Rent a flat or a house in the Cayman Islands

Finding a place to live is a priority when settling in the Cayman Islands. Your experience will be of a great help for the members who want to settle in the Cayman Islands.

Therefore, we have prepared some questions for you:

Which kinds of accommodation are available in the Cayman Islands?

Is it hard to find a flat or a house for rent in the Cayman Islands?

How to find a home in the Cayman Islands: classifieds, real estate portals, real estate agencies?

How much is the rental for a house, an apartment?

What are the formalities or the required documents for renting an accommodation?

Which advice would you give?

Thanks in advance for participating!

All kinds of accommodation are abundantly available here, from rooms in a house to luxurious apartments on the beach. Rents are lower than they used to be, and commensurate with wages. One can't (legally) come here as a visitor and look for work. Once you have a job, having applied from overseas, then look for a place to live.

:top:

I rented a studio on the beach at treasure island it's one of the cheapest places around it was 1500$ a month GC isn't cheap to live !

Depends on the area-I'm paying 1200CI for a 2 bed/2 bath  "on the bypass" and across from the dump, it was a short term lease til I got settled. Am moving to West Bay-on the water-for the same price, slighter smaller but literally oceanfront. And I know there are perceptions about WB but it's like anywhere else-just use your common sense. I come from a metropolitan area in the US so I don't expect crime free anything. Plus, most of my friends and coworkers live in WB and have had NO problems at all.

You can find anything from a studio to a luxurious mansion to rent here. I would suggest starting off with an all inclusive deal if you are a new comer. I believe the going rate for a studio is about CI$1000 per month. As for normal apartments, depending on the area, in George Town a 1 bed starts off at CI$800 a month, you can get lower prices if you are willing to live further from George Town area (prospect, savannah, bodden town, east end about 30 to 45 mins drive from GT) you can find something in the $400 - $600 range. West Bay also have good prices. If you can afford some luxury, then South Sound and Seven Mile Beach is your oyster. Rent here start from $1400 and up (up, up and away).

Electricity is VERY expensive here, so I find that paying a bit more to live by the water will save you a lot of money in the long run. The cool breeze eliminates the need for Air Con most of the day. And trust me, electricity WILL be your biggest expense.

I have a friend from Cuba (female aged 22) who is coming to the Cayman Islands to live for about 3 months and look for work. Any advice would be appreciated for low cost accomodation and possibilities for work. Thanks for any information you can offer.

Hello brushvirgo.

Please note that this thread is from 2012 :rolleyes:

Feel free to start a new topic on the Cayman Islands Forum.

Thanks

Karen

Hi Everyone
I got offered a job in the Cayman Islands, i don't know anybody there and need a place to stay, it could be share or even flat, and can you tell me how much i pay for rent, i got the job in Kirk Free port, but i need an answer asap, like tomorrow, thank you kindly if someone can give me an answer so quick, much appreciated, i am from South Africa, and i prefer to stay with a female.

Thanks
Taz

Taz. If you Google "New Resident Cayman" and "Ecay" and "Cayman News Service" you will find what is available for rent. There are plenty of Saffies here, and some of them are bound to be sharing accommodation.

Hi Gordon
Thank you so much for ur feedback, I will check out those sites know.

Taz

How to find a one room house for rent $400 a mouth in caymanisland

I have no idea what to expect

Hi Keon - you should post an advert in the Houses for rent in the Cayman Islands section please :)

I want somebody to help me look about a cayman island visa [Moderated : Please avoid your phone number over the forum] have your self a tremendous day... Love

Tevon odane anderson wrote:

I want somebody to help me look about a cayman island visa [Moderated : Please avoid your phone number over the forum] have your self a tremendous day... Love

So looking for free accommodation on top of the free air ticket as well ??

Tevon odane anderson wrote:

Cayman has a visa office in Kingston. You will have to go there in person, I'm told.

My wife has a newly renovated three-bedroom house in Lower Valley, for sale or rent - the latter at $1500 a month. It's out by the Clifton Hunter school, and ten minutes from the new Shetty Hospital.

Hello Gordon Barlow  :cheers:

Could you please place that advert in the proper field of the site please : Houses for rent in the Cayman Islands

Regards
Kenjee

Just want a cheap furnished room to rent, all inclusive, cheap!!

Just a room in a house is what I am looking for and what exactly do you call cheap? I have to find something before I go if I get accepted for the job I am after. Can you put me in touch with anyone:)?
I would be very grateful,
Sally

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : No free ads here please + register in the business directory
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Sorry Kenjee. But Christine's original post pretty much invited my response. Do I know of an apartment to rent? To which an answer of "Yes" would look rather abrupt, wouldn't it? I take your point about advertising, but should I have answered, "Yes, but I'm not going to tell you"?

Perhaps it would be helpful if you moderators could get together and agree to allow a bit of leeway, so that enquirers could be better served. Could you put the wheels in motion, please? Thanks.

Hi there. Is this still available for rent? Also how far is thianfrim Georgetown?

Thanks

No, it's rented now. You should say where on the Island you or your spouse will be working; it wouldn't make much sense to rent way a long way from the workplace. Also, this: in general, employers help their new workers to find a place to rent. Have you checked with yours? Lastly, how many children have you got, and how long is the contract for? The more information you give, the more someone (not just me) will be able to help you.

Thanks for your reply. My husband will be working in Georgetown.  I'm being proactive by doing some research. We will be there mid January.  Will ask him to check with his employer.  Thanks again!

Hi,
I need a shared accommodation to live in. Am visiting for a vacation

Hi,
Am coming around for vacation and I need a place to share. A place that is affordable and nice. I need a room that will accommodate 2 ladies. Around George Town or close to it.

Hello Neandna,

please drop an advert in the Housing in the Cayman Islands section of the website, you might get some offers.

all the best,
Bhavna

Neandna wrote:

Hi,
Am coming around for vacation and I need a place to share. A place that is affordable and nice. I need a room that will accommodate 2 ladies. Around George Town or close to it.

There are several Airb&b places on the Island these days. I don't know how to learn where they are: Google, maybe?