Top hiring sectors in London

Hi,

let's talk about job opportunities in London.

What are the top hiring sectors?

And according to you, what are the most promising job sectors, which will keep creating jobs in London?

Thanks in advance for sharing your experience,

Julien

science and maths teachers,nurses, IT etc

Hi Julien, I am also curious about that topic.

vectone wrote:

Ah, medical and IT fields are indeed universal. Thank you for your answer.

But is the chance slim or big for hiring a foreigner in London (or UK in general)?

Slimmer. As they are trying to cut the number of immigrants. Immigration is a big topic (big problem) in England at the moment. Also many are out of work, so umemployment is another topic that is in need to be addressed (both of these topics obviously effect work opportunities for foreigners!). So unless someone has something that those unemployed don't have, their chances are very limited to be granted a work visa.

middleborn wrote:

Hi Julien, I am also curious about that topic.

vectone wrote:

Ah, medical and IT fields are indeed universal. Thank you for your answer.

But is the chance slim or big for hiring a foreigner in London (or UK in general)?

This site will give you some insight:

https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration/work-visas

Hello Zayn, thank you for your replies. Currently, I am an undergraduate student in Indonesia and planning to continue my study in UK, so I am curious about the situation there. Really appreciate your posts :)

Hi,

Do note that tuition fees have changed, since the last 2 years. I hope you've kept an update on that.

Zayn wrote:

Hi,
Do note that tuition fees have changed, since the last 2 years. I hope you've kept an update on that.

Why yes of course I am very much aware of that fact. Most of Indonesian graduate students in UK (or any other country) are recipients of various scholarships. So, like many students from middle class background here, I could not pursue a master degree abroad unless I got a scholarship. But thank you for your reminder, Zayn  :top:
(Well, I am afraid I am getting out of topic from this thread).

Carry on, everyone.

Ah I see. It was just recently I was talking to someone who is making plans to study here, and they didn't realize the tuition fees trebled. But I'm glad that won't be having an impact on you, hopefully you will be accepted for the scholarship. What do you intend to study? Which city, and which University?

Yes indeed like you said Zayn, the tuition fees for master degrees are swelling, not only in UK alone but worldwide as well. I read this 2013 article about master degrees in UK. It gives me more perspectives about the atmosphere there. The same trends occurred here (many undergraduate students prefer to continue their further study rather than enter the work field). But I'd like to have work experiences first here before taking a master degree abroad.

And thank you for the kind wish :) I do have several preferences, like MA in Strategic Marketing (LSBF), Tech Entrepreneurship (UCL), or any kind of digital marketing related. I'm using this site to dig out as much information as I could about the prospects of working temporarily in UK.

From my limited knowledge, I believe students are restricted in the number of hours they can work during their studies.  I think it's up to 20 hours (per week). Not sure! As for working after completing your studies, I'm not entirely sure about the requirements, but obviously it's allowed since some students go on to work. Here is the site which covers details about visa rules:

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat … mmigration

And you can contact them if you have questions to ask:

https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/

Good choices. UCL is a top university. Location is great. Hospital, transport, shops, all sorts of facilities & services that you would ever need is right beside it! Inside the University is amazing, everything you will need, will be found in it. I used to be part of UCL Judo, a group open to anyone to join in, students and non-students of the University. It's a good place.