Company terminated me from service - will they charge me for visa?

Hi I am working in Muscat for past 7 months,but my company has terminated me from service,I need to know if they will charge me for visa ,and still they not made my resistance card ,

Something is not quite right with what you are saying ...

You've been in Muscat for 7 months now. And you don't have a resident card yet ? So what visa are you in currently ? Realistically you should be on an employment visa and it is mandatory by law that you get yourself a registered resident card within 30 days of arrival, after completing your local medicals.

If you / your sponsor have not registered you still, then you could face problems while exiting as you will be considered as an expatriate without valid documents. And that, as you may be aware, is illegal.

Speak to your employer about this concern and have the issue addressed immediately since this is a bigger worry than your visa fee recovery.

Good luck.

If your company has terminated u, possibility is dat they might cancel your visa and u go back home.7months and no residence card dats fishy.

We four came my self house keeping executive and three other managers with me,we requested our management to make labor card since beginning,they always ignore saying something,here there are people with out labor card for more then 1 year ,if we approach Indian embassy to send as back to India,what would be the result,whether they help as ,plz advice me on the same

When applying for labor card. Your employer has to be available n also has to present the Atm card for his bank balance to be checked. Either your employer didn't ave enough money on e account or has criminal charges. Cant he find u another job.coz u cant register without an employer. May be contact your embassy for help.am not an Indian. Dont know how things work.all e best to u.hope u get sorted out

chandaug2007 wrote:

We four came my self house keeping executive and three other managers with me,we requested our management to make labor card since beginning,they always ignore saying something,here there are people with out labor card for more then 1 year ,if we approach Indian embassy to send as back to India,what would be the result,whether they help as ,plz advice me on the same

Hi chandaug2007,

So many expatriates like yourselves get cheated by many unscrupulous employers like yours regularly. And yours is not a stray case. There are scores like you here in Oman sailing in the same, sad boat.

You should first go to the Indian Embassy and officially lodge a written complaint against your employer. Ask the Indian Embassy officials on what should be done then. They are there to guide and help hapless Indian expatriates like yourselves. And they will, since it is part of their job.

Going to the Ministry of Manpower or to the ROP first would not serve any purpose as they would only direct you to approach your embassy first. But, if it comes back from the Indian Embassy for their reference and action, the local government officials would look into it.

If your employer knows that you are planning on actually taking these actions, they might want to repatriate you as soon as possible to save themselves a lot of bother, hefty fines, and even imprisonment notwithstanding.

Best of luck to you guys !

f u have questions about ur current situation u can ask the labor departmnt in ruwi they wl help u!