Hiring a domestic maid

Lamiya_M wrote:

Hello! I am searching for Indonesian Maid to work in Azerbijan(Baku) in private villa by the contract.Pls contact with me - [email protected]
My Skype - lamiya.malikova

Wow, you are persistent!  :D 
And you surely were not paying attention to what that gentleman (Ubudian) said right there (Hello, Sir).

Lamiya, you are on the wrong forum.

Lamiya_M wrote:

Hello! I am searching for Indonesian Maid to work in Azerbijan(Baku) in private villa by the contract.Pls contact with me - [email protected]
My Skype - lamiya.malikova

Why an Indonesian maid??

You should have enough local people there looking for a job....

Is she is still available for job in Qatar?

manmoon55 wrote:

Is she is still available for job in Qatar?

Who is available ??

The "bottom line" here is simple folks!

Don't come on this forum looking to hire Indonesian women for domestic jobs outside of Indonesia.

Geez!  That point should be pretty clear by now!

Hello .I'm in malaysia looking for an indonesian maid. Anyone willing to come.

kalwant wrote:

Hey Ubudian this dude  obviously did not read the preceding posts, especially yours... :lol:

kalwant wrote:

NO.......

Just a final word of advice to any of my Indonesian sisters who might seriously be considering taking on a domestic type job in ANY foreign country...and that is to NEVER, EVER hand over your passport to your employer.  If they need a photo copy (to register you with the local police) then go to a photocopy or business services store yourself...or go with your employer.  If they say they need it for immigration...then go with them to the immigration office. 

Immigration officials may require you to hand over your passport (for visa processing reasons) but always get the receipt for your passport in YOUR name, and make it clear that your passport is only to be returned to you, in person, and to none else. 

Also, don't fall into the trap of "I'll store your passport in my safe" or some other "security based" reason why you should hand over that extremely vital document. 

This same advice applies to those "employment agents" who feed on trusting Indonesian women, but in fact are nothing less than horrific human traffickers.  Those of us on this forum for a long time have seen these types of solicitations here before. 

As the year 2015 rapidly approaches, specifically the ASEAN agreement regarding ease of employment within ASEAN member countries, I personally fear that this grave issue will get even worse, and that in fact, this "opportunity" will very likely be abused at levels previously unheard of. 

The sad truth is this...for many Indonesian women the first Indonesian passport they are ever issued is only to facilitate their move to a foreign country for domestic type work.  And, in my own personal observations and first hand experience with some of these ladies, Indonesia immigration (issuing these passports) most often fails to convey the vital need for the passport holder to retain their passport in their possession.

The responsibility to avoid becoming a victim primarily falls upon you.

Roy has that one sewn up.

To those intending to work.
Keep your documents close - never letting anyone keep them for you.

For expats wanting a maid in Indonesia.
Talk to your security people. Better than average chance they'll know someone.
For the married ladies who hire a maid:
Make sure you photocopy her ID card (KTP)
Make sure she comes up with a police criminal record check (It's cheap, so offer to pay for it)
Do as my wife does - hire one that looks as sexy as the back end of a bus - so your husband doesn't get naughty ideas.

Our latest is old, fat, and as ugly as sin.

Men. Never sleep with the maid.

Have your fun and kick her out of bed before the wife gets home.

Here in Bali it's a bit different than in The Big Durian when it comes to finding good domestic help.

Here the emphasis is on trying to find that help in the very village (kampung) where you decide to live.

The kapala desa (head of the village) is always the best place to start with that quest.

Like your post fred....   :D

Your passport is never yours. It is the property of the country that issued it and it is an offence for someone to withhold it from you.

Well, not 4,500000IDR
and not also 2000000IDR
for maid's who has an experienced with expat, 2000000IDR for live out maid's.  not enough,(they need  food, transport, and place for living.

:unsure

latifahnur wrote:

Well, not 4,500000IDR
and not also 2000000IDR
for maid's who has an experienced with expat, 2000000IDR for live out maid's.  not enough,(they need  food, transport, and place for living.

:unsure

:/ what are you talking about now ?

Sorry, maybe I miss something in between ?

What you mean with "well not Rp 4.500.000" ?

Ubudian wrote:

Just a final word of advice to any of my Indonesian sisters who might seriously be considering taking on a domestic type job in ANY foreign country...and that is to NEVER, EVER hand over your passport to your employer.  If they need a photo copy (to register you with the local police) then go to a photocopy or business services store yourself...or go with your employer.  If they say they need it for immigration...then go with them to the immigration office. 

Immigration officials may require you to hand over your passport (for visa processing reasons) but always get the receipt for your passport in YOUR name, and make it clear that your passport is only to be returned to you, in person, and to none else. 

Also, don't fall into the trap of "I'll store your passport in my safe" or some other "security based" reason why you should hand over that extremely vital document. 

This same advice applies to those "employment agents" who feed on trusting Indonesian women, but in fact are nothing less than horrific human traffickers.  Those of us on this forum for a long time have seen these types of solicitations here before. 

As the year 2015 rapidly approaches, specifically the ASEAN agreement regarding ease of employment within ASEAN member countries, I personally fear that this grave issue will get even worse, and that in fact, this "opportunity" will very likely be abused at levels previously unheard of. 

The sad truth is this...for many Indonesian women the first Indonesian passport they are ever issued is only to facilitate their move to a foreign country for domestic type work.  And, in my own personal observations and first hand experience with some of these ladies, Indonesia immigration (issuing these passports) most often fails to convey the vital need for the passport holder to retain their passport in their possession.

The responsibility to avoid becoming a victim primarily falls upon you.

Nice advice,,,,,,,!!!!!
The true is this seem just another cliche,,,, they know but they can't do what they should do, the reason is simple they afraid to lose the job if don't listen to the employer, only a few who have more courage to do so

Here in Taiwan there were more then 200000 Indonesian worker, and the passport issue is no secret that employer or the agencie often kept the document with the reason afraid the worker will run away, to the surprise the worker much obliged to follow what the employer or agencies told them, it's sad but that's the fact why most country likes to hire Indonesian worker because they are ' penurut' hardworker and they complain less with the regulation..

Guys, anyone need maid? Since we'll move to spore this dec... Sudirman or kuningan area... :D

Good luck with your move to Singapore.

Ubudian wrote:

Good luck with your move to Singapore.

thank You :) well maybe will stay for couple months only. since hubby might be get another contract in Shanghai. Weww... Lol

Are you still looking for work? We are located in Bali and looking for a maid to work 5 days a week, general cleaning and house hold duties, and some cooking of local food no need for western cooking. " adults and 1 17 year old daughter+ 2 dogs. You can email me [email protected]

Try to contact "expatally". Just google it. They offer some services for people who are going to move to Indonesia.
You can request for maid and driver as well.

Hi i want to know live in or live out?? where you live in bali???

we are currently in Nusa Dua hills but will be Pecatu at the end of May when our house is finished, live out currently but can be live in at Pecatu.

@ tanyastraatsma > Would be best if you can post your job offer in the Housemaid jobs in Jakarta section, it is in fact the most appropriate section.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

tanyastraatsma wrote:

Are you still looking for work? We are located in Bali and looking for a maid to work 5 days a week, general cleaning and house hold duties, and some cooking of local food no need for western cooking. " adults and 1 17 year old daughter+ 2 dogs. You can email me [email protected]

U asked to me?

Ha ha ha Go get them Bella_Shu

lukereg wrote:

Ha ha ha Go get them Bella_Shu

if the monthly salary as high as my husband salary, surely We'll go to bAli :D

:D
hey ... anyone looking for a nanny /house maid .
but the way i am agre with latifah nur ,2 mil is not enough ,my ex employer pay me 3 mill ,,, but i leave them as i have to go other city with family . now i am bavk to jakrta and need a job . because my ex bos have already one nanny in their house :(:sosad:

3 million is a very good salary for such a job.

I don't know about any maid earning this amount of money....

Tom, the rates are all different and it depends on how much they can get from their employer. We pay twice as much as the going rate in our area because I can but we have to keep it quiet. Nonsense but that's market forces for you

I understand your point Luke, what I meant is that I personally don't know anyone who is paying that amount of salary for a maid.

Certainly there are other cases and as you said correctly, sometimes market forces you.

I could not pay 3 million a month. That's far too much in my world.  2 is stretching it a bit far.

my partner pay our living out maid for 2.4 million, only come 5 times a week and just cleaning apartement, but well she doesnt steal and speak English so thats the price of peace of mind I guess

i would suggest you to find an agency that handle hiring maid. As if you have trouble to communicate( cuz restrictiveness of bahasa) you could just call the agency

inah82 wrote:

Hi all I have indonesian maid available all of them can speak english

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
I see you're a very small business, just trying to make a little bit of cash, but you shouldn't really advertise on the forums.

https://www.expat.com/en/jobs/asia/indonesia/jakarta/

This link takes you to the 'jobs' section.
Adverts there tend to last a lot longer, and get far more views as they don't disappear down the post list as the days go by.
You might, as I see you're trying to advertise maids to Malaysia, also like to post one in the Malaysia section.

However, take great care with that as the Indonesian government might very well take an interest in that part of your business if you don't have at least a CV company and everything else required.
You'd probably be better sticking to maids within Indonesia.
I'll send you a PM as I may be in need of a pembantu after the holiday.

mm 4.5 juta huh, well I am paying 600k for every day part time, half day, washing, cleaning, and other small things, then again my wife is local, I speak the languages, and know the people, then my area is at the lower part of the scale in Jakarta, but has many other positive things. But don't expect even a word English, or working experiences :) well what would y expect for a price like this. But if working for Bule it could be between 1.1 and 2 mil , no live in, those time are gone, but if paying 4.5 you would probably stay in your place :)

What are you talking about?

well Fred, since you probably one of the good old boys on this forum, its about hiring a domestic maid, but I think not in your price range :)

my name indriyati. Im experienced work for 2years Korean 3 years Japanese and 1 year American Embassy last early August 6th 2016. I dont like involve any house maid agent. So pls direct to contact me ill b happy to interview with new employer. Best regard Indriyati Sudirman Jakarta Pusat.

Moderated by kenjee 7 years ago
Reason : Do not share contact infos on forum. Drop advert of job in JOBS section above to contact directly with employer.

Hi good evening.....just an information for all foreigner.....there are different salary between foreigner house maid and domestic helper. Bcaused foreigner house maid  most of them an experienced maid not too much headache with them.....they knew what to do.....they knew how to work as a maid much better with domestic helper that the price very low from very villages they cant speak english event they dont know how to clean rice cooker......how to threat electricity tools in the kitchen. So the salary 4.5 million-8 million this is real salary for foreigner jn Sanghrilla residence.....hourly payment must be Rp 50.000;- so daily we hv salary minimum Rp.300.000 you could choose which maid you want it compare with their knowledge. Thnkyou.