Health care

Hi Everyone!

I just joined this Forum today! I'm Sharon, writing to you from Toronto.
My family is looking into purchasing a condo in Provo! We've been, love it, know the island fairly well, and some of the expats living there! My father is concerned about the health carehe is retired, 76 years old, is in fine health, however God forbid something were to happen to him there, he is wondering about the emergency medical services in that type of situation. (I know a great man with a practice there, Dr Sam Slattery & his family, but my dad's concern is more about emergency medical services I believe.)
What have you heard ? Any experiences ?
Thank you in advance,
Sharon.

I also would love to know about this, as we currently live in Muskoka Ontario. I have belonged to this group for some time now and we are selling our B & B here to either move to The Okanagan Valley, Peachland or to Turks and Caico's. I would like to still work however we do want to keep our Ontario status for health care. I have heard that its less expensive to pay per visit in the Turks as it is so inexpensive for health professional's. I would assume you would still need some health coverage incase ( no matter of the age ) emergency issues that may arise. I would love to hear more on this topic and only wish that those who know of these answers could please help us to find the right choices?
Thanks Wendy from Muskoka Ontario

I would advise that you keep your private insurance and evacuation coverage.  NHIP will not cover evacuation to the states or Canada but will instead send you to Jamaica.  Interhealth Canada is hit or miss as to quality of treatment.