Mobily Internet E-life Plane..( Fiber)

Well recently mobily installed Fiber in my area and a blackBox outside my building so i was think of getting the 25mbps package and i wanted to know how is the service. Are their bandwidth caps and how is the speed its delivers is it 25mbps. And are their some other problems i would face after getting this installed........ plz share your experience with me.. Thanx IN advance.. Guys :)

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=257941

I mean.
    how is the performance not Installation Schedule Issues. Ok let me just ask some questions this what i am interested in.

How is the speed it gives is it 25mbps like it says?

How Is the ping?

How is the stability Of it?

Are their any Bandwidth Caps?

Falaq wrote:

I mean.
    how is the performance not Installation Schedule Issues. Ok let me just ask some questions this what i am interested in.

How is the speed it gives is it 25mbps like it says?

How Is the ping?

How is the stability Of it?

Are their any Bandwidth Caps?

Yes there is a usage CAP like all ISPs.

Connection stability and RTT (ping) are dependent on locality.

If you are in or around Olayya ; you are good.

All ISP companies are having "Fair Usage Policy" to avoid abuse on their network.  They have a certain amount of bandwidth before capping your internet connection.  I am sure you would get the same speed as what you have subscribed.

Dear All,

Regarding Mobily eLife's 25 Mbps Internet Connection, i would like to say that, The Internet speed is excellent,
From Speedtest.net results, I get around 23 mbps download speed and 5.23 mbps as upload speed and around 23-26 ping.
When i download any files from 'Internet Download Manger', i get around 2.00 mbps download speed and from 'utorrent', i get around 2.1 mbps download speed, which is good as per the plan.

So, its worth giving a try for those who keep their downloads on large capacity, like torrents or any other things.

Check my another Topic Discussion: Mobily Internet eLife 25 Mbps Postpaid Plan Connection.

For any questions and queries, you can reach me via email - [email protected]

Kind Regards,
Fayhan

fyhn wrote:

Dear All,

Regarding Mobily eLife's 25 Mbps Internet Connection, i would like to say that, The Internet speed is excellent,
From Speedtest.net results, I get around 23 mbps download speed and 5.23 mbps as upload speed and around 23-26 ping.
When i download any files from 'Internet Download Manger', i get around 2.00 mbps download speed and from 'utorrent', i get around 2.1 mbps download speed, which is good as per the plan.

So, its worth giving a try for those who keep their downloads on large capacity, like torrents or any other things.

Check my another Topic Discussion: Mobily Internet eLife 25 Mbps Postpaid Plan Connection.

Kind Regards,
Fayhan

Hi can you tell me if you ever felt like they are making bittorrent slow or if there is any bandwidth cap for mobily elife 25mbps. STC does not do this in their FTTH package but both STC and Mobily play with bittorrent in their 4G services. I am using STC 4g now and they cap torrents speeds to 100kb/s during the day and uncap it during the night or during off peak hours from what i have noticed.

I recently moved to a new location, while i was enjoying up to 10Mbps in my old area, now because of the number of subscribers in exit 6 area the speed goes down to 0.5 Mbps to 2 Mbps and sometimes too slow to even browse the net while upload speed blazes at 20 Mbps. Luckily I have building provided 20 Mbps FTTH but that also contains 50+ users so i need to get my own internet.

Please let me know so i will go ahead with my order. Confirm if mobily extending its fair usage policy to elife also or not ?

promicin wrote:
fyhn wrote:

Dear All,

Kind Regards,
Fayhan

Hi can you tell me if you ever felt like they are making bittorrent slow or if there is any bandwidth cap for mobily elife 25mbps. STC does not do this in their FTTH package but both STC and Mobily play with bittorrent in their 4G services. I am using STC 4g now and they cap torrents speeds to 100kb/s during the day and uncap it during the night or during off peak hours from what i have noticed.

I recently moved to a new location, while i was enjoying up to 10Mbps in my old area, now because of the number of subscribers in exit 6 area the speed goes down to 0.5 Mbps to 2 Mbps and sometimes too slow to even browse the net while upload speed blazes at 20 Mbps. Luckily I have building provided 20 Mbps FTTH but that also contains 50+ users so i need to get my own internet.

Please let me know so i will go ahead with my order. Confirm if mobily extending its fair usage policy to elife also or not ?

Keep in mind that all ISP's have their "Fair Usage Policy" which is once you reached the BW limit, they will automatically capped your speed.  This is to avoid the abuse of their network.

TrippleJ wrote:
promicin wrote:
fyhn wrote:

Dear All,

Kind Regards,
Fayhan

Keep in mind that all ISP's have their "Fair Usage Policy" which is once you reached the BW limit, they will automatically capped your speed.  This is to avoid the abuse of their network.

This is not true in case of dsl/ftth from STC as I have exceed well over 200 GB in downloads and speed is not affected. But I would like to know if this is true for mobily elife also.

Also FUP is usually applied to Data Services only.