Malta Airline Tickets

Since some moderator decided to transfer this topic to the Malta forum -- which it does not belong there -- I decided to start it again.

We are people in Libya trying to find the rates and airlines that goes to Malta and maybe advice on hotels.

If you go to airmalta.com, for some reason Libya is not on the selection for the departure place.  So therefore we need to know how to contact.

What I have found out is there is an Airmalta office in Al Fatah towers.  You can go in there.  Also, I have the email and phone of the exact person you need to speak to.  So if you need PM me.

Someone said -- and I cannot remember who since they moved the thread -- that there were tickets for 277 LYD.

Could you please respond and let me know how and where you got that figure?  I was quoted higher.

Thank you in advance.

That's about right for a return flight to Malta for a ticket bought in Tripoli.

I was quoted 305 and 346, so I was wondering how to get the 277 price.

Hello Sea Angel, nice name by the way, anyway, price of ticket to malta is 225 LD according to Libyan Airlines for sure but for the health insurance and reservation it will cost around 150 LYD but I'm not very sure about it but the number within the range, best to go is Saint Julian area, full of store and full of restuarant best area in Malta, but I gotta tell it's full of night clubs so at night it's somehow noisy and about the hotel is Saint Julian Hotel Park, or Valantina in Sliema prices are 47 EUR in summer and 35 for the rest of season, best months to go are from May till September, in winter sucks coz too cold and no one in the streets. That's all

Thank you.

277 LYD for return ticket is right ! but i think would be different if buy 1 way... or 2 ways but sperated.

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/9058/47953281.jpg

If you are interested Sea Angel, you can get to Rome with Afriqiyah Airlines for 316 Dinars as an alternative

modi2010ly wrote:

277 LYD for return ticket is right ! but i think would be different if buy 1 way... or 2 ways but sperated.

img716.imageshack.us/img716/9058/47953281.jpg

Thank you very much.  I was quoted on AirMalta.  Now makes sense.

Airdrie Diamond wrote:

If you are interested Sea Angel, you can get to Rome with Afriqiyah Airlines for 316 Dinars as an alternative

Thank you.

Malta in November.  Who knows where in December.  LOL  Rome is on our list, too  :)

Hi sea angel

yes the ticket prices on air malta is 277 Libyan dinar , sometimes 284 Libyan Dinar

You can not buy the ticket online from Tripoli to Luqa Malta < you have to pay in cash )

But , you can get it online from Malta to tripoli ,by credit card , and not tip to MLA 

on Libyan airlines , very good and cheaper <233 last time in Aug ,

about the hotels in malta  very cheap ,  stayd at Sliema chalet hotel on the beach just 20 euro

advice you to book online on booking.com  more cheap online

Sliema and St Julian's are the best places ,

ibrahjette wrote:

Hi sea angel

yes the ticket prices on air malta is 277 Libyan dinar , sometimes 284 Libyan Dinar

You can not buy the ticket online from Tripoli to Luqa Malta < you have to pay in cash )

But , you can get it online from Malta to tripoli ,by credit card , and not tip to MLA 

about the hotels in malta  very cheap ,  stayd at Sliema chalet hotel on the beach just 20 euro

Well, I have been emailing with the guy at AirMalta in Al Fatah tower and he is quoting 305 LYD with no insurance -- and 342LYD with insurance or something.

I don't know how come 305 ??it's 165 euro   when eruo down=become cheap
up= expensive
anyway
why you don't use Libyan airlines ??it's very short fly ,30 mnt

Sea Angel wrote:
ibrahjette wrote:

Hi sea angel

Well, I have been emailing with the guy at AirMalta in Al Fatah tower and he is quoting 305 LYD with no insurance -- and 342LYD with insurance or something.

Sorry sea angel
i just checked Libyan and air malta , its expensive in both lines :(  278 L.D

but i advice you to buy one way  on libyan airlines = 127 dinar

and way back = 127 dinar

or get your ticket online one way to mla on Libyan flight
and get your back one way on airmalta

because you can't pay online on airmalta from Libya but it's possible to get return ticket online 114 euro

so i advice you to use Libyan airlines,

and about hotels , never problem , very available and very cheap

just advice you to not use a taxi there , Malta very small island , taxi price 20 euro ,it's 2 much ,use the Bus

bus = 0.20 cent

you find the bus station infront of the luga airport ,
if you booked hotel in Valletta , then you don't have to change the bus , 1 bus direct to valletta from the airport

if sliema or st.J  then 2 bus , to valletta and from there to st.j or sliema (same way ) = 0.35 cent

you see its still less than 1 euro

never use taxi there ,
if you are a smoker , get your cigarette from here ,

best regard

Depends what you are after. Air Malta do some excellent flight/hotel packages which you can't get online.

If you want a weekend on the piss, go for the Intercontinental Hotel, right in the middle of Paceville which is home to all the pubs, clubs and titty bars. Last time we went (Sept 2009) 3 nights + rtn flights was around Lyd 800. Bargain.

And in a 45 minute flight on Air Malta, it's possible to refuel with 2 cans of Cisk. :top:

ibrahjette wrote:

Sorry sea angel
i just checked Libyan and air malta , its expensive in both lines :(  278 L.D

but i advice you to buy one way  on libyan airlines = 127 dinar

and way back = 127 dinar

or get your ticket online one way to mla on Libyan flight
and get your back one way on airmalta

because you can't pay online on airmalta from Libya but it's possible to get return ticket online 114 euro

so i advice you to use Libyan airlines,

and about hotels , never problem , very available and very cheap

just advice you to not use a taxi there , Malta very small island , taxi price 20 euro ,it's 2 much ,use the Bus

bus = 0.20 cent

you find the bus station infront of the luga airport ,
if you booked hotel in Valletta , then you don't have to change the bus , 1 bus direct to valletta from the airport

if sliema or st.J  then 2 bus , to valletta and from there to st.j or sliema (same way ) = 0.35 cent

you see its still less than 1 euro

never use taxi there ,
if you are a smoker , get your cigarette from here ,

best regard

Thank you very much.  I really appreciate the information.

Thank you again, Everyone.

Update information

on libyan airline , 244 Ld

You can pay by credit card with AM.  Go into their office in Al Fatah towers, turn right and follow sign for credit card payment.  Libyan Airlines are always cheaper, with AM you arer paying a lot for a "free" G&T!  If you dont want the nightclub scene lot of hotels in Sliema side facing Valetta