed national diploma in hotel management at Srilanka tourism and hotel management center.i have 6 year experience in hospitality trade.also i have travel trade experience including tour costing,reservation, operating online booking system,worked  with around 500 DMC,promoting hotels and sales so,now i am looking for a job.i would like to work Myanmar.as a country i like it very much.i would like to give my knowledge to this country.i never expect any big offers from the job. only thing Myanmar is one  of my favorite country in the world.so, i would like to work here .im currently work in four star hotel i Srilanaka, as Reservation Executive. previous job personal assist to sales director. i am looking for hotel or travel agent job.

Contact me if you'd like to know me more !!

Best Regards,
Isuru
mobile number - 071 8671481

Hello everyone, I may be moving to Yangon, kind of hope it all works out as it would mean a land based job as opposed to working at sea.
I live in Central Thailand where I've a bit of a farm set up on the go, I'm sure Yangon has more to offer than where I call home these days.
Now I'm going to start another thread on well asked questions!
Cheers!

Hello all,

My name is Ben, I'm a Thai.

My family will be moving to Yangon in August. We may be staying there for quite a while.

I am happy to get in touch with Thai, Singapore, Chinese expats.

If you are into music, drop me messages ;) Keep in touch

Ben

Hello Sawadee Krub,
My name's Aung from Myanmar and currently living in Bangkok. Glad to know that you like Myanmar and like to work there. Here're some information that would be useful for your career in Myanmar.

facebook.com/myanmarhoteltourismnews

facebook.com/associationofMyanmarHotels

cheers and good luck

Dear Friend ,

Welcome from Myanmar .

Frank

Hi Soe ,

Welcome back home . Could you please share your experience in Myanmar ?. I am Burmese too , running business in Myanmar and Singapore . You may email to me [email protected] .

Regards ,

Frank

Hello all,

My name's Rudrojit and I moved to Yangon about a fortnight ago, by way of KL. I am an Indian and have spent the better part of my life growing up and working in the homeland.

Still looking for a place to stay because I will be here for at least a couple of years working on  a hotel project; and of course, looking to connect with other expatriates so that I don't turn into a grouchy, old man.

Please feel free to drop me a message!

Thanks very much to every members in Expat Bloc
I came from Bangkok Thailand, my occupation is Lawyer (real practice lawyer NOT consult lawyer) I stayed in Yangon about couple years ago. And willing to give some legal knowledge or legal information to our member. My email is :  [email protected]
Line ID or  Viber ID is = myanmarlawyer
Sincerely,

Lawyer Sirichai Piyaphichetkul.

hi I'am Anca and moved to Yangon a week and a half ago. We are a family of 4, with a 4 and 2 year olds and we will like to meet other families like us.

Hello
My name is Kedo and will be moving to Yangon from Singapore in early August 2014. Hoping to have good friends regardless of any religion or culture. Making more friends and sharing our experiences is the things that i love to do. Drop me the email at [email protected].
Cheers!
kedo

Hello, my name is Faye, I have three children and we are currently in England. We are looking at an opportunity in Myanmar. I would love to hear about other peoples experience of living in Myanmar.

Hi All
I am Thai but will going to Myanmar soon also, I like Myanmar

warm regards,
Teerachai TIM

Hi Pat
I want to be a good friend with you, and hope see you soon in Yangon
warm regards, Teerachai

I'm Ginny - Just arrived in Yangon - great city but finding a place to live is proving hard. Looking for a place with outside space and  a garden or good views from an apartment - any tips very much appreciated!

Have you tried pronto realtors.com ?

Hello and thanks for welcoming me here in this blog. I am Benedick currently living working here in the Philippines. I have 10 years experience in telecommunications. I have heard a lot about the growing telecommunications industry there as new telecom operators are starting to build their telecom infrastructure in the country.  I would like to find a career suitable for me and I am hoping that this blog will help me on this regard.

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Benedick

Hi All,

This is Jugal here fellow expat moved here few weeks back to take up a profile. new country, new people, new language whew!! But its beautiful and would be fun to enjoy this with like minded people with similar background....It would be great to know you or hopefully catch  - up. Drop me a me a message if you feel the same, Cheers!!

Jugal

Hello Myanmar ....howdy!!

Thank you for the Welcome

(Moderated: no free ad on the forum pls)

My name is luhtar. I live in Yangon. I have 11 sibling . So i from a big family . now i am working at Enlightened Myanmar Research, one of the LNGO. I work as a researcher. At my work  I need to understand English language so i joy this website to improve my English skill . Thanks for introduce .

Hello everyone :) ,
I'm Tom Lim form Singapore. :cheers:
I have many years (from the end of March 1995) in Myanmar. Haha :D , my career in Myanmar, I know my wife here :kiss: , we got married here  :heart: , our children born here :par: . ... Here is my home :top: .
I was managing director of property development company here, and I'm the consultant of KSH Law firm(Myanmar).
I have made some sale before in Myanmar, mobile phones, organic fertilizers, building materials, construction....  :sick

Thanks.

Tom Lim

Hi to Everyone,

My name is Philippe, and though I'm French (nobody's perfect) I've lived in Cambodia and Vietnam every of the last 23 years (since March 1991 exactly).
My Cambodian wife and myself are now moving to Myanmar, where I'm-  for the time being - consulting for an investment fund.
We're looking for a good gym-club (not in an impersonal 5-star hotel, rather a friendly one), a yoga class (preferably kundalini) and for my wife any class or activity relating to Myanmar (handicraft, cooking, language etc...)
Please share with us, any help is more than welcome, we want to start now!

All the best to the community!

Closed