Change lives

hello we are a couple aged 47 with a daughter of 11 years, next year we would like to move to alicante because of the climate and the sea, we would like news about this city 'I do not know where is the most' beautiful to live, the cost of living, as are schools, if it is a young city, where it is recommended to open a yogurt shop in short, if the choice is quite apt. thank in advance those who would answer me. hello soon antonio

One of the best advice I can give is to visit the area and explore the possibilities for your family.

thanks!

I would go along with that, I think you really need to spend some time over here doing market research and research the areas you like.

The most beautiful area to live depends on you really, one person idea of it may differ but you really do have plenty to choose from all within a half hour from Alicante itself, you have green suburbs, lovely coastal area, in the mountains etc... A lot will come down to budget as well.
Cost of living is pretty cheap in comparison to many places. If you go to a site called numbeo and input Alicante vs... whichever city you choose it should give you a good general idea of costs. The cost of living is certainly much cheaper than it was for us in northern Europe.

As for schools for an 11 year old well you can put them into the Spanish system but the change in language they might find difficult, then again they could flourish. Spanish schools are from what I have heard from other parents a good option. You could also go for a international school, these tend to be far more costly but your child may feel more comfortable at one.

Alicante is a mix of young and old, the city centre itself can seem a bit dull but then again I'm past my going out for run days. It is vibrant enough though and with the university there are a lot of students around when they are not on holidays.

Opening a yoghurt shop may be the tough part, I can't really think of any other places other than the main promenade or seafront strips and that may be hard to secure a storefront. Possibly opening one in a shopping centre that has year long footfall is the way to go but you would have to do thorough research on location and costs plus you will need fluent Spanish too, it's not a undertaking I would be rushing into but I wish you luck.

thank you very much