Vehicle allowance - details needed

Hi all,

Please help in order to understand more about compensation benefits - vehicle allowance.

Questions I have in mind:
- Do you have to own a car registered in Malta, on your name? or if it's on husband's name + a declaration I am using it would work?
- Are there accepted receipts for fuel/taxi or car rental contract if I don't own a car yet?
- If I will buy a car, would the contract be taken into consideration for the benefit?
- The allowance is offered on a monthly/yearly basis?

Probably, there are some variables based on internal policies...
I know it is 50% tax free but if you know more details about the terms of approval, I would highly appreciate :D

Thank you!

ade7ade wrote:

Hi all,

Please help in order to understand more about compensation benefits - vehicle allowance.

Questions I have in mind:
- Do you have to own a car registered in Malta, on your name? or if it's on husband's name + a declaration I am using it would work?
- Are there accepted receipts for fuel/taxi or car rental contract if I don't own a car yet?
- If I will buy a car, would the contract be taken into consideration for the benefit?
- The allowance is offered on a monthly/yearly basis?

Probably, there are some variables based on internal policies...
I know it is 50% tax free but if you know more details about the terms of approval, I would highly appreciate :D

Thank you!

If you are talking about tax allowance then you need to contact the tax office and ask.
They are very helpful and will give you correct information.
If you are talking about business tax then best to consult a tax adviser.

Terry

Thanks! I thought the process is through the employer... then I will contact the Tax Office and get back with the answer :)