Inburgering Exam

Hi everyone!

I am a Filipina, currently living in Cebu. I am on my Dutch lesson in preparation for my plan to take the Inburgering exam next year. Anyone who had just took the exam?Can you share your experience?

I am hoping that i'll receive  more information/hints about the exam.

Groetjes,

Jovie

hey there! filipina here too! but ive been living in NL for 6 months now. I took the inburgering exam march of last year. i kinda created a self study program for myself, using the Naar Nederland study kit and a very helpful mp3 torrent i downloaded from kickass torrents.

i practiced with my dutch husband every night for 3 straight months. when the time came that i had to take the exam, saying that i was nervous was an understatement.

but in the testing room, the consul explained the entire process  clearly and the atmosphere was quite calming. so eventually, i calmed down and diverted my attention on the exam and the exam alone. the first part, which was, if i remember correctly was:
KNS which was a bunch of general questions about netherlands and the culture, its very very easy, all you have to do is memorize it from naar nederlands, there are 30 questions in the actual exam, but you must memorize 100 questions on the book because the questions are jumbled up so you dont really know what you are going to get.

next was:

TGN, here the torrent i downloaded became EXTREMELY useful, by the way, i got that torrent from great pinay friend here in NL who was ahead of me. (i honestly cannot remember the name of the torrent, but you can message me and i will ask my friend to send me the link again)
in TGN, you will hear a couple of dutch sentences which are SPOKEN AT NATIVE TONGUE SPEED! and you must try to at least mimic it. the naar nederlands kit is spoken too slow thus, this will not give you enough practice.

last (and the second easiest)
GBL, this is where you will be handed a booklet, and you will need to follow the instruction given by the consul (or the voice over the microphone? cant really remember) if you can read dutch words properly, then you'll be perfectly fine here.

all in all, for me, the exam was quite easy. (not being mayabang or anything) just practice a lot with your man or any other native dutch speaker you can find. im sure you will be able to ace it.

if you have other questions, dont hesitate to message me. :)

Hi met4, or what is really your name?(if i may ask).

Thank you so much for that information. I am glad to know it from you because I am currently memorizing the 100 questions in Naar Nederland.

I'd like to ask you if this exercises are also part of the exam (please see link) - exercisesinburgering.nl/inburgering-buitenland/zinnen-herhalen/01-06.

Regards,

Jovie

the link seems to be broken as i cannot open it. i didnt do any online exercises, all i did was purely listening and mimic (and a little bit of trying to understand) the material i had.

this, btw, i HIGHLY SUGGEST you download and put it on your phone/mp3 player and listen to it every chance you get: kickass.to/toets-gesproken-nederlands-18-oefentoetsen-t3023637.html[/color]

that torrent is a life saver as it is literally how the test goes on the TGN part. when you first listen to this, you will get very intimidated as the audio is at native tongue speed, but believe me, if you master this, you will have absolutely nothing to worry about during the exam.

succes!

Hi met, thank you so much for your reply, is it ok if you send the link in my FB?because its an error when i tried to open it.

Thank you so much (btw, my FB is [email protected]).

Regards,

Jovie

Hi Jovie,
How is your exam preparation going? I took my exam on 4th April. And i was panicking and had to breath in so hard. I passed with a high score!!. I had earlier read this post, and comments from other members, and true enough the link of TGN from torrents was really helpful. Though i couldnt open it, i found similar link: educatiefcentrum.com/cursussen/oefeningen/toets-gesproken-nederlands.
It really helped me and i practiced with the 18 tests and scored myself .
If you have not done the exam yet,you can follow the link.
success!

Hello, i would like to know if anybody from here had recently Inbrugerung Exam ?
Is anybody from Serbia maybe? Thanks in advance!

Hi Jovie,

I intend to pass the inburgerinexamen this september. I tried to download the toets gesproken nederlands 18 oefentoetsen but none of the link did not open. I do have an apple macbook pro and i am thinking whether this could be the only reason, or maybe none of those links does not open.

could you please share with this which materials/links did you use, how many hours per day (i presume you created yourself a self-study programme) and any other tips and tricks? one more question i do have: i bought welkom in nederlands 2014 KNS examen and i am wondering how much should we memorise from that book?

many thanks in advance,
remila

Hi,

Thank you so much for the link, it is exactly the same contents of the CD from my friend in Netherland. I know it will help me a lot.

Regards,

Jovie

Hi Remelia,

Its nice to hear from you that we have the same goal and that to pass the inburgering exam, though my plan to take the exam will be next year. I have some obligation to finish here in the Philippines before i move to NL and so i guess next year plan is enough for me to prepare for the exam.

Anyway, other member forum have had just sent this link for me to practise on http://educatiefcentrum.com/cursussen/o … ederlands, maybe you can try as well. Its contents is really similar to the CD sent by my friend from Netherland, though, the one she have had sent to me has more exercises than this link.

Anyway, though, im so busy here in the office, as much as possible, i take time to study about the dutch language. I work Mon-Saturday (7:30am-4:30pm). So, normally i started my learning lesson 7pm until 10 pm; i do it daily. I am done on memorization on 100 questions and answer at the NAAR NEDERLAND BOOK (according to my friend who had just passed the inburgering exam; its better to memorize it all because the 30 questions during the actual exam comes from that 100 of it). Currently, i'm listening the audio of repeating sentences and answering short questions exercises. I'll try to transfer the data from CD to my laptop so that i can share it to you.

Regards,

Jovie

Hi all friends,
I too am going to face the exam. My fiance says I can do it in Netherlands but I prefer to try it here in Sri Lanka. I haven't bought any self study pack yet. As it is very difficult language, I am scared. I tried Jovie's link but it doesn't work for me :( I too am working day time so have to manage time very wisely.
Please share your learning with me too.
Thanks
Mal

Hi Mal,

I just want to share with you what a friend did share to me. She took the exam last September 3, 2014 and she passed it and even got a B2 level result, i guess that level means proficient level. The link that i have shared in the above conversation was useful to her plus she also bought a study course online called Dutchtutor (maybe you will consider doing it so).

And effective November 1,2014, there will be changes in unburgering exam (you can copy this link for reference- http://www.government.nl/news/2014/09/2 … broad.html)

What does the new basic exam look like?

All the exam modules are taken by computer.

Fluency (until 1 November TGN) comprises two parts:
A) Question-Answer: The candidate receives questions and has to formulate his/her own answers.
B) Completing sentences: The candidate hears a short sentence, followed by the first part of a sentence the candidate has to complete.

Reading proficiency (until 1 November GBL) comprises two parts:
A) The candidate hears a word and chooses from four written answer options + the candidate reads a word and chooses from four spoken answer options.
B) In this part, the candidate sees reading texts on the screen; two multiple choice questions are asked with three or four answer options.

Knowledge of Dutch society:
The candidate sees photos and reads the questions. The questions are also spoken in a slow tempo. The candidate sees and hears two answer options.

I am still on my Dutch lesson, though, it changes every time but I guess continue learning even without taking the exam yet will help us familiarize the basic Dutch and will be easier for us to communicate when we'll be there.

Good luck to us.

Regards,

Jovie

Hi jovie,
I just read all the comments here in Expat.com..I find it very interesting since I also have Dutch partner..by the way I'm from Bohol..I am also planning to take the exam next year..maybe I can ask some advices from you about the exam..thanks..have a nice day

Regards,
Vanz

Hi Vanz,

Thanks for the message, as i have stated above, starting November 1, 2014, examination will be change nevertheless KNS (Knowledge of Dutch Society) will still be part of it. In the Naar Nederland CD with a book, it has 100 questions and answers with photos (we must memorize it all) because the 30 questions during the exam will be selected from that 100 questions.

What does the new basic exam look like?
All the exam modules are taken by computer.

Fluency (until 1 November TGN) comprises two parts:

A) Question-Answer: The candidate receives questions and has to formulate his/her own answers.
B) Completing sentences: The candidate hears a short sentence, followed by the first part of a sentence the candidate has to complete.

Reading proficiency (until 1 November GBL) comprises two parts:

A) The candidate hears a word and chooses from four written answer options + the candidate reads a word and chooses from four spoken answer options.

B) In this part, the candidate sees reading texts on the screen; two multiple choice questions are asked with three or four answer options.

Knowledge of Dutch society:
The candidate sees photos and reads the questions. The questions are also spoken in a slow tempo. The candidate sees and hears two answer options.

My preparation to read or pronounce the Dutch word correctly is by studying the Basic Grammar of Dutch where you will see how you will pronounce each word by syllable. Dividing the word into syllable has 4 rules:

1. Rule I
If two vowels are separated by only one consonant, the consonant forms the beginning of the second syllable.
EXAMPLE: (moeten------------  moe-ten------------(english: to have to)
2.Rule II
If vowels are separated by more than one consonant, the first syllable gets one consonant, the second the rest:
EXAMPLE: (paarden------------ paar-den-----------(english: horses)
3. Rule III
A compound word consists of two or more separate words. We split the compound word at the boundaries between the original words, thus leaving the original completely intact.
EXAMPLE: (koopakte----------koop-ak-te--------(english: contract)
4.Rule IV
"Ease of pronunciation"
This is what we do in general but if the next syllable starts with a sequence of consonants that is hard to pronounce, we place one (or more, if necessary) of the consonants at the end of the preceding syllable. So what do Dutch speakers find difficult to pronounce? In general, they consider combinations like rts, mbt, lfts or rwt hard to pronounce.
EXAMPLE: (erwten------------erw-ten------------(english: peas)

Hi jovie!!
Thank you so much for the reply..it really helps me to understand more about the exam..thanks for your time..you take care and God bless you always...😚😘

Vanz:)

Hello vanz, how did the inburgering exams went?

Hi Jaimilee,
I didn't take the exam yet..It will be next year :) thanks . Take care.

Hello! Ohh ok because me i am thinking of doing this exams as i am married to  a dutch citizen and i would like to know how it goes for the one who just took it, Take care you too :) and good luck!

hi  met sorry i wasnt able to reply on inbox (it says i cannot temporarily send private messages dahil new member ako) it will be after few hours pa daw before fully activated. anyway i have B2 niveau for my language i did it in Belguim intensieve course 5 months then i took Interuniversitaire taaltest Nederlands voor Anderstaligen (ITNA). This was required before i can enroll a course in Belguim. Pls excuse my english, its now not really good after concentrating the new language: Nederlands.

:) hi! and hello! everyone!
                                       I'm newly  member here...I'm looking forward to meet and have friends here in this blog...i was planning to take also the exam in the dutch embassy and to be honest i'm not yet prepared.I find it really hard the way they pronounce the words...my husband bring me to some dutch tutorial but i find it more on self study and i feel desperate to learn the language,pls...is there anyone who can help me to  give an idea on how the exam will go..I'm hoping to hear from you guys,thank you...

hi! vanz27,
             how are you?i just read your blog regarding sa exam,im newly member of this blog.
Just want to know if you already took the exam in the dutch embassy?the same like you I'm  also married  with a dutch and now were planning to move to Netherlands soon to be with my hubby,but i have to go through the examination in the embassy..just want to know if u have already an idea on how the exam will goes?and what are the preparation you did before ka nag exam..god bless u sis.

Hi!Everyone!!Does anybody here could give some reference about dutch language?I want myself to learn this language so in time,i'm prepared enough to take the Inburgering exam.I just hope you guys can recommend me some facts or share some files..Thank you so much!

Hi there!May i ask that torrent file from you and if its possible other files that it could help me for my dutch exam preparation..Thank you so much!!

Hi there,

You can try the website: duolingo.com.  It is a free website and you can learn almost any language there.

Filipina here also. Im now taking the inburgering course here in netherland that will take from 9 to 12 months of studying. After the studies is an examination in zwolle. That exam will determine if i will stay longer or my stay will be cut short to just 3 years. They said that its also an inburgering exam. Please i need some tips on how the exam goes because in a few months i need to take already the exam and im really nervous about it..i dont have any idea if its gonna be as easy as the exam i took in the embassy of netherlands in the Philippines. Please help me.
Thank you in advance.

Hi everyone! I'm trying to pass my inburgering exam in the Netherlands in order to get Dutch passport. I didn't have any specific inburgering courses, just had the language course at the school for the foreigners that want to learn Dutch. Can you please share your experience with inburgering exam? Does anyone have inburgering books as I would like to buy them.

Thanks in advance!

Can you share the link for the torrent please. I need it so much and thanks in advance

Hi there,

I am currently in South Africa and I am hoping to move to the Netherlands to join my boyfriend in early 2016.

I need to take the inburgering exam and I am not sure how to prepare for it, I am waiting for the Naar Nederlands study material. do you guys have any tips?

I understand quite a bit of dutch due the fact that is very similar to Afrikaans a language widely spoken in SA, I am worried about the spoken exam though as pronunciation is quite different

any tips/help will be really appreciated :)

Hi Masho,

We are South African too and currently living in the Netherlands and although you may think that Dutch is similar to Afrikaans, you'd be wrong.  Some of the vocab is the same but that's pretty much where the similarity ends. The grammar is different and sometimes words which sound and are spelled the same in Dutch and Afrikaans have VERY different meanings eg "vaak" in Afrikaans means 'tired' and in Dutch means 'often'.

Having said that, google Duolingo and try their free Dutch lessons....it's a great place to start to get the basics.  You can also attempt the free practice exams on the Naarnederland . nl website.

Good luck!

Hi, I wanted to ask where did you got your kit i mean the naar nederland kit? Are you using one?

Hello sis, saan ka naka kuha ng naar nederland kit?

As this is an Anglophone forum only English is the language we are using here so everyone has the chance to understand what is written and participate when needed.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Hi there

Thanks for the information, much appreciated

I have been working on Duolingo for the last 3 months and i quite like it as it is comprehensive and takes the learner step by step

I got my Naar Nederlands kit 2 weeks ago and I must say i'm quite bored, I find it very elementary :):) but I blame Duolingo for this. I keep waiting for the big surprise and so far nothing, maybe my brain is over active

Hi Met,

Good day. I have read your post and im on self study right now for inburgering exam. May i ask your help about that TGN torrent kickass you download? I hope you can share the link here.

Your response is much appreciated :)
Thanks in advance,

Ama

Haha..i can relate to your feelings. Best wishes for the exam.

hi im a pilipina who wants to go to Netherlands. my boyfriend wants me to take inburgering so I can apply for mvv visa can somebody help me to have an idea how that it go. they said basis inburgering exam now is different where can I get the reviewer. Thank you

hi did you already take the inburgering exam can yyou give me some tips as im planning to take the exam
thank you

Hi Jovie, how was your exam? I'm also looking for some shared experience on Inburgering exams, just trying to add you on FB. Please accept that? Thanks load!

Hi. Iam Zambian. I just did the exam on 24th November and waiting for results. Its not too difficult. Its the same way as on... www.inburgening.nl  please check and practice. Will post results later. I did all the 5 exams in one day.

hi all