MRT - Underground Work Jakarta

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2014 … tarts.html

During the period of construction the traffic will get worse, they should have started 20 years ago.....a nightmare ahead.

Let's hope no office building will collapse and that the raining season will be banned by the new Government thus no flooding anymore.

I've used the London underground many times.
I'm unsure I would use this one.
"Tidak apa apa" just doesn't work on a project that requires extreme safety standards and a very professional attitude in every aspect of the construction.

I wish you guys all the luck in the world with this "proyek."  Old US military terms like SNAFU and FUBAR immediately come to mind.

Ubudian wrote:

I wish you guys all the luck in the world with this "proyek."  Old US military terms like SNAFU and FUBAR immediately come to mind.

The monorail comes to mind.
More seriously, if the corruption and crappy building standards are booted out in favour of brains and quality standard enforcement, no worries.
The real question is, will they?

This building site in Bintaro cost a life because the cross members weren't secured properly, so it fell on a guy's head and killed him.
As you can see from the other pieces, it wasn't a one off error, more people didn't care.

http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd475/FredinIndonesia/P2160015.jpg

"The real question is, will they?"

YUP!  That's the bottom line alright.

Our niece Sita is doing her internship in JKT these days, so, while I normally don't think much about what is going on there, I do now.

How many years they do work on the Monorail already, they should finish that project first before starting with the MRT.

But never mind...we will see la  :unsure

As you know Tom, that's exactly what they did in Bangkok...and it seems to work there just fine.

That's true Roy, in Bangkok it's fine but I still have my doubts about the MRT project in Jakarta. So many factors need to be considered and also know how of the project owner.

Tom, I think your doubts and concerns about what an MRT system will work out to be in Jakarta are very soundly based. 

This is long, long overdue for certain.