Minimum day rate or salary for pipeline supervisors

Hello everybody
  I have got an offer in Iraq, bashra as a pipeline supervisor with one of a big oil and gas operator. I have 7 years of experience in this field, and holding an bachelor of engineering degree. My job is 28 days on/ 28days off,. Work is 7 days a week, 12 hours a day, It is a field job. 28days off is not paid, insurance and flight ticket will be provided by company's cost.Its a 12 month contract.

Please can anyone help me, how much  can ask I ask as my day rate or salary.

Hi jacky_007 and welcome to Expat.com!

Your discussion has been moved on the Iraq forum for better visibility.

Best of luck,
Christine

Hi there,

I have a Iraqi friend who also had an offer from a big oil company which is called PP as i think , he said that his offer was 3500$ to 4000$ per month in Basra ... but he is Iraqi and his title  is not a supervisor . hope that will help.

regards

phew hard question ,  i hate saying this  but different salarys for diferent nationalities,, i alywats see  salary  for poor conbtures  a  lot leess than american  ex pats,.,.cheers anyway,.

are you coming with family or alone ?

My  name is Sattar from Iran & I graduated in  Mechanical Engineering ( Solid design )
I have experience  in Piping , Welding,NDT, Storage Tank, Pipeline ,Surface Preparation,Painting &Insulation projects at middle estate.
If in that project need to my expert,please announce me by email: [email protected]
Best Regards.

Sattar

Hi Christine,

Any help you can give regarding  security situation in Basra?

Thank you!!!

-Alex

Hi Alex,

Please note that your question is off topic here, i advise yo to start a new topic on the Iraq forum and ask about security in Basra there and other questions that you may have concerning this subject.

Also note that Christine is a member of the Expat.com team and is therefore not found in Iraq.

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

hello Sattar .i am Mojtaba from Iran .A mechanical engineer in the field of solid designing.i am interested to work in oil and Gas company in Iraq or other places.can you guide me about experiences which is needed as a mechanical engineer?what kinde of software and experiences is needed to know.

sincerely

Hello everybody,
I'M Dineesh, From Dhaka, Bangladesh. I'M a "AMIE in Mechanical Engineering From The  Institution Of Engineers (India)

Currently I'm Looking For Job, Look Like "QA/QC Engineer or QC Welding Inspector" I Have Been Work Experience Like 5 Year 6 Month in India, UAE, & Still Working Here In Bangladesh Job Roll is QA/QC Engineer, Experience field in Oil & gas, Shipping, Manufacturing and Production,  Inspection in Piping, Pipeline, Welding, Painting, Blasting, NDT & Insulation projects.

For Your Information, Currently Here I'm Request to the Expat.com or any others Employers, If your Organization have any Vacancies related to my profile Please kindly contract me immediately. or Please advise me "urgently how to get my related job in the middle east",  Area Specially Like Iraq, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Afghanistan & Libya.

Thank You For Your Time!

Yours Faithfully,
Dineesh Krishnan

@jacky_007

Hi mate I was working in northern Iraq between 2013 -2016 same Industry oil & gas construction side $7000 - $9000 USD per week & I'm no engineer so don't expect anything less & I  had to pay Australian taxes on that ,not sure about your country tax rule but if I had the opportunity again ,base yourself over there for a year

Cheers

Brad

@bharris501

Hello and welcome !

Please note that the post of Jacky is from 2012 ...

Regards

Bhavna

[Closing this old thread]

Closed