New to Nairobi-looking for salsa enthusiasts

Hello,

I just moved to Nairobi and am looking for salsa buddies to go out for salsa nights around here. I'm originally from NY but have been living in Korea for the past 2 years.

Hi,

I have been in Nairobi for about a month now and I am planning to take up salsa lessons.

That's great! Learning salsa will be lots of fun. I'm not sure how the salsa scene is here but I've been dancing for about 2 years and more just looking for social nights of dancing. I'm trying to arrange a meetup for Brew Bistro's on Wednesday if interested!

Hi

Try 680 hotel as well. They have Salsa nights every Saturday, see info below:

Urban Glitz Salsa

Price: sh100
WHEN: Saturday, June 16 (19:00 - 23:00)
Repeat: Weekly Until Dec 22 2012
Where:
Six Eighty Hotel
Kenyatta Ave, Nairobi, Kenya +254 Nairobi 
020 315680
Event description

(moderated)

If you do decide to would not mind tagging along. I have asked friends and they have never had time and I do not feel comfortable going along as have never salsa-d in my life

That sounds great! I am definitely up for trying it this upcoming Saturday and as of now I am free to do so. I will send you a message non4me towards the end of the week to let you know for sure if I can go.

Sounds something good happening here..would like to join if u don't mind..let me know if anything gets planned..

Hi, i would also love to join Salsa lessons. Please contact me if i can join you. My number is 0729078478

If anyone is free this Wednesday, I want to try and visit Brew Bistro's and hopefully be there around 7:30pm. PM me if interested.

inkblot01 wrote:

Hello,

I just moved to Nairobi and am looking for salsa buddies to go out for salsa nights around here. I'm originally from NY but have been living in Korea for the past 2 years.

can you teach miss two left feet (read me) ? *puppy eyes* :-)i think there is a place at sarit centre near the gym..not too sure, will confirm and let you know.

I can teach you the basics sure!

would also love 2b taught although am gud @ other dances like belly dancing so guess i wld learn fast.

Just moved. Is salsa at 680still going on? and how does it compare to Brew Bristo? Looking for new friends to tag along with tomorrow if feasible (9/21/2012)

Hey BrianT2! I'm actually going to try 680 Hotel on Sunday if you're free then because apparently that's when they have their salsa night.

And, if you can't I will go to Brew Bistro's on Wed. They have a live band and smallish dance floor but it's a nice atmosphere!

Hey Guys...I found out one more place..it has got a very small area to dance..but u can find many ppl dancing once the music starts...its in Westgate mall...actually a sushi bar called Onami...but its got an inhouse band that plays Salsa music on Thursdays ...lemme kno if u guyz wanna get together and check out the place..

Hi - I'm also looking for places to dance Salsa - have danced for about 3 years - anyone planning to get together this week? If so, where and when?

Thanks

Sorry for the delayed response! Didn't go to salsa this week but usually go to Brew Bistro's on Wed. PM me if you've got time this week to check it out.

Brew Bistro is great for salsa. This Thursday i'll definitely try my wacky moves at Onami, Westgate shopping mall, Westlands starts from 8:30pm to Midnight. Feel free to tag along :-)

Hello,I 'm mike Nyawade I have a friend who can teach you salsa. I used to teach salsa before,but I stopped it for awhile and I think now m stiff alittle bit. If you are interested then I can connect you. Thanx

halo am in Nairobi looking for place to dance salsa and bachata in Nairobi town

Hi? Can you teach me how to dance salsa?

Hi Everybody,

I am looking for a place to train Salsa and Bachata, I am salsa, bachata teacher and it will be great to dance in Nairobi.

Hi, did you find a place to dance salsa in Nairobi?

I would like to dance salsa too, but I am not sure where to go

Hey! So there's a couple of places for dancing and various instructors. Check out Destination magazine. This month has an article that lists a lot

Beginning to learn salsa now..

hi guys want to do salsa tomorrow where is the best place to go?

hi am also going for a salsa night tomorrow i could tag you along

any salsa stuff happening , plz tag  av missd dancing . am currently in nairobi

Hello! I just moved to Nanyuki last weekend - about 3 hours outside Nairobi - I will be here for 4 months and would love to do some dancing for a weekend if people are still meeting up.
I dance salsa, but also - does anyone know of other dances in or around Nairobi (or Nanyuki) such as West Coast Swing, Rock n' roll (east coast swing) or others?

Still dancing at Brew Bistro? Keen for some social dancing salsa scene in nrb

Aw! Ochenta Y Ocho!! I miss, do send me some photos if you can!

Would love 2 learn 2 am a quicke leaner brew bistro is close to my place so not bad place to start with. Is there onother place were dances are done during the day?

Hey Evanick, it's unlikely to get a popular place where there's social dancing during the day especially during the week. Popular nights among the Nairobi salseros are Friday, Saturday and Sunday night. You could google baileros and search for Nairobi to see some of the places with social dancing in Nairobi.

Salsa in Nairobi details: These are some of the events that I've attended over the past few months. Best to check them out yourself to see which are best suited but I would recommend trying Wednesdays if you sorta know your salsa stuff and Fridays for anyone.

Tuesdays- Hidden Agenda in Sarit Centre. Social dancing only, starts roughly at 8 pm. Very chilled out.

Wednesdays- Brew Bistro Lounge Bar. Social dancing only, starts roughly at 8 pm. Usually there is a live band playing salsa musica. Good crowd.

Thursdays- Kizomba at Secrets Lounge on Loita street...Kizomba classes followed by social dancing

Fridays: Salsa night at Metro Lounge on Koinange street. Classes followed by open dance floor. 6pm-Late. Typically well attended, lively crowd.

Saturdays: Salsa night at 680 Hotel. Classes followed by open dance floor. 7pm till late

Sundays: Salsa at Lavish Lounge (along Moi avenue). Classes then open dance floor. 4pm till 10 pm

Some sites/pages to visit on Nairobi Salsa:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/urbanglitzsalsa/https://www.facebook.com/SalsaAfriqueEntertainmenthttps://www.facebook.com/groups/1478973905670038/https://www.facebook.com/emmanuel.mutati

(Moderated: no free ad on the forum pls)

Hi Salseros and Salseras,
Just looking for an update on popular salsa hangouts in Nairobi through out the week, also curious as to what style is popular in Nairobi, on1, on2, cuban ?
Finally, haven't danced in ages so also looking for dance practice partners to refresh and possibly attend salsa nights.
Cheers!
ps Would be great to find someone interested or already dancing New York On2 style Salsa.

Hi all,
Just gone through the entire thread and cant help but ask myself, "Where have I been all this time?". I looooooooooove salsa. Haven't danced in ages. No one else around me seems to like it so, I have been looking high and low for salsa enthusiasts. My only problem is, I do not do night stuff so it will be difficult for me to join you at any of the mentioned places.

AlieninCairo, I will be glad to practice with you. Just let me know when you are available.

please call florence nyaoke she owns a salsa group and is a salsa instructor +254 721971427

Hi there is an Ladies afro salsa this Saturday during the day if you are interested. Its organized by mungamarionatgmail and costs Kes1500
Ladies Afro Salsa Styling Workshop with Marion Munga at Shani Active Gym, 3rd floor at ABC Place.

The workshop will focus on Ladies Afro Salsa Styling (body movement, isolation, control and attitude), footwork, shines and overall enhance confidence and nurture your personal sense of style while dancing.

AlieninCairo wrote:

Hi Salseros and Salseras,
Just looking for an update on popular salsa hangouts in Nairobi through out the week, also curious as to what style is popular in Nairobi, on1, on2, cuban ?
Finally, haven't danced in ages so also looking for dance practice partners to refresh and possibly attend salsa nights.
Cheers!
ps Would be great to find someone interested or already dancing New York On2 style Salsa.

Hey did you figure out what styles are popular? I also just recently moved back to Nairobi and I'm looking for good On2 salsa spots.

Esthercita
Did you find a place to teach salsa? In box me