Ecuador beachfront property S.A.

Does anyone here know of this company or have any dealings with them
The name of the owners are Tom and Lynn Saunders

Ecuador beachfront property and Tom Saunders are planning to build condos in San Clemente  called  Ensenada del Paciifco and pre selling them right now.

Listen do yourself a favor and buy a standing finished home. The field is littered with bodies of folks like yourselves.
Do what you want but, I'd hate to add you to the other 2 or 300 I've read about!

Do you know American title Insurance will underwrite finished homes in CA? Not certain of Ecuador but I belive they may. If not, do your homework look around and don't belive any agent that says it isn't necessary everyone here is honest. Thats what Wilkes told Abe! Take every step to minimize your potential losses.
In doing your research you'd better do your homework and get an A because a B almost certainly makes you one of those we'll be reading about.

timo31750 wrote:

Listen do yourself a favor and buy a standing finished home. The field is littered with bodies of folks like yourselves.
Do what you want but, I'd hate to add you to the other 2 or 300 I've read about!

As an ex-builder/developer (many years in the biz), there is a way to satisfy both parties by putting the deposit in trust with 'your' lawyer (not the developer's), and then usually, depending on developer's credit-worthiness, this will assist the developer with his construction loan financing.
Personally I would never pre-buy if the funds are not secured...too many things can go wrong, and often do.
James

Well now James, that would be to logical a thing for most people to do, but sound advice. Am reminded about the old saying of a fool and their money.

Anybody on this forum bought  a condo in Ensenada del Pacifico in San Clemente?
Want to talk to about it and about living / moving to San Clemente

Sounds like you're getting a little ahead of yourself. Bring a tent and see what develops.

Quite a mayor you've got there in Toronto James. Do you suppose he might run for national office?

suefrankdahl wrote:

Sounds like you're getting a little ahead of yourself. Bring a tent and see what develops.

Quite a mayor you've got there in Toronto James. Do you suppose he might run for national office?

hehe.. I dunno, how do ya think he'd look in lipstick?

suefrankdahl wrote:

I heard he might take a crack at it.

James-Esq wrote:
suefrankdahl wrote:

hehe.. I dunno, how do ya think he'd look in lipstick?

Like a sow with an apple in it's mouth...a helium balloon in a drunken stupor?

mugtech wrote:
suefrankdahl wrote:

Just needs better PR people, new videos, do all his photo ops sitting down.

Dont you like the idea of look around, touch it, feel it and then, decide?
I took a look at their website and I would prefer take a look first, see the town (if there is one), what is around, if there is a Health Center, grocery store, or if will have to travel for groceries once a week or 2 times monthly or if the only groceries available is from this real estate owner and I will pay "special price"
Also, ask prices  for real estate to the locals, what they have to say, what is their experience, etc
If you are not in Ecuador, ask for recomendations and hire someone who can go look for you and tell you later.
Just be carefull. I met a Russian Guy who was paying $80 dayly, yes dayly! Plus accomodation+food+all expenses to a gringo couple in order to travel with him. They told him he needs "protection" Its "Too dangerous" You will pay "gringo tax" He was told by this couple. Finally he decided to go by himself and sometimes with us for the rest of his trip in Ecuador. Nothing bad happen to him, he made a lot of new friends, we look at real estate, we ask prices, we eat a lot like crazys ;) Now he is coming back in few days for more!

suefrankdahl wrote:
mugtech wrote:
suefrankdahl wrote:

This story continues to have legs. I refrained from reply earlier because what the heck is the mayor of Toronto doing in this thread anyway, i guess the answer is that he's an international embarrassment, and well, since I am Canadian..

Today he bolted down the aisle in a mad rage and knocked over a councilor woman, also very weighty. It looked like two bumper cars colliding, hilarious - just as city council striped him of all his powers except maybe ribbon-cutting. Its become an entertaining circus that contests all mayors everywhere. No mayor can appear this ridiculous without winning some sort of prize. The Ford Follies continue.

James-Esq wrote:
suefrankdahl wrote:
mugtech wrote:

This story continues to have legs. I refrained from reply earlier because what the heck is the mayor of Toronto doing in this thread anyway, i guess the answer is that he's an international embarrassment, and well, since I am Canadian..

Today he bolted down the aisle in a mad rage and knocked over a councilor woman, also very weighty. It looked like two bumper cars colliding, hilarious - just as city council striped him of all his powers except maybe ribbon-cutting. Its become an entertaining circus that contests all mayors everywhere. No mayor can appear this ridiculous without winning some sort of prize. The Ford Follies continue.

No it really doesn't belong on this thread but...On Amercan TV they did play the video of him knocking down the councilwoman over and over again as well as his previous vulgar remarks   made on live TV. We also learned yesterday that he will be getting his own TV show.

I think we (Americans)  enjoy a good scandal ESPECIALLY to do with politicians and particularly
sexual indiscretions (eg. Anthony Weiner who ultimately did resign from Congress but had the unrepentant audacity to run for mayor of NYC; the former mayor of San Diego who also took a considerable amount of time to resign) Rob Ford, by comparison is just a loveable buffoon.

Sarah Palin who was a national embarrassment was successfully muzzled until the presidential campain was over. She continues to say stupid things but like your Rob Ford remains popular among certain groups. I'm sure she will help the Republican Party raise lots of money for the 2016 campaign.

suefrankdahl wrote:

We also learned yesterday that he will be getting his own TV show.

Update on that; the network cancelled the show today, less than 24hrs after the first episode ran..

James-Esq wrote:
suefrankdahl wrote:

Update on that; the network cancelled the show today, less than 24hrs after the first episode ran..

I heard that had happened. Did you see the show? Wonder what he said. The commentary down here was how boring Canadian politics generally are and that's why he's so much fun to watch.

suefrankdahl wrote:
James-Esq wrote:
suefrankdahl wrote:

I heard that had happened. Did you see the show? Wonder what he said. The commentary down here was how boring Canadian politics generally are and that's why he's so much fun to watch.

That is the whole problem, politics is supposed to be boring, just get the job done.  It is like complaining that your plumber is boring, all he does is get your house running smoothly again.  Why does everything have to be entertaining?

Hi All,

Please note that some posts are off-topic!

Politics is a subject that is very difficult to discuss on Expat.com.

We always invite our members not to debate on this topic because we are not competent enough to tackle it.

So I urge you to focus on the original topic of this thread please in order to help Rafi46.

Thank you,

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team

My wife and I visited Ecuador last August and loved it.  After three days in Quito, we spent the rest of our two weeks there driving and visiting the coast from Salinas in the south to Canoa in the North.  We are going back again next July.  Our plan is to winter in Ecuador when we retire, in six years.

San Clemente is a little fishing village of about 2,000 people.  But it is glued following the waterfront to two other little villages: San Elejo and San Jacinto.  Between the three villages, there are close to 6,000 people.  It takes about a half hour to walk along the beach from one end of the three villages to the other.  You can't tell where one village stops and the other starts.

Between the three villages, there are probably 20 restaurants, 8 to 10 Mom & Pop style grocery stores, a small pharmacy, a hardware store, a few beach type stores, etc.

We have bought a place in Ensenada del Pacifico.  We have toured the property.  It is there and real.  We also spoke to some of the residents in San Clemente about Tom and Lynn.  They are well known, and I did not hear a bad word about them.  I also Google'd them, and nothing evenly remotely negative came up.  They are U.S. expats, who have a real estate and development business on the coast.  Their website is:
http://ecuadorbeachfrontproperty.com/

I learned a lot about life in Ecuador and San Clemente by following Expat.coms.  You also learn a lot about the people.  Lynn's blog is:
http://ecuadorbeachfrontproperty.com/ecuadorblog/

The full information package on Ensenada del Pacifico is at the link below:
www.ecuadorbeachfrontproperty.com/ensenadadocument.html

Your funds are put into an escrow account managed by a 3rd party trust company, and only released to the builder as building conditions are met.

If you would like more information on San Clemente or Ecuador, reply with your e-mail address and I am more than happy to send you some of the stuff I have collected in the last year and a half.

Have a great day!
Rob

Curious, you are looking for a place to live for 3 months out of every 12?  Or perhaps Ottawa's winter is more than 3 months.  Do you plan to get 6 month visas each year?  What would be the additional cost to get an annual 6 month visa?

By buying property, we are eligible for the resident investor visa.  Haven't looked into all the requirements yet.

With said visa, is it not true that you cannot spend more than 90 days outside of Ecuador each of the first two years?

You are correct. 90 days per year allowed for the first 2 years.
ZenSPIKE

ZenSPIKE wrote:

You are correct. 90 days per year allowed for the first 2 years.
ZenSPIKE

Meaning Ottawa will have 9 month winters, that sounds about right.

Hallo,
I am dance teacher and choreographer from Serbia,now I live in Macedonia   with my family and I want to move to Ecuador in october. First i want to come with friend in july for 1 month to find a house on the coast for my family.Also,I want to  apply for investement visa .How I can transfer the money from Serbia to Ecuador,is it possible for stranger with turistic visa to open a bank account and to buy a property in Ecuador? Can you recommend the agency or person in Ecuador who performs legal services for residental visa and trusting real estate agencies?
Greetings

Welcome Danceprof, I am sure there will be people on here to answer your questions, help you with your problems.  Most would advise renting for at least 6 months before you buy housing, and your July trip is a good idea to get a lay of the land.  Good Luck!!

Please, check goodlifeinecuador in FB

You can open a bank account with a visa.  I went through an attorney in Manta the way I have moved money here is I write a check to myself, deposit in my bank account.  It takes 21 days to clear on the 22 day you have full use of funds.  Great advise to rent first while you look for property.

I think it is better to rent and not buy.  It only takes 90 days to get a Cedlua Card which enables you to stay without buying.  There is no risen to buy.  Why bring your money in then you need to you can bring just what you need and move money to islands you can get it and not loose.  Around her it is unstable.  Where you see high interest there is risk plus you have to pay complete cash for property and 5% to take it out again.  Now if you said you were going to buy in Austrialla wow I would not say a word.
It is good to put it in 3 economies but of course not Greece hahaha....Also unless it is difficult to get your paper work...let your lawyer here work everything our for your Cedula Card then you get to know the market before you but much much better then you can not be taken as badly.  careful no one is a real licensed Real Estate Dealer if you get that.

I have bought three pieces of property in Puerto Lopez overlooking the town with a million dollar view of the ocean and the money did I spend on it I could not have bought a  parking spot in California.  I only moved the amount of money in that I'm planning on using in the next 30 days.  my plan is to move here within the next two years full time beautiful country beautiful people and in million dollar view you can sit outside 365 days a year 24 hours a day and the most you ever need is a sweater or a fan

I've bought two properties on the water with no issues.  There are ways to protect yourself.  One is the use of escrow, or a 3rd party trust.  Another is to secure a mortgage on the property during construction.  You can still buy oceanfront property for under $100/sq. ft.  You won't be able to do that much longer.  By all means, visit and rent short term if you are not sure.  But if Ecuador is a long term project, you don't need to be afraid to buy.  Just do your due diligence, and make sure you are properly protected.  Read what I wrote earlier about Ensenada del Pacifico.

Totally agree with last two posters, for a long term it is excellent investment and it is hard to find ocean front property anywhere even close to what we paid in Ecuador

I don't mean to sound mean but I wouldn't let anyone have your money until the deed is being transferred. Just because a person is a lawyer doesn't mean he/she is honest. Just be careful! If it can go wrong, it will....

I know Tom and Lynn personally, I've never had any dealings with them about property but I can vouch they are decent people.

Second that.  I have heard of a lawyer who transferred all of his clients assets into his name.  Beware, beware.

It is always advised to NEVER invest in anything that is not yet built (even in North America) or to keep the money in escrow with your own lawyer. Whether they are crooks or not is irrelevant. Many well intentioned projects never get off the ground because of the difficulity of building in a Third World  country where North American developers are virtually lost . If they are in fact crooks I am sure you will never get the names and dates of the those that did invest and lost their money. Ecuador is not North Ameica and you have vitually no recourse in an Ecuadorian court As the gentleman suggested I would google the things he suggested.The Ecuadorian and Panamanian coasts are littered with undeveloped developments. Would you buy a car that was still on the drawing board?

Hi all,

We have removed some posts going against the website's policy.
As the thread is one year old and enough infos have been shared we suggest ending it here.

Thanks
Armand
Expat.com Team

Closed