INFORMATION OF MEDAN, INDONESIA

I just arrived Medan in Monday.
Which is popular currency here? Could USD can use as main money? Which the best bank we can exchange USD/Indonesian Rupee? Which ATM we can withdraw money with USD or Indonesian Rupee with lowest fee and the best safety?
I am staying here until Sunday. If available, please have coffee in evening. I am in SANTIKA DYANDRA HOTEL & CONVETION MEDAN

All is paid in local currency Indonesian Rupiah, I would always try and exchange USD or any other hard currency at one of the authorized money changer not in a bank because exchange rates will be better.

Also you can use your credit card (I assume you have one) in most places so no need to exchange to much in cash considering that you just stay in Medan a few days.

Hello Happyhour,

Until now, I read your reply but too late. Yes, now I noticed it is not easy for exchange USD to Indonesian Rupiah. This morning, on the road from my hotel (Santika) to Jalan Bintang..., I be dropped by taxi driver at BNI (Bank) and UOB (Bank also), two places also said that if I want to exchange USD to Indonesian Rupiah, I need to go to head office of Medan, the branch could not exchange.

Taxi driver also not allow to pay by Visa Card or USD.

Now I think, experience should be exchange something at Airport and cash withdraw at VISA ATM.