Investment Visa for Ecuador (Questions/Stories)

Hi

Has anyone Immigrated to Ecuador on Investor Visa ?

I am planning to Migrate to Ecuador and it would be great if I could get some information/ Personal Stories regarding Immigration.

Thanks All

YES I HAVE ONE.IT USED TO BE 1500$ WHEN I GOT IT.NOW IT IS I BELIEVE AROUND 30,000$-TO BE PUT IN CD IN BANK.BEFORE YOU COULD COME ON TOURIST VISA AND GET IT BUT NOW I BELIEVE IT MUST BE DONE IN COUNTRY OF ORIGIN AT ECUADOR EMBASSY OR CONSULATE.THE COST FOR VISA IS OR WAS AROUND 1000$.

ANOTHER ALTERNATIVE IS BUY HOUSE OR APARTMENT -WHICH CAN BE AROUND $25000TO GET VISA

QUITO ECUADOR HAS GREAT WEATHER MAYBE BEST IN WORLD.USES DOLLAR IS BASICALLY SAFE AND FOOD AND APARTMENTS ARE RELATIVELY CHEAP.AND MAYBE BEAUTIFUL CITIES SITES BEACHES AND HUMMINGBIRDS GALORE IN QUITO JUNGLE AND COAST AREAS
BE GLAD TO SHOW YOU AROUND  HELP WITH VISA BANKS APARTMENTS SCHOOLS  HONEST LAWYER ETC BUT  MY WIFE AND I WOULD CHARGE SOMETHING FOR TIME AND EFFORT. IF INTERESTED
DANN
[email protected]
:)

Do you help if we ask you for example to rent a small furnsihed  Appartment in the city center near the malls, hospital, police station,schools   Find a honest lawer....

Please advise more details what you can do or help
[email protected]

Please, check goodlifeinecuador at wordpress. We got my husband´s investor visa by ourselves. BTW, if you buy a piece of real estate, that is your investment!

DANNG wrote:

YES I HAVE ONE.IT USED TO BE 1500$ WHEN I GOT IT.NOW IT IS I BELIEVE AROUND 30,000$-TO BE PUT IN CD IN BANK.BEFORE YOU COULD COME ON TOURIST VISA AND GET IT BUT NOW I BELIEVE IT MUST BE DONE IN COUNTRY OF ORIGIN AT ECUADOR EMBASSY OR CONSULATE.THE COST FOR VISA IS OR WAS AROUND 1000$.

ANOTHER ALTERNATIVE IS BUY HOUSE OR APARTMENT -WHICH CAN BE AROUND $25000TO GET VISA

QUITO ECUADOR HAS GREAT WEATHER MAYBE BEST IN WORLD.USES DOLLAR IS BASICALLY SAFE AND FOOD AND APARTMENTS ARE RELATIVELY CHEAP.AND MAYBE BEAUTIFUL CITIES SITES BEACHES AND HUMMINGBIRDS GALORE IN QUITO JUNGLE AND COAST AREAS
BE GLAD TO SHOW YOU AROUND  HELP WITH VISA BANKS APARTMENTS SCHOOLS  HONEST LAWYER ETC BUT  MY WIFE AND I WOULD CHARGE SOMETHING FOR TIME AND EFFORT. IF INTERESTED
DANN
[email protected]
:)

Could you please not post in uppercase as it is rude and considered to be the same as shouting at someone. Thank you for your understanding.

I've heard stories about people buying land in the countryside that is obviously quite cheap and then have the value of property changed to $25000 by municipalities just to become eligible for residency visas. Has anyone heard of that as well...? Apparently it's done with no problem and municipality is happy to help...

My husband and I bought a piece of real estate. The oficce in the municipality ask us: What value you want me to put on the deed? Are you using it for visa?

Hi MariaPia,
The plan is to buy a bit of land (2,3ha)in the countryside within an hours drive from Cuenca, settle down and start living off the grid so we'd like to apply for residency visas as well. We'd like to go in February next year and the budget for land itself is about $10.000...
Your input and replies are much appreciated... :top:

Hi,
Actually one of my friend doing this process, if u want I can suggest to him...

Did you mean that he can be hired for helping people get through the process or is he going through with it himself...?
Well either way I'd be interested to hear whatever he has to say... ;)
Cheers for that...

We have an investment visa. I wrote a Blog post of our experiences.
The first is regarding our application- read post below
http://uwepetrastravelyear.blogspot.com … chive.html

Good luck- just make sure you have ALL your paperwork & speak Spanish or have someone with you who does.

First you come to Ecuador and open a bank account, then you can wire the required fund to qualify for the visa. For one person it is $25,000 US and for every dependent add $500. If you decide to stay and purchase property, you can change the visa to reflect the change in investment.

Just wondering if me and my girlfriend buy land and get it evaluated at $25000 so we can ask for residency. Can we both use this investment for our respective applications or does one of us qualify to be the other ones dependent...?

DEAR SAMER
I HAVE HAD SOME 26 YEARS OF OFF AND ON LIVING IN ECUADOR. I DONT SPEAK BY ANY MEANS PERFECT SPANISH BUT I CAN BE UNDERSTOOD AND MAKE MYSELF UNDERSTOOD.MY WIFE WHO HAS BEEN HERE ONLY 8 YEARS SPEAKS FAR BETTER SPANISH THAN ME.
WE WOULD BOTH BE HELPING ANYONE INTERESTED TO MAKE ADJUSTMENTS TO ECUADOR. AND HELPING OTHER PEOPLE TO MOVE HERE.
AS FOR APARTMENTS WE HAVE A WEALTH OF EXPERIENCE  IN LIVING ALL OVER QUITO SO WE HAVE PRETTY GOOD IDEA OF COSTS AND THE SAFE AREAS TO LIVE IN. NEAR MALLS POLICE SCHOOLS AND MOST IMPORTANT ASPECT OF ALL IN MY OPINION NEAR GOOD TRANSPORTATION AND BUSES TO GET AROUND CITY.FOR .25 CENTS YOU GO ALL OVER QUITO WITH FREE TRANSFERS
.THERE ARE NUMEROUS MALLS THAT ARE GREAT WITH INEXPENSIVE FOOD COURT.
THE LAWYER IS A NECESSITY.IT TOOK ME A NUMBER OF YEARS TO FIND HONEST LAWYER THAT WASNT GOING TO OVERCHARGE THE GRINGO.AFTER SOME YEARS OF LISTENING TO HIS ADVICE AND CHARGES I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM..
I CONSULTED WITH MORE THAN 25 LAWYERS AND REALIZED WITH THEIR CHARGES AND ADVICE THAT THEY WERE BASICALLY CROOKS AND  WOULD SQUEEZE EVERY LAST PENNY OUT OF YOU IF THEY COULD.
HOPEFULLY YOU WONT EVER NEED HIM BUT YOU MAY DECIDE TO BUY PROPERTY OR HAVE HIM MAKE RENTAL CONTRACT OR SOME MATTER WITH VISA OR UNEXPECTED PROBLEM WITH IMMIGRATION LAWS.THEN HE WILL REALLY BE USEFUL.I ALWAYS GET CLEAR WHAT HIS FEES ARE IN ADVANCE AND THAT IS IT.OTHER LAWYERS WILL BE RATHER NEBULOUS AND THEN YOU END UP PAYING HIM  A SMALL FORTUNE.
I HAVE HAD FRIENDS PAY UP TO 10000 DOLLARS FOR A VISA AND THAT IS OUTRAGEOUS.
NOW I DONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THE MESS OF DEALING WITH LAWYERS THAT SINCE I  HAVE FOUND MY LAWYER WITH TOTAL INTEGRITY.AND  FRIEND WHO IS TRULY CONCERNED FOR ME MY WIFE AND KIDS BEST INTERESTS AND WELL BEING.HE DOESNT SPEAK ENGLISH BUT WE WOULD BE THERE FOR ANY TRANSLATIONS..
EXCUSE ME WRITING IN CAPS.IT IS A VERY  BAD HABIT AND NEXT TIME I WONT AS I HAVE ALREADY OFFENDED THIS WEBSITE.
SINCE ECUADOR IS THIRD WORLD COUNTRY YOU HAVE TO HAVE LOTS OF PATIENCE IN MOST THINGS YOU DO HERE.
  I NAVE FOUND THAT FOR ME AND MY WIFE WE ARE VERY PLEASED WITH THE MEDICAL  CARE FOR AND KIDS WHICH IF YOU DONT HAVE INSURANCE IS FREE.ONCE YOU HAVE RESIDENCY.
THE MONTHLY COSTS ARE VERY INEXPENSIVE COMPARED TO USA IF YOU WANT PRIVATE INSURANCE
DAN

Hello DANNG  :cheers:

Could you please avoid to write with your caps lock on? It is considered as shouting on the forum and also it makes it harder for members to be able to read it.

Thank you  :top:

Kenjee

What is the name of the lawyer you use and do you know anything about work as a teacher? 

You can reply at [email protected]

Thank you,
Chris

Hello,
Please check olx.com.ec Iast Night I saw few ads of land for sale. Not that cheap, but theree is some ads.

olx.com.ec
There is one

Sponytom wrote:

Just wondering if me and my girlfriend buy land and get it evaluated at $25000 so we can ask for residency.

So you're saying about the land you would buy for 10K, you would then get it "evaluated" at 25K, and you'd like to know if that would pass muster with the Ecuadorian government for a permanent residency visa.

Sorry, they are not that dumb.

Hi Elvis...:-)
It's not my idea. I have done a lot of research since that post and apparently that's what a lot of people have done without any trouble, quite the opposite... Municipality happily helped...
Isn't that great..?

Sponytom wrote:

It's not my idea. I have done a lot of research since that post and apparently that's what a lot of people have done without any trouble, quite the opposite... Municipality happily helped...
Isn't that great..?

Hmm, buy a lot for 10K, get the municipality to officially value it at 25K, pass muster with the immigration officials, get investment-visa residency.  This I'd like to see.

Seriously, I'd like to see you pull it off.

You certainly have the right attitude, Tom.  I'm rooting for you.

Post it here when you get it done, so I can eat crow.

Sponytom wrote:

Isn't that great..?

Usually people ask the municipality to put only the tax value, not the commercial value.
When we bougth a piece of land the people at the municipality ask me if I want them to put 25k value. I said: What for?
They said: Well, if you are applying for visa, you can use this deed as an investment of (at least) 25k like is required by the gov.

But, I have a suggestion:
If you know about a piece of land for sale that you want to buy, go first to the municipality and ask them if they can do this 25k (or whatever the investment needs to be) for you in order to apply for your visa/

In Ecuador, things changes very often (because the law needs to be adjust accord what plans the gov has)