Tax Returns - How long can I expect to receive mine?

This is our first official year in Puerto Rico and filed our personal tax return a few months ago. How long before we can expect our return? From what we have been told it could take up to six months, is this true?

If you are talking about your refund, it depends. I file ASAP in February and get my change back in March or April. I have friends who file on April 15 and usually wait until August.

By the way, the government is beyond broke, so I think most thinking wage-slaves are making adjustments going forward so the amount is small and it is not a big deal. I would hate to expect a big check from pr.gov and get an IOU instead. ;)

Yes, our refund. I guess next year we'll file in January, we didn't wait last minute but I was hoping it wouldn't be later than June. Thanks for the info!

@fondofibiza Indeed. Just ask Doral Bank!

Yeah, read about them awhile ago. We haven't gotten our return yet, been given the run around, we are going to the Ombudsman next week. Not sure how much that will help but it's worth a try. [Moderated: please post an article in English]

Nice link. Thanks. It's logical Hacienda is holding back refunds but that doesn't make it any less lawless and infuriating. Good luck with the Ombudsman.

My procrastinating co-workers just got their refunds last week, early August as per usual! You should still follow up, but its likely you will get your check in the next week or so.

Glad to hear your friends got their refunds but I've followed up about 8 times (and that doesn't include my spouse calling) by now, including re-sending paperwork they already had four times via fax and email. I don't know if you have tried calling their line lately but it is a joke. Half the time you get disconnected. I'm done following up, I'll let the Ombudsman deal with it. I definitely will adjust what we're paying them from now on, that's for sure!