Police clearance certificate-Libya

Help needed in Libya.I lived in Libya 6-7 years back.I need a criminal record from the Police HQ in Tripoli.I am prepared to pay for it and I need urgently.It is required for Canadian immigration.Can someone help please?? I have no idea how to contact them,write to them etc.Help pls....

Call the libyan embassy that deals with the country you are in and ask them how to get it. good luck.

No use..The libyan embassy here in the US doesn't have a clue and they ask me to travel to Libya.. :(.

Yeah, good luck dealing with those [Moderated] in the US.  I may pull a couple of strings and have at least one of those "women" recalled.

If I were you, I'd just type something official looking in Arabic, put a green stamp on it, and then provide a translation.

I also don't understand why Canada wants us to deal with this.I feel harrassed...

shankarmoorthy wrote:

No use..The libyan embassy here in the US doesn't have a clue and they ask me to travel to Libya.. :(.

Wow ! That's some public service !

Does someone know of some agents/Law firms who can do this for me?

thats why i said good luck on that one. Canada has every right to want your criminal records I have to disagree about it being harassment. I think it is only right to not allow criminals into Canada. Espeacially if your looking to immigrate and live here.

I don't think he has a problem with the Canadian authorities wanting a police report - it's the fact that he's not in Libya and therefore can't do much about it.

Looks like the only thing to do is either come to Libya and do it yourself (easier said than done) or appoint a lawyer in Libya to handle it.

Along those lines, the US Embassy in Tripoli has a list of Libyan attorneys on their website.  No endorsement of course, just names and phone numbers and you can do your own vetting.

Canada is really strict regarding criminal histories.

I tried each one of them...They don't provide this service. I have never seen this kind of closed system.How can Libya close themselves like this?

shankarmoorthy wrote:

I tried each one of them...They don't provide this service. I have never seen this kind of closed system.How can Libya close themselves like this?

I'm confused, didn't you say you lived in Libya 6-7 years ago?  I would have imagined you would have experienced this chaos when you lived here.

I never dealt with the "Govt" myself...My employer did that for me..that includes the visa.That's why I am ignorant.

shankarmoorthy wrote:

you stated in your profile that you are an Indian national;
My advice would be to contact the Indian embassy in Tripoli and get them to request the certificate on your behalf..
Let's hope the Indian embassy employs an open system and is more efficient!!

Good luck
EL

The problem is that consulates are supposed to be  representatives of their own countries...I wanted a certificate from India.I applied it in the consulate in chicago and got it in 2 weeks.I wanted a certificate from Bahrain and dubai..I got it done from their local consulates in US.Libyan consulate is the only consulate that can't do it for me.
To answer *ExpatLibyan*'s answer,Indian consulate can't interact with Libyan police for its citizens..It can interact with Indian police to give me what I want.

PilotMikeTx wrote:

Yeah, good luck dealing with those morons in the US.  I may pull a couple of strings and have at least one of those "women" recalled. Really? how impressive!

If I were you, I'd just type something official looking in Arabic, put a green stamp on it, and then provide a translation.Tut-Tut.

shankarmoorthy wrote:

...Libyan consulate is the only consulate that can't do it for me.

In that case I would advice you to be persistent. Anyone who dealt with Libyan bureaucracy would know that if at first you don't succeed, TRY, TRY AGAIN. Don't give up too easily; persistence pays off in the end.

ExpatLibyan wrote:
shankarmoorthy wrote:

you stated in your profile that you are an Indian national;
My advice would be to contact the Indian embassy in Tripoli and get them to request the certificate on your behalf..
Let's hope the Indian embassy employs an open system and is more efficient!!

Good luck
EL

Good thought - maybe the Indian Embassy in Tripoli can put you in touch with a lawyer or company that can get it for you.

Shankar,

Send me your contact details alongwith the relevant information about your residence and I will forward to my contacts and see what can be done about getting you the certificate.

Hi, has anyone figured out how to get the police clearance report from Libya yet? I really would like to know! Thanks

help needed to get police clearance certificate from Derna Libya
I lived and worked there for seven years 21 years ago any help will be appriciated.

Hi,

I found out how to get the police clearance report from Libya in Canada

I contacted the Libyan embassy in Ottawa and they faxed over the forms that are needed to obtain a clearance report. However they advised me that it could take a minimum of 6 months to 2 years to get one and it's not guaranteed.

"it could take a minimum of 6 months to 2 years to get one and it's not guaranteed."

:lol::lol::lol:

There's a quintesenntial understatement for ya! 

Instead of a police clearance cert, you could just tell whoever is asking for it that while it's a bit difficult to get at this time, at least you've been better behaved than Ghaddafi!

Hi is there anyone in Libiya that needs help getting out!
Ferry services
Food
Clothing
Air flights
???????

Is there anyone in Benghazi or other cities that can give us updates on what is happening there. email me at [email protected]

Email me brother I will try my best to help!!!

sir, I wants to Libya police clearence certificate and I am also send to mail ID . Plz give me informantion. PLZ send info My mail id jasmailsingh59Ymail.com. I m belong to India It is very important me.

Hi jasmail singh > maybe you should start a new topic on Libya forum and tell us what kind of info you are looking for? Thanks.

Does anybody tell me how to get Police Certificate from Libya. I really need it. I'll really thankful for your help!

..i love waking up to the sound of Grad missiles and the smell of burnt gun powder in the air.  what is it that you needed exactly ? maybe i can help ;)

Glad to know your OK, Gulf.
I wonder where everyone else is.
No one seems to be speaking.
So the fighting is still going on?
I hadn't heard about new attacks in the last few days, only about elections, so I had hoped it stopped.
Wishing you well, brother.

I just dealt with a similar situation and was able to get the police record from Libya. (that was before all hell broke loose and the government shut down)  I was told that you can still get  police records though so I will ask my family lawyer in Libya if he would be willing to handle cases of this sort.

Hi, GISgirl,

Do you have any information about how to get Police clearance from Police HQ Tripoli? I really need it and I am ready to pay any fees for it. Please help me! I really appreciate if you could help me with this problem. Thanks,

I'm afraid its a no go for now.

Hi! The situation in Libya is getting better specially in Tripoli. I am a nurse currently working here in Libya and I need to get a police clearance before my contract will end on November.Is there anyone here who knows where to obtain the police clearance in Libya?

sir, I wants to Libya police clearence certificate and I am also send to mail ID . Plz give me informantion. PLZ send info My mail id jasmailsingh59Ymail.com. I m belong to India It is very important me.

-@jasmail singh

hello brotger you got pcc for libya

send me any detail

i need pcc for libyq

Hi jasmail singh > maybe you should start a new topic on Libya forum and tell us what kind of info you are looking for? Thanks.

-@Christine

helo madam you have any informion for libya

i newd pcc for libya