NEED TO KNOW ABOUT KOKOPO IN PNG

can any tell me abt the town kokopo in PNG ?

i got a job in Kokopo. what abt the facilities and all thr in kokopo ?

Do ant town exist in Kokopo..

what will be the common language/

living cost

SAJISA wrote:

can any tell me abt the town kokopo in PNG ?

i got a job in Kokopo. what abt the facilities and all thr in kokopo ?

Do ant town exist in Kokopo..

what will be the common language/

living cost

Why don't you Google it ?? Plenty of pictures and all the information you require is there.

Kokopo is the capital of the East New Britain province PNG.
The common language is pidgin english.

any replyssss

thanks for the reply !!!!

I visited there briefly. It is really lovely and very safe. You will like it

Hello:

About Kokopo.  Very safe here.  People are friendly and warm.  No problem with the language since you can use English.  Pidgin is the official language then local language is Kuanua.  Cost of living here is depending on your life style.  You can ren a three bedroom house for 4,000 Kina a month.  Electricity is 1.30 Kina per kilowatt hour.  Petrol is 3.50 Kina per liter.  Slice bread is 4.50 each, 1 kilogram og drumstick chicken is 12 Kina.  8 pieces of local banana is 3 Kina.  Public vehicle fare is 5 Kina for 10 kilometers trip.

It is everybody's word that the whole Papua New Guinea is a safe place and the Tolai people is very friendly and I attest to that.

hi sajisa ! have u arrived in PNG ? if yes can u please post some more information about PNG ? i m also planning to move to PNG ... is there Indian Spices and other stuff available ? hows the Place ? Internet Connections ?? what you are doing there please share !!
thanks

rashmi sharma wrote:

hi sajisa ! have u arrived in PNG ? if yes can u please post some more information about PNG ? i m also planning to move to PNG ... is there Indian Spices and other stuff available ? hows the Place ? Internet Connections ?? what you are doing there please share !!
thanks

An internet search will give you a lot of the information you are looking for.
Herbs and spices are available.
Internet is variable and can be a problem in outlying areas.
Safety is of primary concern in PNG.

Hi stumpy ! Thanks for the reply
I already searched some information on internet actually i m  planning to shift in  KOKOPO East  New Britain .so just want to confirm about the Facilities available  .

Rashmi, Indian spices might be hard to find in Kokopo. Its not a big place. Better of you stuff some in your household shipment. I live in Port Moresby, the capital and can imagine how it would be in Kokopo if things are tough here. Its a peaceful and beautiful place, that the feedback I have. Internet is one of the most expensive in the world if not the most.

ooohhhh :( ! but Thanks for the information  Rayan !!  :) i will bring some from India !

Hi Sharma,
I am a local resident from East New Britain. It is the most beautiful and safe Province in Papua New Guinea and fast developing.
The Province is full of expats from different countries and if you arrive in Kokopo, you will be surprise to see exparts roaming freely. Contact me via email so I can give you more guide.

Hear from you soon.