Moving to Algeria - is there an Indian community in Alger?infos plz

Hi
I am an Indian Hindu & planning to move to Algeri on 4-5 years assignment from the co.
I need to know little info.
Do we have Indian community in Algie?
How are hindu treated in the country?
can we have Vegeterian food in the city?
some one to help me as I ned to take a call asap.

There are indian restaurant , one i go which is in Dely Ibrahim .for the vegetarian food you can find but better to prepare at home.

Hi there
I am Dhruv frm India,.see first of all in Algeria there is not any problem related religions as long as u keep away from discussing about it,,
Indians are treated well, the locals are so friendly and respecting.
we are a growing community in Algeria since 2012 and now... before 2012 it was lil hard to find indians here but now we have group of Indians, keeping each others in touch nd gathering...and more over you can ask any thing on our indian FB group
facebook.com/OuiIndianJaneeTu/info
you are welcome :)

Hello vedhoney,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

You can find some contacts here on this page > Algiers Social Network ;)

Hi Dhruv
Its nice to here from you.
and thanks for the advice.The cover photo on facebook is excellent for the Indians in Algeria.
I would be joining at Algiers shortly.
pls do pass on some more info like place to live etc.I am 49 yrs old & would like to live in posh locality with my wife.
help me to make friends also

hello well i am one of the bigest funs of india or hindi bee toda sa atee hai i guess algerian will treat you very well we are good people and u ll find all kinds of food don't worry if you want to talk more this is my skype id muse.nine

I would be new to Algeria & will be working for Sheraton in Algiers.How is it to work there? Is there any Indian Community?
How we can Transfer Money to India? Is it safe to go around? Is Commodities expensive there?

I am planing to be in Myanmar for 10 days starting 25th Jan and would want to meet a blog partner an American or French or Italian national living in Yangon if connected with hotel industry will be advantage...Guru Prasad.

Hello,
Please i want to ask some questions [link moderated] please this is my email contact me. Thanks in advance

Moderated by Bhavna 4 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct