Relocating to Accra from India

Hello,

Is a net saving of USD 3000 per month good for a family of 4 considering that the company is paying for house rent, car, driver, fuel, maid, electricity, education, insurance and medical?

Also point no.2: they are offering a local salary worth USD1300 per month. Is that enough for groceries, fruits and vegetables as also meat etc for a month for a family of 4?

DVD

Should be unless you have expensive tastes in food and expect to eat out a lot

Hi, well things a very very expensive in Gh at the moment. If you can eat local foods, you should be ok.  Eating your "home" foods regularly will be costly. Also. You'll need to consider entertainment, especially for the children. Give it a try, but be cautious! Good luck, enjoy Ghana ;)

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. We do not eat out regularly. May be twice a month but since employer is providing housing, electricity, company car, driver, insurance, medical would the package be good?

BR,
DVD

Hi,

Thanks a lot. I have lived in Africa for 13 years so am used to local produce so no issues on that. We also do not eat out a lot so would this be a good start with the package? May be i may come alone. What is the monthly expense for one person on groceries, veg/fruits/meat etc....?

BR
DVD

If you live alone and are cooking for yourself I would think 1000 cedis a month would give you a good lifestyle