American woman murdered in Bali

http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/news/us- … li-resort/

Denpasar. Police in Bali are on the hunt for a young American couple in connection with the alleged murder of the girls mother at an upscale beach resort on Tuesday.

A taxi driver reported finding the body of Sheila Von Weise Mack, 62, stuffed inside a suitcase after he had gone to pick up the victim from the St. Regis Bali Resort in the Nusa Dua area on Tuesday morning.

Sounds like they did mummy in and ran.
They won't last long before they see a cell.

....stuffed in a suitcase.

Anyways, will just be a question of time that they find them

I read that they were found already.

http://www.rappler.com/world/regions/as … m=referral

http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/news/bal … -us-woman/

How can someone fit into the suitcase if you look at the photo??

Well....police caught them so let's see what motives the couple had

I can't recall the last time a western foreigner was tried here in Bali for murder, but the usual sentence for murder is the death penalty.  This has all the elements of a possible show trial that the American press loves to cover...I can see correspondents volunteering for the assignment already.

Ubudian wrote:

I can't recall the last time a western foreigner was tried here in Bali for murder, but the usual sentence for murder is the death penalty.  This has all the elements of a possible show trial that the American press loves to cover...I can see correspondents volunteering for the assignment already.

I can see the editor's meeting now.

Editor - I need someone to go to Bali for a month
Hacks - What, a whole month of hanging around on beaches with fit young Asian ladies? - no way, dude.

Or maybe they'll just draw straws.
It'll be the first time a man will be happy to have a short straw on Bali.  :D

Fred,  :lol:  But of course we both understand the tragedy here...a woman being murdered.

This has already gotten CNN's interest, there being a story on the "International Desk" last night and also reporting that her daughter and her daughter's boyfriend, arrested in Kuta shortly afterwards were claiming that an armed gang came into the hotel and murdered the mom, they being able to escape and run to Kuta.

Yeah right...an armed gang getting into any of the five star resorts of Nusa Dua!    :dumbom:

Since the murder was most apparently perpetrated by one, or two Americans against another American, my Balinese wife wisely asked me, "why not send these people to the US for trial there?" 

A good question, but the evidence, now being gathered by local police authorities would be cannon fodder for any decent US attorney.  Unfortunately it looks as though we will be stuck prosecuting this case here in Bali...and with all the media circus that will almost certainly surround it.

Ubudian wrote:

Fred,  :lol:  But of course we both understand the tragedy here...a woman being murdered.
  Unfortunately it looks as though we will be stuck prosecuting this case here in Bali...and with all the media circus that will almost certainly surround it.

True, but I'm English and we do naughty humour.
However, some in the press will, I'm sure I can guarantee this, will use the event to sensationalise nasty prison conditions, unfair trials, no English speaking judge, no Jury,,,blah, blah, blah.

"Stuck" will probably be the right word.
I do have one little piece of advice for foreigners in Indonesia - don't murder your mum if you don't like the justice system.
More seriously - it really bugs me how SOME foreigners pop over to Indonesia, try to mess with drugs or whatever, then moan how unfair their treatment is.

"True, but I'm English and we do naughty humour.  However, some in the press will, I'm sure I can guarantee this, will use the event to sensationalise nasty prison conditions, unfair trials, no English speaking judge, no Jury,,,blah, blah, blah."

By proxy, we Americans also enjoy "naughty humor!"   :D

I agree 100% that this whole affair will be used exactly as you say..."to sensationalise nasty prison conditions, unfair trials, no English speaking judge, no Jury,,,blah, blah, blah."

It's just our bad luck that shortly after finally getting rid of S. Corby once and for all, and all the baloney, BS press we had to endure from OZ for so many years with her case, that this would come along.

So, my advice would be...folks, if you want to "Throw Momma From the Train" PLEASE do it somewhere else than Bali!   :top:

I see many people complain about foreign drug smugglers' treatment in Indonesia, but I have absolutely no problem with whatever happens to them.
I have a young daughter and a son on the way, and I'd like to see them grow up in a society where drugs are uncommon.
If that means shooting a few people who kill for drug money, Carry on Indonesia,

Ubudian wrote:

"True, but I'm English and we do naughty humour.  However, some in the press will, I'm sure I can guarantee this, will use the event to sensationalise nasty prison conditions, unfair trials, no English speaking judge, no Jury,,,blah, blah, blah."

By proxy, we Americans also enjoy "naughty humor!"   :D

I agree 100% that this whole affair will be used exactly as you say..."to sensationalise nasty prison conditions, unfair trials, no English speaking judge, no Jury,,,blah, blah, blah."

It's just our bad luck that shortly after finally getting rid of S. Corby once and for all, and all the baloney, BS press we had to endure from OZ for so many years with her case, that this would come along.

So, my advice would be...folks, if you want to "Throw Momma From the Train" PLEASE do it somewhere else than Bali!   :top:

There are trains in Bali ??

Hmmmm.... :/

Nah, of course there are no trains on Bali.  The Gods willing, there never will be either. 

That's the title of a hilarious movie which has become the singular expression meaning to "off one's mom." 

Google it Tom..."Let's Throw Momma From the Train."

"I see many people complain about foreign drug smugglers' treatment in Indonesia, but I have absolutely no problem with whatever happens to them."

Nor do I.  So a big time "hear hear" from me on that!  :top:

"I have a young daughter and a son on the way, and I'd like to see them grow up in a society where drugs are uncommon."

Istri sudah hamil?  Sorry to pry, but that's wonderful news!

Raising our three boys in what I have come to regard as one of the best places on earth to do exactly that...raise kids, I also have zero tolerance for drugs and pedophiles.

I will be a daddy again some time about Nov.
Another couple of years of sleepless nights.

mas fred wrote:

I will be a daddy again some time about Nov.
Another couple of years of sleepless nights.

congratz dude! :D

Congratulations on the upcoming event fred  :top:

Yes indeed Fred, congratulations!   :top:

:sleep get enough sleep before mas fred.

Congrats

mas fred wrote:

However, some in the press will, I'm sure I can guarantee this, will use the event to sensationalise nasty prison conditions, unfair trials, no English speaking judge, no Jury,,,blah, blah, blah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDKaS6jyFBs

Denpasar. An American teenager suspected of killing her mother, whose body was found in a suitcase in Bali, has revealed she is pregnant and claims she has been assaulted in custody, her lawyer said.

I'm not good; I'm great.