Question for Muslims in Morocco

As Salam Alaikom.

This question is to the Muslims in Morocco.

I have spoken to a few religious brothers from Morocco. I have heard them say that if you speak about the Sharia in Morocco that you will end up in a prison making rockets. Is this true? Will the government come and arrest you if you are speaking about Sharia in the country or advocating for it in the country? Or will they deport you or execute you?

Also i know there is not much Islam left in Morocco, but what would you say the most religious place is in Morocco? What city? If none of the cities are religious, is there any villages, or any other place that i could move to that has no bars, or night clubs, or alcohol, or music but has regular things within the city or town or village like a hospital, store, and other things?

Abuomaralsalafi wrote:

As Salam Alaikom.

This question is to the Muslims in Morocco.

I have spoken to a few religious brothers from Morocco. I have heard them say that if you speak about the Sharia in Morocco that you will end up in a prison making rockets. Is this true? Will the government come and arrest you if you are speaking about Sharia in the country or advocating for it in the country? Or will they deport you or execute you?

Also i know there is not much Islam left in Morocco, but what would you say the most religious place is in Morocco? What city? If none of the cities are religious, is there any villages, or any other place that i could move to that has no bars, or night clubs, or alcohol, or music but has regular things within the city or town or village like a hospital, store, and other things?

Morocco is a civilised country that doesn't hold with 7th century superstitions, I'm glad to say. Views like yours disgust me mainly because you don't want to see something so you would forbid it for all. Unfortunately, you would not be executed for holding the views that you do, a privilege that people like you do not extend to those who disagree with you where your foul fellow travellers are in power.

You are salafi? I hope you come to Morocco and get arrested. If you preach your disgusting creed, you will be. Be warned that if your wife wears niqab, this is - officially - forbidden in Morocco, although unfortunately the law is rarely applied. However, I hope the authorities make an exception in your case.

To answer your questions, yes you will get arrested for advocating sharia in Morocco (and for good reason, Morocco is a moderate country). I know of nowhere that would fit your description of a place to live. Perhaps you and all your friends would be happier in Pakistan, Afghanistan or Somalia. I hope you seriously consider those three options. And be sure to take the rest of the sharia advocates with you.

Thank you laduqesa.

Sodak wrote:

Thank you laduqesa.

This utter scum would outlaw music!

I don't know where he is now, but I hope that he gets thrown out and the people he and his colleagues are oppressing regain their freedom.

Wa Alaykum Salam

I know for a fact this topic will be closed and/or deleted due to it's religious nature, which generally is prohibited (that's what I think, not sure if it's a written rule!) on this site. But to give my two cents, Islam & Morocco doesn't go in the same sentence. I didn't see Islam in Morocco during my visits. Why don't you consider Saudi Arabia or somewhere more conservative, as Morocco will certainly disappoint you.

Sodak wrote:

To answer your questions, yes you will get arrested for advocating sharia in Morocco (and for good reason, Morocco is a moderate country). I know of nowhere that would fit your description of a place to live. Perhaps you and all your friends would be happier in Pakistan, Afghanistan or Somalia. I hope you seriously consider those three options. And be sure to take the rest of the sharia advocates with you.

He's already in Afghanistan.

Zayn wrote:

Wa Alaykum Salam

I know for a fact this topic will be closed and/or deleted due to it's religious nature, which generally is prohibited (that's what I think, not sure if it's a written rule!) on this site. But to give my two cents, Islam & Morocco doesn't go in the same sentence. I didn't see Islam in Morocco during my visits. Why don't you consider Saudi Arabia or somewhere more conservative, as Morocco will certainly disappoint you.

All are disappointing brother wherever it does not rule by the Quran and the Sunnah, and does not rule by the Sharia.

But as it seems, the villages are the only good place to live. I have seen some hookahs among the younger generation, but no wide spread alcohol, or drunks, or drug use, prostitution, etc. So i think i will speak to the religious brothers and we will look at settling in one village, and atleast making a change there.

For anyone that claims that there is no Islam in Morocco or that is a less religious country country that others . I think your mistaken big time here. If you have visited only bars and nightclubs during your time in morocco you won't find Islam there for sure. Why is there those kind of places in a Muslim country this is not something we have a say in it but that doesn't make us not Muslims or less religious , just because people don't fulfill the definition of Muslims "visually "usually doesn't make them less religious. Please don't look down on us as Muslims just because we are not living in a country that is religious as you see it.

Threads about politics and religions are not welcome on expat-blog.com

Specific forums exist to discuss about these personal matters

-thread closed-

Closed