How to dress for a Montreal winter

I've written a fun guide on how to dress for a Montreal winter. I have learned a lot after moving here from England two years ago. For instance I thought I owned a winter coat. Turns out I did not. I had to go out and buy something MUCH warmer. You cannot underestimate how cold it can get but dress well, get out and enjoy it!  Read my advice here...
Dear England, Love Canada

Jeremie

I would recommend you have a good, warm winter coat before you arrive. If it is full-length then that would be perfect. You can worry about the rest when you get here. I don't believe in spending lots of money on special clothing but a coat is your most important item . As I say in my blog - layers will serve you well! Good luck. PS it's sunny and 17C here today. Our last day of belated-summer I think. They are talking about snow at the weekend.
Anne Dear England, Love Canada

viewfromalake wrote:

I've written a fun guide on how to dress for a Montreal winter. I have learned a lot after moving here from England two years ago. For instance I thought I owned a winter coat. Turns out I did not. I had to go out and buy something MUCH warmer. You cannot underestimate how cold it can get but dress well, get out and enjoy it!  Read my advice here...
Dear England, Love Canada

In my first winter in Montreal was -43C...I was so happy in late May when the snow was finally melting :D
But even when outside is a "freezing hell" ;) inside my soul is calm and warm...in the end, life is still good here:)

canadianus.blogspot.com

I've found that the selection of coats, hats, scarves, and especially boots is amazing here in Montreal. However, things are much more expensive here than they were where I lived in the States.

hi guys
i am going to come to montreal in at most 6 months,how to dress coz my two kids will accompamy me?