Living and Working in Varna

It has been over 5 years my wife and I have moved here from UK...
Indian's by birth... although born in Kenya where we both did our studies and later moved to England... where we both met each other... Now since 2005 living in Varna and working with our own 2 companies firstly with real estate (sheen Limited) and second with Indian and British Food importing and supplying to restaurants and individuals (Sokoni Limited)
Both the companies are in Varna and soon opening one in Sofia

I guess if you want to know more you can write to us...

Have a great day and enjoy

sokoni why don't you share your experience with opening your business in Bulgaria? Tell us about some of the challenges and troubles you had to face, some of the things your find not as you expected? How is your business in general?

I hear many Brits that bought properties 4-5 years ago, are not just abandoning them and returning back to the UK, not even trying to sell them.

Hey Sokoni,

Habari,  Hope you are enjoying your stay in Verna,

Got the African flavo from the name Sokoni, Lived in E A for 8 years, 6 in Dar and 2 in Nairobi

Hows is living there with family, is it safe, hows the job scene and economy, cost of living.

I'm currently in Mumbai due to move to Sofia, 

too many Q i suppose

Curious me
[email protected]

I'm Malky, (although the username is already taken).  We've been here 5 years as well, although it's new card time.  I believe they are giving out 10 year ones now though?

I'd like to share my experiences with you (a lot bad and a lot good), so it's nice to be in amongst other likewise people.

I believe in laughter and getting on with people, which many who have been here couldn't do and have left).  Laughter is life.

Malky, (Malk, Malkthealk, and many other names that I won't type) :)

WorldExpat wrote:

sokoni why don't you share your experience with opening your business in Bulgaria? Tell us about some of the challenges and troubles you had to face, some of the things your find not as you expected? How is your business in general?

I hear many Brits that bought properties 4-5 years ago, are not just abandoning them and returning back to the UK, not even trying to sell them.

Sokoni Experience in BG when Brits are leaving everything and returning due to hard economy times

There is only one thing to add to this work hard and more harder during the hard times since the boat needs more power to stay afloat in high winds and tides... simply work harder and you will survive the hard times

Challenges never ends in a new country... language bearer we experienced is soon fading off as many people are speaking English (i mean locals now speak more English and with the introduction of English academy's more tend to join the classes as well as all major stores have some sort of English language classes introduced to their staff)

So to start with the language, then to understand the ways of working as every country is different and then understand the culture. For us the only thing which is still challenging is the Language all the rest we have adjusted too especially the business language of how things are done in Bulgaria

Troubles none faced personally but since we run a property business as well as the Food import Business we have had of many troubles. All I would say is stay out of trouble and the trouble will not find you. Also do not talk about others and no one will talk about you simple since all the talking sometimes does more harm then good.

Business is not all that great but as i mentioned in the first half one has to work harder and that is exactly what we are doing
From one shop in 2010 we managed to open another one and so we are working harder then before.

Brits who are abandoning and leaving have you personally asked many why? do you know why they are leaving? Well this is our experience and nothing against the people who came here with all their hard earned pension to live a better life then UK

Many who are leaving have been living on their pension. The young below 50's who are here once they left UK have never worked to earn any copper coins to make worth to stay here longer
Once you become lazy that is it so I am sorry for the people who are leaving for this reason

For some it is a matter of choice since the state schools are not that great here and the private ones all cannot afford so this is a matter of leaving due to family issues

Leaving due to health problems and all the health care

So one needs to understand why the Brits are going fade up off what.. the harsh winters, the strong sun, the life without enough pension to live on, the dry bank accounts as one never worked, the school, the medical care every one is different so i will not be the Judge only the people who are leaving can state it better... but one thing i will state do not blame it all to the opposite side since it takes 2 to tango...

Have a great life where ever you are and enjoy every second so long as you are there...

Hi,

I am from India and I am planning to come Bulgaria so is it possible to get job in malls or any supermarket in initial stage then can grow slowly and settle down in Bulgaria.

Abhay

abkusu030279 wrote:

Hi,

I am from India and I am planning to come Bulgaria so is it possible to get job in malls or any supermarket in initial stage then can grow slowly and settle down in Bulgaria.

Abhay

Unless you have a visa or work permit you will not find work. The jobs you are looking for can be done by locals so no business will employ a foreigner over a local.